10+ Year Old Account

Quick Question (10H Amber Shaper)

Been working on Amber shaper heroic using the strat of having a tank continuously shaped in p2. The tank is stacking debuffs on both the boss and the monstrosity, raid member shaped during p2 are responsible for interrupts and any stack help they can give while maintaining the energy to stay alive till we break them out. However we have encountered an issue where we our shaped players complain that they cannot get the interrupt to go off despite hitting their keybind, and attempting to press the button on the action bar. At first I dismissed this as a poor excuse for not having the focus to complete the role, however when I was shaped later in the raid night I also encountered the issue. Despite being in melee range of the boss, I was unable to use the 1(interrupt) ability. Perhaps I'm forgetting a mechanic that stuns, or in some way inhibits the ability of the shaped players to use it? Or is their some form of application CD from our tank stacking the debuff? Hopefully I'm simply stupid and am missing a mechanic rather then this being a bug.

(Dps are not stacking the debuff on the monstrosity at all, simply using the 1 key to interrupt the monstrosities cast)

<Focus> US - Thunderlord. (20)

Using the self-interrupt (2 button) will stun the suit for ~1.5 seconds. Perhaps that was the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Deleted
    If the players construct is channeling you can not do anything else but interrupt yourself. So in other words if the casts come at the EXACT same time (rarely happens), but if it does you HAVE to interrupt yourself before interrupting the boss. You'll get an error message pop up saying, "You can't do that while channeling".

Post up above is correct with the second skill stunning you for about one second.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasboz View Post
    If the players construct is channeling you can not do anything else but interrupt yourself. So in other words if the casts come at the EXACT same time (rarely happens), but if it does you HAVE to interrupt yourself before interrupting the boss. You'll get an error message pop up saying, "You can't do that while channeling".

Post up above is correct with the second skill stunning you for about one second.
    The only thing in the fight that would prohibit you from interrupt is if your mutated construct is casting Amber Explosion, think if you were casting a spell at a boss, if you wanted to cast another ability in the middle of that cast you have to interrupt your first cast.

The Stun is only 0.50 Seconds, its neither 1 second or ~1.5 seconds. Just half a second. The cast time on either Amber Explosion from the Monstrosity or the Mutated Construct is a 2.5 second Cast, so even if you have to interrupt yourself before interrupting the boss, you have plenty of time.