Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Apparently we are NOT allowed to say D3 has now sold 12 million copies on a fan site.

I just made a thread about HOW Diablo3 had a huge impact on the latest Blizzard financial report of 2012.

400 million dollars MORE revenue and

a conclusion of HOW 12.000.000 copies (official now) sold for a PC game were proof of HOW on line only can protect the copyright of a product.

As a matter of fact it would have been a NICE discussion of how on line games with server controls show gigantic sales figures for PC games.

But helas, just like the other 2 threads that alluded to the NEW figure of 12.000.000 copies sold were closed with the same moderator.

So I would like to let this one open dude.

As a Diablo 3 fan ... I think we are the ONLY ones being sabotaged by our own mods.

it is really "hell" overhere.

Perhaps D3 forums should be monitored by people who actually like the game you know...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-08 at 08:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Perhaps D3 forums should be monitored by people who actually like the game you know...
    Or maybe you should just move on, just stop, it's really tiresome. Let the mods so their job, not easy for them.

Deleted
    what makes you think this thread won't be closed in the same fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by segoplout View Post
    Or maybe you should just move on, just stop, it's really tiresome. Let the mods so their job, not easy for them.
    I think the discussion about HOW server controlled games show an impressive number of sales is quite a decent argument that isn't covered by the existent threads.

because ... THAT on line requirement was ONE of the vast complaints about the game I like to play...

And now it shows D3 beats all records (after 7 months) by using this copyright technique...

So explain me why we shouldn't discuss it.

The extra hate this game gathered - concerning on line only - shows I am making a point here. PC games are dead by pirating acts of us all...

No need to try to put those sales records under the doormat.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-08 at 09:19 AM.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What a joke. I agree with you OP.

I think the discussion about HOW server controlled games show an impressive number of sales is quite a decent argument that isn't covered by the existent threads.

because ... THAT on line requirement was ONE of the vast complaints about the game I like to play...

And now it shows D3 beats all records (after 7 months) by using this copyright technique...

The extra hate this game gathered shows I am making a point here. PC games are dead by pirating acts of us all...

So because the Diablo name sold 12 million copies EVEN THOUGH it had an awful online-only system, an online-only system is good? The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because it's called Diablo and is made by Blizzard. Piracy is only a problem when the publishers/developers don't provide a product/service that is good enough, extreme DRM is a good example of a bad service which makes people pirate a cracked version that doesn't have that DRM.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-02-08 at 09:11 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    So because the Diablo name sold 12 million copies EVEN THOUGH it had an awful online-only system, an online-only system is good? The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because it's called Diablo and is made by Blizzard. Piracy is only a problem when the publishers/developers don't provide a product/service that is good enough, extreme DRM is a good example of a bad service which makes people pirate a cracked version that doesn't have that DRM.
    Nice opinion. Not a lot to do with his thread point though. Actually, nothing.

So because the Diablo name sold 12 million copies EVEN THOUGH it had an awful online-only system, an online-only system is good? The only reason D3 sold that many copies is because it's called Diablo and is made by Blizzard.
    OK. first: do you agree that with this "control" by a server mechanism Blizzard now had 400 million extra copyright revenue ?

Secondly: The argument that 12 M sold ONLY by name is losing ground, since 2 EXTRA million were sold long after the launching period. 2 million PC copies is NEVER reached these days in 6 months time by some other well known great games like Skyrim (they take their revenue mostly from consoles).

The extra hate this game gathered shows I am making a point here. PC games are dead by pirating acts of us all...

I don't think that because most games don't make 12 million, you can call PC games dead. They made their game more painful to play and it was to the detriment of the game itself. They ruin a good game for money. That is the state of large production companies. The only companies that need to make 10 mil plus in sales are the stupidly large ones. Piracy reduces the profits of the gaming giants (particularly when it forces them to screw up there game to try to fight it), if anything it helps the small companies. IMO large company overheads kill the computing world everywhere, not just games. Particularly in the world of indy games and smaller productions, people still buy games out of principal. So keep on pirating, keep gaming, and only buy what you think is worthy of buying, the world will sort itself out.

You have been throwing a tantrum all morning. Just let it go. D3 can't hold a candle up to D2 in terms of quality.

Deleted
    Because people NEVER pirate quality games right? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by veldrinal View Post
    I don't think that because most games don't make 12 million, you can call PC games dead. They made their game more painful to play and it was to the detriment of the game itself. They ruin a good game for money. That is the state of large production companies. The only companies that need to make 10 mil plus in sales are the stupidly large ones. Piracy reduces the profits of the gaming giants (particularly when it forces them to screw up there game to try to fight it), if anything it helps the small companies. IMO large company overheads kill the computing world everywhere, not just games. Particularly in the world of indy games and smaller productions, people still buy games out of principal. So keep on pirating, keep gaming, and only buy what you think is worthy of buying, the world will sort itself out.
    That's an odd statement/

Because these AAA companies have several thousands of co workers who need to feed their families too. They have investors that take risks to deliver the much needed resources and you have the honest player that wants to have support and updates after official purchase...

Besides, without these AAA titles you won't have much of an industry at all: where would all those young graduated developpers find a job ?

Nope it is shortsighted , but it is your opinion of course and it explains MUCH of the hate at the launch of Diablo 3 at so called Meatcritic comments: because of server controlled on line only mechanics.

Those comments (and hate scores of 1/10) - like yours - had very little to do with the game qualitiy since they were made minutes after launch...

Proving my previous points... TY for this helpful contribution.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-08 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    Because people NEVER pirate quality games right? Lol.
    Then it's usually because either they can't afford it, or TO THEM it isn't worth the money the publisher wants.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

"Online" not "on line"!!!! >.<

On topic, maaaaybe, just MAAAYBE you thread was closed because there was several similar threads open? So MAYBE you should post in one of those instead of making new ones all the time.... also, from what i know, it's not allowed to discuss moderator actions in threads. Correct me if i'm wrong tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

The extra hate this game gathered - concerning on line only - shows I am making a point here. PC games are dead by pirating acts of us all...

DRM is cancer. D3 rides the coat tails of its predecessor.

BenBos preaching about how awesome Blizzard is.

I can't be the only one thinking that he is a spy. A real spy. A real. Spy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    "Online" not "on line"!!!! >.<

On topic, maaaaybe, just MAAAYBE you thread was closed because there was several similar threads open? So MAYBE you should post in one of those instead of making new ones all the time.... also, from what i know, it's not allowed to discuss moderator actions in threads. Correct me if i'm wrong tho.
    The one I previously made had the exact same conclusions as this topic: the infuence of server only play and the evident fact of gigantic sales for a PC game.

Apparently the moderator just looked at the 12 million copies sold number and closed it without reading. Like he closed a previous one.

We all know this moderator already made odd remarks for a fan site, so I would like this thread to stay open because this copyright feature got a LOT of flak at D3 's launch start and now it shows interesting side effects for us all !

That's an odd statement/

Because these AAA companies have several thousands of co workers who need to feed their families too. They have investors that take risks to deliver the much needed resources and you have the honest player that wants to have support and updates after official purchase...

Besides, without these AAA titles you won't have much of an industry at all: where would all those young graduated developpers find a job ?

Nope it is shortsighted , but it is your opinion of course and it explains MUCH of the hate at the launch of Diablo 3 at so called Meatcritic comments: because of server controlled on line only mechanics.

Those comments - like yours - had very little to do with the game qualitiy since they were made minutes after launch...

Proving my previous points... TY for this helpful contribution.
    The awful server stability does have something to do with the game's quality, because it should've been avoided by not requiring servers for the singleplayer. Lagging around in singleplayer because of server overload isn't acceptable, which the South Korean government told Blizzard as well. The game itself had quite bad balance(on launch, at least), a very obvious(even to somebody who hasn't played the earlier Diablo games) and boring story, and the way RMAH/gear drops worked were very annoying.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    DRM is cancer. D3 rides the coat tails of its predecessor.
    On the contrary I think the pirating is the cancer and on line only is not the same as traditional DRM either.

On the contrary I think the pirating is the cancer and on line only is not the same as traditional DRM either.
    You are right. Online-only is worse than traditional DRM. And you don't solve piracy by punishing legitimate consumers. Pirates bypass the DRM anyway, so it only hurts the people who legitimately pay for it.

The one I previously made had the exact same conclusions as this topic: the infuence of server only play and the evident fact of gigantic sales for a PC game.

Apparently the moderator just looked at the 12 million copies sold number and closed it without reading. Like he closed a previous one.

We all know this moderator already made odd remarks for a fan site, so I would like this thread to stay open because this copyright feature got a LOT of flak at D3 's launch start and now it shows interesting side effects for us all !
    It might have sold more without bullshit DRM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU