Deleted

mantid and the old gods

so if i understand it right the mantid used to follow the old god as some sort of religion,

so my question is if old god is good for mantids...why is its corpse's remnant bad for them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say Y'shaarj was "good" for them, more like the Mantid acknowledged it's powers and worshipped it because of it. The Old Gods aren't particularly friendly to anyone since all they want is chaos. Which would explain the Sha not being friendly towards the Mantid. It's just there, going crazy against everything.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I wouldn't say Y'shaarj was "good" for them, more like the Mantid acknowledged it's powers and worshipped it because of it. The Old Gods aren't particularly friendly to anyone since all they want is chaos. Which would explain the Sha not being friendly towards the Mantid. It's just there, going crazy against everything.
    ah but i dont understand how they couldnt get corrupted before but now they can be? or was it that the old gods just left them alone so that they fight mogu?
    wow lore is just doing my head in now

Guessing the Sha don't share the mind of Y'shaarj and thus don't consider the Mantid allies, and guessing the Mantid don't consider these crazy fragments of emotion to be their former god.

And I'm guessing the Sha only managed to take over the Mantid now because of the Horde/Alliance presence on Pandaria. Our presence has awakened the Sha because of all our emotions and thus given them power to escape their shackles and such. Afterall, the greater Sha were all "banished" back in the day by a Pandaren emperor, whose name escapes me, and thus they've not been a major issue for 10000 years. Until our arrival of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Guessing the Sha don't share the mind of Y'shaarj and thus don't consider the Mantid allies, and guessing the Mantid don't consider these crazy fragments of emotion to be their former god.

And I'm guessing the Sha only managed to take over the Mantid now because of the Horde/Alliance presence on Pandaria. Our presence has awakened the Sha because of all our emotions and thus given them power to escape their shackles and such. Afterall, the greater Sha were all "banished" back in the day by a Pandaren emperor, whose name escapes me, and thus they've not been a major issue for 10000 years. Until our arrival of course.
    kinda makes sense. ill have to settle with this.

Deleted
    Works the same way the qiraji, silithid and nerubians. All worship an Old God and its powers and do its biddings. The Old Ones use these races as another way to spread chaos & suffering, only another means to the same end. Why should they kill their servants when using them is more efficient to reach their goals?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post

Pretty much this.

I don't think the Sha work as an entity right now. They seem more like a force of chaos than an organized faction.

It actually seems the Sha are not even aware of each other. Each manifestation appears to work on its own.