Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Wait..THIS actually ended up being the Racial's language?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA.
    This was pretty much my immediate reaction.

I knew this in beta, but I never knew it actually made it live. It's a funny joke, but the sad reality is that it probably comes from Blizzard not wanting to fiddle with any more languages, since it adds NOTHING to the actual game. I don't mind it, I dislike both Pandas and RPing, so I don't really care about it. And it matters even less since no one uses their racials languages anyways.

You can think of it this way, it's what it sounds like to us when they talk. (perhaps exaggerated racy example here but...) Like when people go ching ching chong for certain other lanaguages...that's all they hear! >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    It feels like when any other race is talking in there racial language, that the the devs put some thought into it, tauren, troll, draenei, forsaken, seemed like they made the effort. This however, when trying to rp with someone, its worse then having someone coming to troll your event, because its consider a legitimate language?
    Lets make this clear, it isn't about role play. It is about what you the player feels and dislikes and not what impacts your character. To your character Oom Nom Nom is the same as "Bin mog g'thazag cha". To your character you don't understand the language so it doesn't matter what you are "hearing" because it is all unintelligible gibberish.

Its never about role play when people use role play as a reason. Because it is always about how you the player feels rather then an actual reason for it to stop your character from role playing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I was quite surprised when it made it made it out of beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, is by far one of the most annoying things currently in wow for me.
    You say that because you didn't raid with me when I decide to macro a Vrykul Drinking Horn to all my attacks on my rogue.

ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!! ROOAAHH!!

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Yup, never used in game. Not too bothered about the nomnomnom language myself, even as an rper. Always seen the languages mainly there only to exclude people from your RP.

Smartassery aside, we don't have a transcript of the actual words or anything comparing them to in order to distinguish if its using a legitimate language or just bullcrap made up gibberish by Blizzard. Like they do with literally every other language. We're told what he's saying, but we don't even know what he's saying to check it against the list we were given at Blizzcon 2011, or in ways that we distinguish other language's phrases, which is through use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    To be fair, there's absolutely no way they can handwave or justify Alliance and Horde pandaren having a different language. Simply poking fun at the "situation" like this is preferable imo.
    if they can do it when warlocks use curse of tongues on something and it speaks the same demonic tongue on either faction, then they could have done it with pandaren.

....that's seriously the language? Oh god.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Shall we ignore a band playing music in a difficult dungeon in previous expacs!? this kind of this isnt new...

15+ Year Old Account
    I did not know this but lore wise doesn't the Panda people not really have a language of their own? I thought they lost theirs and the mogu made them use theirs?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    And it matters even less since no one uses their racials languages anyways.
    I used it once! One time I was in a group of four draenei and a really crappy non-draenei tank. We spent the whole dungeon talking behind his back in draenei.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's just a fucking language. Wanna know why you weren't aware of it? It's because it wasn't a big deal and still isn't. When was the last time you actually used your racial language?
    A bit angrily put for my taste but I agree. The reason you have not noticed this until now, is because it is so insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
    This whole thread just further proves that haters are going to hate, regardless of how foolish it makes them appear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know that either.... But I find it rather hilarious... lol

Deleted
    if they can do it when warlocks use curse of tongues on something and it speaks the same demonic tongue on either faction, then they could have done it with pandaren.
    Of course they ''could'' have. There's a reason that it isn't that way. I think attempting cross faction communication is even mentioned as a breach of the ToS? That is, attempting to do it in ways that aren't obviously designed to facilitate it, such as RealID.

Worgen is "Roar roar roar"

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I used it once! One time I was in a group of four draenei and a really crappy non-draenei tank. We spent the whole dungeon talking behind his back in draenei.
    Oh boy, the evil Draenei cult. You my sir belong amongst the Eredar.

how do pandaren understand the alliance and horde languages while they are on the floating isle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    I actually spent a fair amount of time on an RP server back in the day and I never ever saw anyone using languages. I guess Blizzard didn't see it as important enough to spend time writing up a new language for them that could have been spent on more pressing matters.
    Playing in Argent Dawn (EU) i see people using their character's native language all the time, even in Stormwind near the Cathedral we can usually find people taling in gnomish or the new "nom nom nom" nonsense..

I thought that what the other players around you saw when you used your racial speech is what your race heard? So this just means that every other race is racist towards Panderan. "What did he just say? I'll i heard was NOMNOMNOMNOM, damn bears."

Quote Originally Posted by Edds View Post
    how do pandaren understand the alliance and horde languages while they are on the floating isle?
    The language barrier doesn't count for lore purposes, it's merely there for in-game RP and blocking communication between Horde and Alliance, nothing else. Lore-wise everyone can understand everyone, while everyone can also speak their own racial language.