Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I do think that is kind of dumb to be honest. They should have just made their racial speech Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I do think that is kind of dumb to be honest. They should have just made their racial speech Chinese.
    And have people complain there is too much realism? Blizzard can't win either way.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I never noticed that, hah pretty cute actually.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Have you done the Dominance Offensive quests ? The Gilnean Captain always says : [Gilnean] E e e e e e E !
    I'd rather prefer the omnom stuff, gilnean is way worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Nothing new, Nom nom nom nom.

It is a bit offensive but I don't really care at this point it's a 'why bother'. Blizzard can do what they want. WOW will continue to hemorrhage subscriptions and players. But it's not because of silly things like this, it is the 35+ dailies, the meaningless grind, the sense that the story no longer matters. And of course the main reason people are leaving is the game has been out for greater than 8 years now, it's an old game and it feels old. I still love it but I am also totally bored with it. I am really looking forward to titan.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 02:49 PM ----------

Actually the racial languages are an algorithmic code. which filters letters and words into new letter and word lengths. each race has a different code structure but they always come out the same. the cool thing about the Panda code Nom Nom nom nom is they were able to make a code do the same thing with such a simple out put. Meaning it trans forms normal typing in to Nom Nom nom and back into normal typing.

Ohh! What about instead it would be " fa rarara rara ra ra"? <3 me some Christmas Story.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Isnt "you shall not rp" one of the 10 commandments? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what are they gonna do in China? Have the Pandarians speak English?

As an RPer shouldn't you be role playing that they are speaking anyways? When you walk around the office and hear someone speaking does a bubble pop out of there head with text as well?

Deleted
    as a panda main, i like it

Last edited by mmoc4e24d898ce; 2013-02-08 at 11:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Would you have prefer it to be CHIN CHONG BING BONG?
    Ding Dong!

Trassk get over it. Speeches aren't real anyway. Just some algorithm that spits out scrambled syllables.

When you walk around the office and hear someone speaking does a bubble pop out of there head with text as well?
    We need to implement that! Finally understanding one another perfectly in noisy environments!

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Pretty much this. Every single racial language is seen as random gibberish for those who can't understand it, having a race's language consist of repeating "nomnomnom" over and over again is far from immersion breaking if the other 10 racial languages never were either.
    "A'iah mani zhi nechi washte" is a lot less goofy and eye-roll worthy than "nomnomnomnomnomnom"

Edit; A lot of people have stated that MoP feels too Disney, too Kung Fu Panda, and just over-all childish. Then we see that subs have dropped. Omnomnm as a language only adds to the argument that MoP is a kiddie expac, and supports the decision of those who left over that view.
    Last edited by zenyatta; 2013-02-09 at 12:07 AM.

How? using google translate?
    Or hire lots of translators doing it real time?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenyatta View Post
    "A'iah mani zhi nechi washte" is a lot less goofy and eye-roll worthy than "nomnomnomnomnomnom"

Edit; A lot of people have stated that MoP feels too Disney, too Kung Fu Panda, and just over-all childish. Then we see that subs have dropped. Omnomnm as a language only adds to the argument that MoP is a kiddie expac, and supports the decision of those who left over that view.
    Since when is having fun kids only? There is nothing Disney or childish about nom nom nom. Humor doesn't make you a kid. MoP is hardly anymore childish then any other WoW game. Why only fault them now?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

So many angry people here going "This is unimportant". Totally irrelevant, not to mention highly subjective.

RPer here, and while I can admit that it doesn't bother me too much (mainly because I almost never see cross-faction speech nowadays), I still think it's inconsistent with the rest of the game. It's true that WoW has a lot of comedy in it, but everything has been approperiately incorporated into the lore one way or another. But keeping the Pandaren speech like this? It's something that belongs in beta, not in the finished product. It just strengthens the perspective of the Pandaren being one big joke, when it's been clearly stated that they're not.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems strange to me, but I could really care less.

Besides, if Blizzard instated some pseudo-chinese language, people would be harping them for being racist.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You can blame the people who perceive racism where it doesn't exist and overly sensitive people in modern societies, and so on for the language being what it is.

The pandaren language would be extremely close to chinese, and without actually directly translating your text to it accurately it would've had to be psuedo-chinese that just "looks" like it. The result would've offended countless overly sensitive people who just sit around all day waiting for something to complain about. So to avoid pandas offending people, or to have them speak a language that clearly doesn't resemble how they have ever pronounced anything in any of the numerous audio clips where they actually speak their native language, they had to do something ridiculous like this.

It reminds me of when Rosie O'donnel faked speaking one sentence in chinese as a joke on TV and had nation-wide protests and complaints about it the next day. People are stupid and ridiculous and it only gets worse every year. But that is why pandas speak in om nom noms, don't expect it to change.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you bring up this "issue" months after the release why? Why not during Beta?
    People did bring it up in Beta.

I also distinctly remember back then the responses by subsequent posters saying "It's still in Beta - they'll probably change it for release."

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    People did bring it up in Beta.

I also distinctly remember back then the responses by subsequent posters saying "It's still in Beta - they'll probably change it for release."
    I also remember people saying they like the language as is.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I also remember people saying they like the language as is.
    I don't blame them. Personally I find it amusing that is their racial language.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi