Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    Well said.
    Bro you don't even understand how difficult heroics are, I don't know how we'd finish if one DPS wasn't present.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I'm retri with 497 itemlevel. I like to do a random heroic and scenario every day to reach the weekly valor cap. I usually queue up alone. But every time I do these it feels like I am the one who carries the rest of the group. I am fully epic while most others are fresh level 90s with green gear and blue pvp gear. I do more far more dps than the other two and tank together. It's not only about the gear, for I see players not understanding how to play their own class. I know how to run the heroics and scenarios while the others often ask what we are meant to do.

Don't people with skills, knowledge and epics do random heroics and scenarios at all?
    For some people it might be their first heroic. Someone else said there is a huge disparity been epic and grn/blue DPS. Most people care about how they are playing. There might be a minority who don't care and want to be carried. Some people probably imbibed too many substances? There might be people who aren't as smart as you in random group and don't know about all the information like MMO and other various places, video's, ex....

Being all uber and epic you might be an inspiration to green/blue players to get better!

I am curious. Do you feel the same way about things in your real life?

Quote Originally Posted by Khat View Post
    For some people it might be their first heroic. Someone else said there is a huge disparity been epic and grn/blue DPS. Most people care about how they are playing. There might be a minority who don't care and want to be carried. Some people probably imbibed too many substances? There might be people who aren't as smart as you in random group and don't know about all the information like MMO and other various places, video's, ex....

Being all uber and epic you might be an inspiration to green/blue players to get better!

I am curious. Do you feel the same way about things in your real life?
    That feel when he puts out 120k TPS (reports) in the office.

Deleted
    Well, speaking as a Mage I can safely say that I am in no position to solo any Mists Heroics yet. So I don't feel like saying I "carry" others is fair, as I need them to finish the dungeon while they could care less about wether I'm there or not. Sure, having a good geared character in the group speeds things up a bit, but it's far from required to succeed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeekphreak View Post
    First World Problems...

Here is a crazy idea. Try to help. Offer non-judgmental suggestions.
    This. 1000x over.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by FunFarm View Post
    Well, speaking as a Mage I can safely say that I am in no position to solo any Mists Heroics yet. So I don't feel like saying I "carry" others is fair, as I need them to finish the dungeon while they could care less about wether I'm there or not. Sure, having a good geared character in the group speeds things up a bit, but it's far from required to succeed.
    If you can solo it without 4 other people it still doesn't mean you are carrying them. You're only carrying if them minus you = failure.

I'm glad for the chance to be a hero. I also don't bother with checking the meters so I enjoy the play rather than judging others.

15+ Year Old Account
    It feels like.. if you carry, then the rest of the randoms start doing less.

(even though I'm geared... doing 85% of the dmg in a 5man is just not right)

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    It feels like.. if you carry, then the rest of the randoms start doing less.

(even though I'm geared... doing 85% of the dmg in a 5man is just not right)
    Wait a minute. Are you seriously saying that if you do more damage than anyone you end up doing a higher % of the damage?
    sdmjklsjakfhf you've just broken math!

BTW, meter topping isn't "Carrying". When I was leveling my hunter through LFD as survival on AOE pulls I'd pull 70% of the damage in every group but that didn't mean I was "carrying" or that they "started doing less", it meant I was killing the mobs so fast that most people couldn't start any rotation or get casts off.

Constantly but I don't have any issue with performing better. What I am annoyed with if I recognize that those people are constantly (semi) afking. I really don't expect perfect play by any means but I think I am well within my rights to vote kick people who don't plan on at least pressing a button with a more regular frequency than once every say 5 seconds. Last time I queued for a scenario with a girl friend we ended up completing it alone because the other one in it was simply the whole freaking thing afk and just standing around or riding in circles and it wasn't an issue of not knowing what to do. Not even mentioning that of course he couldn't be removed.

Is afking in heroics an issue? Never seen it lol

Name of thread is quite misleading. You can't carry someone in place, which can be cleared by group of people in white/green gear.

Made me remember MoP heroics, when my alt didn't have high enough ilvl to queue for it. So friend and me just duo'd some of them to get ilvl for LFR.
    It was only when I entered them with my hunter alt that I realize how F*** massive the difference in DPS between blue/green stuff and full epic is.
    Indeed, scenarios are made for people with ilvl sub-440. There are more than 5 tiers of gear difference between such people and full epic people. It's bigger than difference between lv70 dungeon geared and sunwell-geared, it is about same difference as lv80 dungeon geared vs ICC geared. Difference is more than massive.

Deleted
    You have such a great personality OP... I'm sure you make it a hell for ppl that can't dps in the instance. As a tank I can do nothing more than cheese my dps numbers to help in the meters by mass pulling but I never had any problem, neither did I wonder if dungeon guy A or B did good or bad dps. Heck I don't even care about the healer, I can understand that they are undergeared. Besides, dungeons take 10-15 mins even with 30-45k dpsers. And as someone said, my raid geared main helps some others to gear up. When I log my alt some other raid geared main happens to be there to help me gear up too though. Sounds fair. Last but not least, gear goes a long way towards topping the meters, my warlock alt was doing 20-30k at start with 445 ilvl and at 485 ilvl now I do 90k dps on empress as destro.

I love people who blow the charts with 490+ gear and spam everyone with recount while protesting that everyone elses that is doing 30k dps compared to their 120k aoe dps on 15 targets is a "baddie". Oh wait, did I say "love"? I meant 'laugh at'.

But if its LFR they say, "Hey its just LFR." and they don't have to try, but Heroic dungeons? Hell naw! You better bring your inner elite or you gettin the boot brah!

They do them, but since the really good players are actually a really small minority, you need to be really lucky to have one of them in your group.
    Mostly, dungeon runs consist of casual players or twinks still gearing up for raids, and so they have like 430-470 gear, with a tendency to the lowest value.

On the other hand though, really good players tend to prefer really quick runs through them and you can't do quick runs with a 430 stranger doing 30k DPS or a tank who's still learning how to tank. Period. So what do good players do? Exactly: they run internally with their guild or friends.

When I do a guild run through a heroic 5man, it's insanely fast. We go 4 DPS (healer off-spec DD) and just blaze through it in record time. That's just not possible with a random group because chances are very high that people have low itemlevel, low skill and so on.

You have to remember that even raiders, even normal mode raiders, are actually just a small part of the WoW population.
    A colleague of mine plays WoW since Vanilla (I just recently found out about that), but he's extremely casual so he has never ever raided. He does 5mans with friends, and all the random stuff you can do without raiding or PvPing, that's all he does.

And players like that are probably the majority. So that's what you (mostly) can expect to get when doing 5mans. And of course twinks still levelling up.
    If you get a heroic raiding geared player, it's an exception. But yes, it's possible - when they want to cap valor right now but don't have an internal run at the ready, they might go random.

10+ Year Old Account
    In heroics, no. But in scenarios, often yes. I don't like to use the term "carry" though. Just because they're wearing greens or blues it doesn't mean they're not pulling their weight as much as they can. I like to reserve the term "carry" for people who merely stand there doing nothing or just auto attacking while the rest of the group does the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, when I played I was nearly always grouped with bad dps so it definitely felt like I was carrying them. Even when I was tanking I seem to do most of the damage.

Deleted
    YEAH when I que to randoms, whether its a bg or dungeon or whateva I EXPECT to only get ppl from DREAM Paragon when doing pve and at least 8 time r1 players ONLY when doing pvp. And all of them with BiS gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like many said it's not a carry since they would finish it without you, but I'm far more helpful on some toons than others.

When I'm on my frost DK (ilvl 478), I'm either topping the meter or very close to topping (often times beating people with higher ilvls, but then again frost dks are built for fast dungeons thanks to HB). I probably avg 80k throughout the dungeon, however on my boomkin with an ilvl of 460 I can barely scrape an avg of 35k throughout an entire dungeon, even my spriest with an ilvl of 455 I'm hard press to get much past 30k dps.

The problem is a bunch of things (gear, familiarity to the class, plus how much ramp up time a class needs), which I don't have an issue with what so ever but people that take recount as the sole justification others are good or not should learn to read in between the lines.

I pull 80k+ with 488 gear and I do heroic dungeons every day, I don't need the loot I need the valor as most days of the week I only get an hour and I want to be valor capped by Saturday so I can start with my alt getting double rewards. DPS qeue -> Tiller dailies + Heroic Dungeon + Scenario =145 valor +Friday Raid +LFR=Capped by Sat.