Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Like others said, when I'm on my main, I carry others, when I'm on my freshly dinged alts, someone else carries me. When I dinged and I'm in Greens/Blues, I don't even remotely have the hit cap, or good secondary stats or whatever. Don't forget that the stat values change drastically from 89 to 90. At level 89 I did like twice as much on my Aff Warlock than when I dinged, suddenly I had no haste, no hit, no nothing. As long as things die it's fine imo. I wouldn't worry so much about it.

Man in raid gear confused about doing more DPS than the people who are doing heroics for gear
    More at seven

Weren't heroics designed to be done by ilevel 432 as thats the gear you get from Dread Wastes? Theres a few pieces of 450 sprinked in there so 435? Isn't getting a big Ego in Heroic Dungeons kind of like a college team bragging that they are better than a team of JV highschool basketball players?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Like others said, when I'm on my main, I carry others, when I'm on my freshly dinged alts, someone else carries me. When I dinged and I'm in Greens/Blues, I don't even remotely have the hit cap, or good secondary stats or whatever. Don't forget that the stat values change drastically from 89 to 90. At level 89 I did like twice as much on my Aff Warlock than when I dinged, suddenly I had no haste, no hit, no nothing. As long as things die it's fine imo. I wouldn't worry so much about it.
    I don't think you have any idea what carrying is.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    On my 504 ilevel demo 'lock main, yeah... but that's to be expected.

I don't care if people aren't maximizing their class potential: everyone has to start somewhere. I do care if people are actively rude and/or just leeching: don't just start autoattacking and AFK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    On my 504 ilevel demo 'lock main, yeah... but that's to be expected.

I don't care if people aren't maximizing their class potential: everyone has to start somewhere. I do care if people are actively rude and/or just leeching: don't just start autoattacking and AFK.
    This is what I won't tolerate. I don't mind going in there and doing the work for others that still need gear or are learning. BUT only if I see them putting forth an effort.

The sad part is that the OP only cares about recount and his dps. To carry people, you have to do more. Interrupt. Dispel. Kite and CC. Worry about adds when others won't or don't know to. And this extends into LFR and Normal raids, as well.

The reality is, if you think you're carrying a group and that's based solely on dps ... someone else is probably actually carrying you.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

ilvl 505 ele shaman....ofc im carrying everyone, that spec is ultimate dungeon dps, 5 mobs 1 button 250k dps... 1 boss 1 cooldown 200-250k dps....

i don't care about the other dps since mine is so high the dungeon will be fast no matter what.

what i DO hate is tanks pulling a couple of mobs, i generally run ahead and pull everything onto them, so i can just aoe it down, if the tank doesn't use his faceroll aoe threat generators to grab aggro i'll just astral shift, capacitor and ancestral guidance healing everyone to full and clearing all the mobs. but yeh i prefer a tank to actually just keep those mobs coming cause it dont take me long to kill em.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2013-02-08 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    Is afking in heroics an issue? Never seen it lol
    Might be a regional issue but I don't know anyone who hasn't experienced it often enough.

Not always, but yeah usually. Simply because most of the time I outgear people though. Even when I do low level dungeons on alts I almost always outgear others with perfect heirlooms so yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just came back from a WoW-break and am in full blues with a few epics and no one carries me in dungeons/raids.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like you would get a kick out of showing off towards weaker people. My question is rather..why are you boasting about what you do with an ilv of 497 in content that is designed for ilv 450? Shouldn't you be in Hardmode raiding? Tell us how you carry your guild there towards beating heroic Sha of fear for example.
    he is there beacuse you dont reach the valor cap from raiding alone. Its blizzards way of ensureing that noobs will get carried by better geared and more skilled players.
    he isnt the only1, most riaders choose to boost ppl in either fiew lfr raids or dungeons, to get those extra 360vp needed to reach 1kcap.

i think the way we are forced back into undertuned content (yes it was undertuned the second you got the required ilvl to que) just to reach weekly valor cap is a terrible design by blizzard. It feels like we are being punished..

Meh im always pushing the tanks to go faster and out dpsing, the dps as disco. So you are not alone lol

If the DPS are pulling over 30k, the healer is healing and the tank is tanking then no, you're not carrying anyone. You're severely out-gearing content that is supposed to be casual, relaxed and a springboard for new level 90s. That doesn't make you a one man army.

I could tank heroics with ilevel 450 gear half of it being DPS (when I started tanking lol) with an ilevel 458 healer. I don't think anyone carries anyone in heroics unless some people are literally afk.

Deleted
    I hate people like you, Snorri.
    I stay away from elitists like you as much as humanly possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    So where did the OP go? I have a feeling this thread was intended to get a rise out of posters rather than being productive.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite often, I don't mind much. As long as the others make an effort, and don't just stand there auto attacking or whatever..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I usually do like 50% to 60% of the total DPS in a 5 man (more on scenarios), but I only play one character seriously, I only log on my warlock for the occasional RP event so I kinda feel like it's my obligation to be top dps in 5 mans and scenarios. Besides, I'm sure they could still finish the instance just fine without my overgeared character in there so it doesn't feel right to say I'm carrying them.

That being said, considering I always greet people when I start an instance and always finish with a "thank you for the run folks", I sometimes feel like my DPS could justify a "thank you too", but that's rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I carry people in a dungeon is when we can use mounts and someone gets on my mammoth or on my priest and I use leap of faith but with the cd it takes forever to carry them through the dungeon.