Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Is it always YOU who carry people in random dungeons and scenarios?

I'm retri with 497 itemlevel. I like to do a random heroic and scenario every day to reach the weekly valor cap. I usually queue up alone. But every time I do these it feels like I am the one who carries the rest of the group. I am fully epic while most others are fresh level 90s with green gear and blue pvp gear. I do more far more dps than the other two and tank together. It's not only about the gear, for I see players not understanding how to play their own class. I know how to run the heroics and scenarios while the others often ask what we are meant to do.

Don't people with skills, knowledge and epics do random heroics and scenarios at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of...well, conceited of you to think that people in greens or blues clearly know nothing. They could just be alts still gearing up. Not everyone who plays WoW gets it. It's hard to learn at times when people get upset over someone failing at a mechanic, and rather than explain they just vote-kick.

Plenty of people queue up that are perfectly well geared, and I rarely run into groups with players still in greens. From time to time, I do, and you know what? If you have some patience and explain things to them you make more of a difference than getting upset over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I'm retri with 497 itemlevel. I like to do a random heroic and scenario every day to reach the weekly valor cap. I usually queue up alone. But every time I do these it feels like I am the one who carries the rest of the group. I am fully epic while most others are fresh level 90s with green gear and blue pvp gear. I do more far more dps than the other two and tank together. It's not only about the gear, for I see players not understanding how to play their own class. I know how to run the heroics and scenarios while the others often ask what we are meant to do.
    Not everybody plays smart. Not everybody posts smart. That - Snorri - is the state of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always queue up with 1-4 guildies (usually 3), so yes.. We're always carrying the poor people stuck with us.

Considering that the difference between damage output is 20k on average from 460 to 480 ilvl, and closer to 30k from 460 to 490, why are you surprised you're outdpsing several of them in 440-450ilvl at 497?
    Output is gear dependent since just about every spec is faceroll easy to play these days. Standing in fire knows no ilvl; plenty of 490s will die in it thinking they should get all the heals while they stand in bad because of their ego

I do find that I carry a team sometimes but it's a bit different when you're tank (Blood DK).

Sometimes I feel like people lag behind and feel the need to stop after every pull. I do tend to become impatient when there isn't at least 1 good dps in the group because it just slows everything down so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If someone in 497 didn't far surpass people in 460-465ish I'd be pissed at them, not the others.
    And let's not forget that melee loves trash, no cast times
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Deleted
    Retri is overpowered in 5man dungeons anyway where most things die before their cooldowns run out. But any decent 480+ Frost Mage beats a 497 Retri.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm in there on my main, I'm carrying them, yes.
    When I'm in there with an alt, there usually is some raiding char in there carrying me.

Sounds fair to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are referring to bots here,sounds like em to me.

TEAM EFFORT - It's not about who does what, its about what you do as a team. So long as we get through the Scenario and everyones had fun I don't care who does what percentage. You forget OP that not everyone raids and will have decent gear, alot of people have just dinged and are using scenarios to gear up. Stop thinking of yourself as gods gift and understand that it's not all about you >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    I always carry the group on my shoulders.

...also I heal. :P

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Not everybody plays smart. Not everybody posts smart. That - Snorri - is the state of things.
    well played, OP does sound like one of those typical players that once they get that purple they think they're gods among men.
    Last edited by Paladin885; 2013-02-08 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, I'd rather get my alts geared through planting armors in my sunsong farm instead scenarios/heroics where guys like OP are waiting for only hc-geared raiders to queue, but what can you do?

Though it's true that able players (non-lobotomized ones) are much rarer than geared ones.

Your suspicion is true: your part of a minority. 9.6 Million WoW players, most of them are casuals.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post

Don't people with skills, knowledge and epics do random heroics and scenarios at all?
    Why would someone with skills do heroics?

The queue algorithm will put more geared players together with less geared players precisely in the hope that they will carry them. Working as intended. Blues said so.

When I'm tossed in with players trying to gear up, by default I out dps them with my hunter (~490 ilvl and 100k+ single target? Few, if any, gearing uppers are going to top that simply based on gear gap). But I'm not carrying them, it's a team effort. If they're doing poorly and ask for help, I'm more than happy to answer their questions, or direct them to a website where they can get help.

As for why I'm skilled and in the heroics - VP cap. I don't raid outside of LFR, because I choose not to. Set, scheduled, progressive raiding was what I did throughout BC and Wrath, and I didn't care for it. Also, ewdailies. But why wasn't really the subject.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When players said they wanted another option, they meant in addition to the tabard, not in replacement to it.

They wanted to hit exhalted faster, easier, and get onto the real game. LFR.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like you would get a kick out of showing off towards weaker people. My question is rather..why are you boasting about what you do with an ilv of 497 in content that is designed for ilv 450? Shouldn't you be in Hardmode raiding? Tell us how you carry your guild there towards beating heroic Sha of fear for example.
    He's still progressing on MsV heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Sounds like you would get a kick out of showing off towards weaker people. My question is rather..why are you boasting about what you do with an ilv of 497 in content that is designed for ilv 450?
    Well to be honest, I was scratching my head as well, when viewing recount of my dungeon runs, asking my self what these people are doing.
    It was only when I entered them with my hunter alt that I realize how F*** massive the difference in DPS between blue/green stuff and full epic is.
    The gap never has been this large.