Deleted

How to spend vp while waiting for 5.2

Hey guys, im gearing my alt (prote warrior) and was going through the whole daily-feast/vp farming stuff. It's fun and all, but i was wondering whether its wise/efficient to do so, since the poor char wont see more than a couple MV runs this month, after which mrs. 5.2 is going to be live, and that gear i can buy (at least the ilvl489 stuff) is going to be obsolete anyway. That being said, im sitting at 3000vps now, which is also the cap, and im trying to figure out where it's best spent, although i think im gonna buy some 496 gear and maybe a stamina trinket.

What do you think its best to do?

I'd say buy what's the biggest upgrade, just to improve your performance slightly for 5.2. Might aswell use the VP we have, otherwise it'll just become JP or gold.

Deleted
    Valor will be reseted so no point in saving it, as Wishblade mentioned buy whatever is the biggest upgrade for yourself.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    What I am doing is upgrading the items that I don't think that I will replace quickly such as trinkets and Sha-touched weapons (if you have them).

As the VP is going to be reset and exchanged down to JP there is no point saving it.

Deleted
    Sounds like its only marginally beneficial to farm reps and vps though. Wondering whether i should stop

Quote Originally Posted by Khaw View Post
    Sounds like its only marginally beneficial to farm reps and vps though. Wondering whether i should stop
    Rep farming and VP gear is actually much less important than people think they are. If you get into MSV and HOF, you will get better gear faster than you would using only valor.

Sure, you will need a bit of gear to get started... But people made such a fuss about the whole daily system, I don't think they realized it is possible to skip most of it.

Deleted
    Sure, yet my alt ilvl is about 473... Mv is a cake indeed, HoF not so sure!

Deleted
    Just aim to get 480 ilvl. So get the 496 ilvl epics etc, 480 seems to be the value you need to enter the new lfr so getting up to that before 5.2 would save you a bunch of time running "old" content when it's out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resania View Post
    Just aim to get 480 ilvl. So get the 496 ilvl epics etc, 480 seems to be the value you need to enter the new lfr so getting up to that before 5.2 would save you a bunch of time running "old" content when it's out.
    Sounds hawt although i read somewhere the req ilvl was going to be 483

1. Get max vp before patch
    2. buy belt+ring 1 day before patch
    3. wait for patch to hit
    4. sell vp items after logging in
    5. ???
    6. Profit!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    3. wait for patch to hit
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    I figure it would take a bit to get to honored/revered with the factions involved though, and even if you say is doable, you would get only a partial refund due to stuff actually costing less, like 50% and 25% less

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    3. wait for patch to hit
    5. ???
    6. Profit!
    this was already fixed in cata times, you are not able to refund items after a patch (maintenance?)

Deleted
    Yeh, just get 5.1 shieldwall valor epix, 496 ilvl and their price wont drop that much anyway in 5.2.

Quote Originally Posted by raqi View Post
    this was already fixed in cata times, you are not able to refund items after a patch (maintenance?)
    Correct: Item refund timers are removed during maintenance. You can no longer game the system.

OP: Buy any upgrades you can get. If you have any valor remaining when 5.2 is about to hit, use it to upgrade some of your better items before 5.2 hits.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    Thanks guys, i'll farm rep and valor for 496 items indeed and i'll go after boosting my ilvl rather than strictly performance. Also i think i'll give up on reaching exalted with golden lotus because sounds like i'll actually have vps to dump in the dominance offensive necklace. Thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I am going to upgrade my Sha-touched weapons and trinkets, because those are the least likely upgrades in 5.2

Now I just need to get a weapon-drop xD
    You can buy 522 trinkets at friendly rep with the new raid faction. Also keep in mind that trinkets tend to get the least amount of stats out of upgrading. I suggest looking at the list of new valor gear before putting valor into upgrade your trinkets.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    The same way you would spend it if 5.2 didn't hit i guess, upgrade stuff or buy the valor pieces availeable to you.

I'm currently waiting for some HoF/Terrace LFR drops to upgrade before the patch but i used up all my luck on another alt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    True, but if Valor is going to go away with 5.2...
    You really have to dump it somewhere and you can get 1 trinket.
    In my experience it's much easier to replace any item but weapons, shields and trinkets! They never seem to drop.
    All the same, you can expect to replace at least one of your trinkets with a Valor trinket within a couple weeks of the patch hitting, assuming that rep gain isn't overly prohibitive.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu