Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    Warcraft 1, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.
    Warcraft 2, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.
    Warcraft 3, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Victory.

WoW, Gathered my army, invaded their base, killed their dudes. Get Infracted.

I feel like at some point we may have lost the plot.
    WC 1-3 are RTSs. WoW is a mmo. See the difference?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    So you approve of an entire city being completely unusable by players because... of a bunch of opposite faction players wanting to sit their ass in there for prolongued periods claiming to have "taken" it?
    yes, I do approve. Role a PvE server, if it happens anyway go to another city, if they are there too go to Dalaran. If its something you absolutely have to be in that city to do, tough titties.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I think you should spend the next few moments you log onto WoW just looking at the scenery. Look how beautiful everything around you is! Then, compare this to some of the older graphics - I think the gorgeous quality of MoP is a "new" thing to me - especially as compared to the Icy, Deathy vibe from Wrath - although, I'm not sure exactly what the "vibe" feeling I got from Cataclysm was...Hmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, I do approve. Role a PvE server, if it happens anyway go to another city, if they are there too go to Dalaran. If its something you absolutely have to be in that city to do, tough titties.
    Fair enough. Do keep in mind though, that some things cannot be accessed in other towns. "Move" isn't always the solution, especially for low level players who can't fly or teleport freely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Fair enough. Do keep in mind though, that some things cannot be accessed in other towns. "Move" isn't always the solution, especially for low level players who can't fly or teleport freely.
    People on PvP servers should of known the risk, lowbee or not.

No legitimate non-exploitative player vs player action on any scale should ever be punished on a PvP server, ever.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-10 at 12:27 AM.

The only risk people on PvP servers know is you're going to be attacked while traveling. No where does it say you won't be able to go to a city.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong. I don't care about "ganking" or "camping" in PvP servers. It sucks, but it's allowed so I don't complain about that. What I'm talking about here is, disruption of gameplay for prolongued periods. That is crossing the mark, regardless of the server. Killing someone and camping them for 10 minutes is fine. Occupying a town for 10 minutes after murdering every single thing in there, fair game. But when you go hours disrupting other people's playing experience, that's where you cross the line and should get punished for it.

Your fun shouldn't come at the expense of other people's fun.
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The only risk people on PvP servers know is you're going to be attacked while traveling. No where does it say you won't be able to go to a city.
    No legitimate non-exploitative player vs player action on any scale should ever be punished on a PvP server, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Ever read mmorpg.com or any of the other general MMO boards? That's pretty much the prevailing attitude. "Current games are all rehased and lack innovation. They need to return to old mechanics that were in EQ/UO."
    You know thats interesting that you say that. I too believe that EQ would still have a crap ton of customers had it not been for the issue of a) the game has been out for so long that the graphics are like going from playing Final fantasy 7 when you clearly have gotten used to Crysis lol. b) the curve to gear up for actual raiding in it is so out of whack and difficult to attain now.

I do believe that the MMO world wants a return back to the EQ/UO golden age. It seems to be a reoccuring theme in a majority of MMO sites that I read from.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

So you approve of an entire city being completely unusable by players because... of a bunch of opposite faction players wanting to sit their ass in there for prolongued periods claiming to have "taken" it?

Decimating a city and wiping out the opposite faction is fun, I've done that in the past too. But really, sitting your ass in there and turning the place unusable for players of all levels who just want to use their free time to have fun crosses into the realm of griefing. I'm glad that "WoW is what it is today" if that's your definition of "fun".

Warcraft 1; RTS.
    Warcraft 2; RTS.
    Warcraft 3: RTS.

WoW: MMORPG.

Yeah, we really did.
    Its the principal of catering to whiners (the displaced people of SW) instead of catering to people who are doing something creative, adding a little unique flair to what has become a very bland world of warcraft.

In all honesty, no one really has a legit complaint about a city being taken over, another friendly city is always a few minutes away if they want to use the AH, bank or anything else.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Your fun shouldn't come at the expense of other people's fun.
    Yeah you're right, lets just sit in our cities and que for more of the same erryday.

...fun.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-10 at 12:39 AM.

That is true, but I would add to that that for me personally one of my single most enduring memories on WoW was when I made my first ever toon in Elwynn and wandered over to SW, to find a screen of massive lag and utter chaos. I attacked the guy with red over his head and was promptly killed, did a corpse run to return to what I thought was the most amazing thing ever. And just like that I was hooked on WoW.

Hrmm here I was thinking vanilla and TBC had world PvE encounters and wrath/cata was when they were removed.

Edit : Wiping out the city is all good, but sitting for hours in the one isnt fun or amusing for anyone. If they kept moving through all the cities sure (SW-> IF -> Darn -> Exo ) and came back and redid them would be all good as people could do their business in the few minutes of respawns.

If you want to take and hold a target pick a less mandatory town (Valiance keep in Borean tundra etc).
    Last edited by Dazu; 2013-02-10 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Why when someone says 'innovative additions to Wow' people immediately assume 'innovative' means 'ZOMG TOTALLY NEW THINGS NEVER SEEN BEFORE IN THE FACE OF THE EARTH, IN PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE, OMG THIS GUY IS TOTALLY AWESOME FOR CREATING SOMETHING THAT WASN'T EVER IMAGINED BEFORE, EVER!'?
    Of course, everything was once invented already. Or was it? I doubt anyone had the idea of implemeting radio back in 17th century. WoW actually invented things like LFD, which were entirely awesome. However, other games got some things better than WoW, which I pointed out in the last paragraph of my post, which you missed.
    Pet Battles ARE innovative. Why? WoW didn't had it before.
    WoW didn't gave grind? Or minigames? In that case, that "plants vs. zombies" quest in Hillsbrad should've been listed as a major innovation in WoW.
    Scenarios are inovative. Why? WoW didn't have 'dungeons' that didn't need the 'holy trinity' of groups.
    It had, and they were called "group quests". Back when those things still mattered. Also, there are entire games that shifted out of "holy trinity".
    CRZ are innovative. Why? WoW didn't have cross-server open areas before.
    But what did it change? Nothing.
    People need to STOP being so 'high-and-mighty', remove the proverbial stick out of their behinds, stop freaking out in 'holier-than-thou' rage when someone says 'innovative', and get THIS little thing through their heads: absolutely NO innovations (in WoW or anywhere else) will be 100% original. It will always be based in varying degrees on someone else's ideas. Get over it.
    The point is that it's Blizzard acting "high-and-mighty", because they refuse to learn from other games, keeping WoW with the same core problems it had in 2004. The problems have escalated since then, but the solutions have been ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah your right, lets just sit in our cities and que for more of the same erryday.

...fun.
    And who's telling you do that? You don't have to sit on your cities doing nothing.

You see, that's this kind of shit that makes me not take you seriously at all. Your claims basically come down to "if I can't do what *I* want and how *I* like, then there's nothing else to do!". You can do whatever you want while sitting on whatever queue you wanna sit. Why is your only choice disrupting other people's play? Do you really have nothing else to do that if you're not slaughtering an entire capital, the only alternative is sitting in your capital in a queue? Can you not see the huge hyperbole in replying with "let's just sit in our capitals in some queue"?

Whatever suits your argument, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Hrmm here I was thinking vanilla and TBC had world PvE encounters and wrath/cata was when they were removed.
    The opening of AQ was the most epic thing I have ever done in any video game ever.

A trail of skeletons and corpses that led from the portal to Cenarion hold, down through the Crater, all the way to Gadgetzan.

It was... glorious.

And who's telling you do that? You don't have to sit on your cities doing nothing.

You see, that's this kind of shit that makes me not take you seriously at all. Your claims basically come down to "if I can't do what *I* want and how *I* like, then there's nothing else to do!". You can do whatever you want while sitting on whatever queue you wanna sit. Why is your only choice disrupting other people's play? Do you really have nothing else to do that if you're not slaughtering an entire capital, the only alternative is sitting in your capital in a queue? Can you not see the huge hyperbole in replying with "let's just sit in our capitals in some queue"?

I think you answered your own question. What is there to do? The game has become so simplified and bland, that the other activities (pet battles, dailies, mind numbing LFR or LFD runs) are just so utterly uncompelling that that thought of something much more real and intense like taking over a city is that much more appealing.

Back around the end of cata we had a massive raid on Org with the allies trying to take down hellscream, the raid was so massive the lag was horrendous, all of Orgrimmar was inoperable for most of a day either due to the fighting or the lag, eventually it got so bad the server crashed (or was taken down, not sure which).

I didn't get anything I had planned done that day, but it was the most fun I had in wow since some of the epic world pvp battles of vanilla.

And even if I DID want out of it, i coulda just ran and hid in another city and qued for my dungeons in peace, but why would I pass up something that awesome?

Yeah, wouldn't want it all the time. But punish this behavior? why? its fun. Bold reminder that this game even HAS factions.

Earthen Ring is a PvE server. Just and FYI
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.