Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Must I bring up and quote every time you only refer to those two thins?
    If I were to instead say "all the over-simplified, shallow, cheap systems in the game" would you be more satisfied?

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I love these posts of "i don't like it so CHANGE IT ENTIRELY SO WHAT IF YOU LOSE EVERYONE ELSE I WANT TO PLAY IT MY WAY!" haha.

Admittedly, i don't care for a lot of the content introduced in MoP, but why would they EVER sacrafice 7,000,000x15 a month to please you and 3 of your friends? it makes no sense at all from a business standpoint.
    Don't worry, there are several million they will never lose because WoW is the golden calf to them. This isn't even taking into account the 'Friend A playing only because Friend B is playing who is only playing since Friend A is playing.' people stuck in an endless loop, or the unemployed playing only because it's a game they can sink hours upon hours into to further put off getting a real job, the parents playing to try to connect with their kids, etc, etc.

There are tons upon tons of people who basically won't quit WoW for practically any reason, you don't even have to look much further than this forum to find at least a good 50-100 people who have such morbid blind favoritism for WoW that it literally sickens me. When you get to the point that you can't even look at something objectively anymore because you are too busy glorifying and dick riding it... it's just shameful.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    If I were to instead say "all the over-simplified, shallow, cheap systems in the game" would you be more satisfied?
    i'd bet pet battle participation is as high as pvp participation. tough for u get over it.

Why are you doing dailys for pve gear and tokens if you want pvp. Que up a battleground champ. Or go fly into stormwind and hold yourself up in a house with your imagination and claim it for yourself. Noone is stopping you. Or maybe your pvp can be running around killing battle pets out of your sheer hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Give into your Anger
    - Sha of Anger 2012
    Feed me with your ANGER!

Let your rage consume you.

-sha of anger 2012

bahahahaah this OP :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Don't worry, there are several million they will never lose because WoW is the golden calf to them. This isn't even taking into account the 'Friend A playing only because Friend B is playing who is only playing since Friend A is playing.' people stuck in an endless loop, or the unemployed playing only because it's a game they can sink hours upon hours into to further put off getting a real job, the parents playing to try to connect with their kids, etc, etc.

There are tons upon tons of people who basically won't quit WoW for practically any reason, you don't even have to look much further than this forum to find at least a good 50-100 people who have such morbid blind favoritism for WoW that it literally sickens me. When you get to the point that you can't even look at something objectively anymore because you are too busy glorifying and dick riding it... it's just shameful.
    Or maybe the game is just fun?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Watch out, fun=fanboy. These people hate fun.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

These people hate fun.
    I'm actually starting to belive this is what 99% of the playerbase thinks.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out, fun=fanboy. These people hate fun.
    "They're having fun wrong ! If only they thought like me they wouldn't be having any fun, which is as it should be!"

10+ Year Old Account
    good lord I hope this thread dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    10:1 faction imbalance? Oh shit burst your imaginary version of WoW didn't I?
    Well, it should be even easier to fight back when the invading faction is outnumbered ten times over.

And show me the examples of 10:1 faction imbalanced servers. I'll tell you a secret: there's a technology that allows Blizzard to actually transfer characters from server to server (gasp!) and they even do that for free in case of faction imbalance.

I think OP is trollin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Really? REALLY?

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu
    15,163 (1/0.00)
    14,969 (0.02/1)
    14,659 (1/0.00)
    etc..
    The reason for the top servers being so extremely imbalanced is everyone switching over to the side that contains the guild responsible for that high rank, fanbois are in the thousands there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    So what if it would allienate all these fossil players who live to reminiscence about the "good ole days", as if it were 20 years ago, what if it would change the PVP and PVE formula from grinding gear to just plain ole fun? Lose 7 million players? So what, WoW did fine its first years with only 1-2 million.
    hmmmmmmm.......... someone doesn't understand the concept of business growth...
    It's first years Blizzard had:
    Extremely less amounts of employees..
    Extremely less amounts of hardware to run the game..
    Result: Extremely less overhead, and investment.

A decline of 70% of subs would be the end of WoW entirely. It would be the end of the entire WoW department at Blizzard.

I don't even bother to respond to the rest of that rather weird and full of wrong conclusions OP.

everyone does realize that it's possible for other MMOs to have good ideas but not be a OMG WOWKILLER, right?

wow is far from perfect and sorry pet battles aren't innovative, fresh, new and exciting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peachtree View Post
    everyone does realize that it's possible for other MMOs to have good ideas but not be a OMG WOWKILLER, right?

wow is far from perfect and sorry pet battles aren't innovative, fresh, new and exciting
    Speak for yourself, they are new and exciting for people who never heard more of pokemon apart from the name itself before, and most likely even for people who knew it.

When one person thinks everything ever put into the game is always fun it passes beyond just being a normal player. When someone starts defending clear problems with the game (some even admitted to by Blizzard themselves) it passes beyond just 'having fun'. When you can no longer make objective opinions about something you are far too involved with it, and that is the point many players are at. Cataclysm was considered a complete failure and still many people stayed because there are enough people so involved with the game that they are willing to look past glaring deficiencies and problems and stick it out for 2 years hoping Blizzard pulls their head out of their ass, but publicly defending them as though they are some sort of personal Jesus. It's like watching someone slam their hand in a door repeatedly while shouting 'This is fun and everyone should do this with me!' It saddens me more when I realize some of those people are so far gone that they actually do think it's fun just because that's what they've been told by the almighty Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    When one person thinks everything ever put into the game is always fun it passes beyond just being a normal player. When someone starts defending clear problems with the game (some even admitted to by Blizzard themselves) it passes beyond just 'having fun'. When you can no longer make objective opinions about something you are far too involved with it, and that is the point many players are at. Cataclysm was considered a complete failure and still many people stayed because there are enough people so involved with the game that they are willing to look past glaring deficiencies and problems and stick it out for 2 years hoping Blizzard pulls their head out of their ass, but publicly defending them as though they are some sort of personal Jesus. It's like watching someone slam their hand in a door repeatedly while shouting 'This is fun and everyone should do this with me!' It saddens me more when I realize some of those people are so far gone that they actually do think it's fun just because that's what they've been told by the almighty Blizzard.
    So to put it short, you claim people don't have their own opinions, and that their enjoyment and fun within the game is a lie fabricated by Blizzard/their obsession with the game. But irrational hatred and finding flaws where things are fine is completely normal. That's a cool way to make sure you're always right, aye?

Let's clear something up. You are not the authority in what's right, wrong, fun, or boring. None of us is, not even Blizzard. When you see someone defending "almighty" Blizzard, as you put it, it's not because the person will defend Blizzard regardless of what they do. It's not out of fanboyism or whatever you think it is. People didn't suddenly lose their ability to think by themselves just because they actually enjoy something. What we do though, is that we don't grab and pull out our hair over something we don't like in a game. We don't yell and shout to the forums how the game is going downhill or how the developer is clearly out of touch when we have problems with the game. We will mention things we're unhappy with when needed. But you cannot tell me, with a serious face, that threads like this one where the OP not only suggested asinine things, but also acted like a complete asshole towards anyone who called him on his bullshit, are what this game needs to move forward. If he had suggested anything decent, people might have listened to him and actually had a discussion. But most of the threads made complaining about X or Y feature or whatever are made by people like this OP who will not hesitate in lying, insulting and generally being dicks when opinions start clashing with his own. If you make a thread, on a WoW fan site, making a suggestion/pointing out something you perceive as a flaw, you damn better expect people who disagree with you and be ready to actually rationally defend your claims.

That, for the most part, doesn't happen. With the exception of a select few people who won't be named (but they're pretty obvious), most of those you think are "fanboys", are just people who are generally fine with the game. Not out of ignorance. Not out of blindness, and certainly not because "almighty" Blizzard told us, simply because we are actually having fun with the game, by our own accord, without anyone telling us what is fun or not. We don't ignore problems, we don't think the game is perfect in every area and in every feature they make. We just don't act like the sky is falling and like we'll die if they don't fix the things we have problems with. I don't think myself above anyone to claim that somehow my opinion is better than theirs and that they've somehow been "brainwashed" into liking this obviously horrible feature.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-10 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    <snip>
    Someone seems to have a lot of deep-seated anger towards people like me pointing out that there are fan boys out there who would defend Blizzard endorsing rape and mass murder just because it's Blizzard. You even admitted yourself it was true while vehemently defending yourself, which I find slightly entertaining.

So... wanna talk about it? Or do you have you gotten everything off your chest now? I brought up people sticking through cataclysm as a sign of idiotic loyalty because of the sheer amount of people I saw making threads or talking to me about how unfun it is playing the game, but they just kept their subscriptions up even if they barely played in the sheer hope that Blizzard would come down from up high and make everything better. It's pretty clear by now that they aren't going to try anything new and innovative with WoW. They are going to keep stealing ideas from others, twisting them just enough so they can't get sued, and hoping those ideas keep people occupied enough til the next stolen idea comes through the pipeline. I have no problems giving anyone or anything credit where it is due, but my respect for a once great company has just happened to go down the toilet because they stopped being innovative, they stopped communicating with their players in any meaningful fashion, and they still expect all the same loyalty and devotion they got back when they really did deserve it. My opinions on Blizzard currently are based off facts, not opinions. They are based off actions that if you think they are fun, respectful, or good, then you are either literally blinded by devotion or ridiculously masochistic. When you get served plain wheat toast and treat it like a 5-star meal just because of where it came from, you are doing it wrong. A good example of this in real life is Shark Fin Soup, Diesel Jeans, and Bottled Water. There will always be idiots buying these items at ridiculous mark-ups just because someone tells them it's somehow better than normal.

Ooh, how dare people get angry when you accuse them of defending rape and genocide!
    That's the problem with people like you: Someone defends something that you dislike, so you insult them with the word fanboy.

"OMG, people disagree with me! Let's insult them."
    That attitude will get you nowhere in life and on the internet it will get you infracted.

Maybe you should reread this line a hundred times:
    Perhaps you should actually re-read my post, or better yet, go back and comment on my initial reply to your incoherent babbling instead of attempting to cherry pick random sentences in an attempt to get me to rage at you or something. In other words, actually attempt to have an intellectual discussion or butt out and quit attempting to derail. Thanks.

Intellectual discussions are impossible with people that feel the need to insult and rage against anyone that disagrees with them.

You named a few things about WoW that you thought of to be 'innovative' and dismissed every other addition because you didn't like them.
    When I bring up LFR, it gets dismissed because it's "just some coding that helps with stuff" but at the same time no loading between zones is "big and innovative!". Or wait.. wasn't it you who called the combat system innovative because you didn't auto-attack for five minutes?

So no, I have better ways to waste my time.
    Except for the fact that I haven't insulted or raged at anyone in this thread, only had some directed back at me for stating facts. Innovation depends clearly on the time it was introduced as well as the audience. LFR was an extension of LFD and nothing more. I wouldn't call a system that automatically groups you with 25 people instead of 5 people all that huge. Going back further, LFD was an extention of the battleground queue that was in place in when? Oh right, Vanilla. LFD was the exact same system as the battleground queue with a filter added on for spec. I wouldn't exactly call that groundbreaking technology, unless you count adding in extra special cards with letters on it in a file cabinet currently innovative as well. My point is the same as it was at the beginning of this thread, that you and some other people are taking innovation in too small of a bubble to be taken seriously. By your bubble, adding butter to my toast is innovation because the butter is a new element added to the toast. To me, innovation is creating a new recipe, or at least a recipe that is new to the audience that will be partaking of it.

IF you really want me to go into further detail on everything I said was innovative in vanilla WoW and why it was innovative, I might humor you after I get done winning a chili contest tonight because of this wonderful word called 'innovation'. Bringing something never before seen to people makes them happy, if I use UNO cards as my normal playing cards, it is new, but it is also something everyone has seen before, throwing new paint on an idea and calling it new doesn't mean it is new. If it would make you happy I would gladly state that WoW refurbished some ideas fairly nicely into their game.