Thread: Infaction

Infaction

Hi There.

First off I'm not here to start the topic with 'OMG i hate you stupid mods you are bad and lyk why infract me'. That's not me.

I'd just like to make the suggestion that a quick PM or a warning about signature violations (especially for not very active members) would have been nicer then an infraction.

Just my 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sig infractions are very different than "regular" infractions. The points from them last only a month, and they can never ban you unless you get multiple (since bans happen at intervals of 5 points starting at 15, and sig infractions are only 4).

The point of a sig infraction is to make a dated, mod-visible note that we've told you about it, so that we know if if someone just made a mistake or is regularly breaking the rules intentionally.

We don't really have any other way to make this kind of note in the forum software, so we use the infraction system, but you'll never be looked down on or treated differently because of it. Many of the mods have even gotten sig infractions themselves in the past before becoming mods.