glyph of chaining with echo of the elements viable?

hey all, I raid with a 10man guild, we arent brilliant progression. Only 1/6 hc msv, 5/6 hof and 1/6 on toes. I was recently wondering if on a fairly, every1 is all over the place with constant small amounts of damage going to people, like on ambershaper everyone seems to be losing hp fairly constantly, if it would be viable to use glyph of chaining and echo of the elements and implement it into using chain heal on cooldown, riptide on cooldown, healing stream on cooldown and just putting healing waves / surges in between? I tried it my last raid night but I couldnt exactly compare it to how I would heal normally so I wasnt sure how viable it is. and since chain heal is hitting 4 people most casts, echo has a 24% chance of proccing and casting another chain heal which is all smart healing. Anyway I was just wondering if someone else who has tried it or knows something about it could let me know if it is worth using at all
    Thanks
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-02-08 at 08:19 PM.

RNG based mechanics are generally not good for healing.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    In 10-man Chain heal hasn't much use imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    RNG based mechanics are generally not good for healing.
    Yea i know, but being able to get a smart healing chain heal off which heals the lowest hp people around the room and have a chance for a second just seemed good to me at the moment of things xD, would it be viable with just glyph of chaining and not going with echo? since that would remove the rng part of it

In 10-man Chain heal hasn't much use imo
    I used to think that too, but chain heal doesnt exactly heal for a bad amount, the only reason why i used to use it is during stacked up aoe damage, with glyph of chaining its doubled the yards, making it actually heal people and usually bounce 4 times on a non stacked up moment
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2013-02-08 at 08:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    I used to think that too, but chain heal doesnt exactly heal for a bad amount, the only reason why i used to use it is during stacked up aoe damage, with glyph of chaining its doubled the yards, making it actually heal people and usually bounce 4 times on a non stacked up moment
    This is true but it is only so if it hits 3 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    Yea i know, but being able to get a smart healing chain heal off which heals the lowest hp people around the room and have a chance for a second just seemed good to me at the moment of things xD, would it be viable with just glyph of chaining and not going with echo? since that would remove the rng part of it
    Shamans don't really lack smart heals though.
    Ancestral Awakening is a really strong smart heal and Healing Stream is pretty sweet aswell.
    To some degree Earth Shield is also a smart heal, but only on a single target.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want