Alright ordering today after going through all the advice. Would like one more look.

I made a post here asking about my first personal build. Got some responses, and I think I'm ready to go.Let me know what you think.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CfPb

Notes: -Was going with the 3570 till they increased the price (last night) so it now costs the same as the 3570k. I feel like the $20 over the i5-3450 is justified.
    -Pretty set on the card
    -a deal popped up on the mobo today, so that it comes with an 8gb stick of ram. That's why I don't have any ram included in the build. Will I be missing anything not going with dual channel (I'm pretty much at my cap right now).

Anything else glaring or should I be good to go? With the places I'm buying from and the cost of shipping, the total bill is looking to be about $868.
    Thanks!

edit: This build is for gaming.
    Last edited by babykdog; 2013-02-08 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only other suggestion is maybe getting an Antec Neo Eco 620 psu, save $20, and get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 3rd party cooler. You've got an OC CPU and OC Board but stock cooler, which won't get you much past 3.8 without some heat/noise

Dual Channel is nice, but not worth the $40 you'd be spending on not-free ram (IMO). The difference is pretty negligible, and people usually go dual channel because its the same price (or less) than single channel of the same size

I actually believe I have a cooler master hyper 212 sitting around somewhere in my house, so I'll probably throw that in. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it! Glad to hear the dual channel isn't as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($259.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($66.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($18.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $850.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-08 15:51 EST-0500)

that would include the tweaks i'd make to it. (unless you plan to go CF/SLI in a near future i'd doubt you need the higher end psu)
    also $25 would upgrade the hdd to a WD 1Tb black. (since no ssd that is likely worthwhile)

I'm probably going to buy an ssd in a few months time once I get together a bit more cash. Until then I think the caviar blue will hold me off, since my current main computer (laptop) has an ssd. This rig is pretty much for gaming and nothing else at this point.

edit: I'm also going with the hx650 psu since it is modular, and after MIR and their current discount, the price would only be $69.99
    Last edited by babykdog; 2013-02-08 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babykdog View Post
    I'm probably going to buy an ssd in a few months time once I get together a bit more cash. Until then I think the caviar blue will hold me off, since my current main computer (laptop) has an ssd. This rig is pretty much for gaming and nothing else at this point.

edit: I'm also going with the hx650 psu since it is modular, and after MIR and their current discount, the price would only be $69.99
    well im not seeing that hx650 going for $69.99, care to link? (btw half modular is a worthwhile step up for cable management on a limited budget)

Sure thing, its right here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9012&Tpk=hx650 . Its $119, 99.99 after the $20MIR, and then an additional $30 off promo with the code EMCXVXR26. I may actually switch to a 620w modular from seasonic though, seeing as the 650w has some chirping issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babykdog View Post
    Sure thing, its right here. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9012&Tpk=hx650 . Its $119, 99.99 after the $20MIR, and then an additional $30 off promo with the code EMCXVXR26. I may actually switch to a 620w modular from seasonic though, seeing as the 650w has some chirping issues.
    and in regards to the GPU? (or dead set on red camp?)
    still 600W+ is more then enough but for that price it is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    and in regards to the GPU? (or dead set on red camp?)
    still 600W+ is more then enough but for that price it is worthwhile.
    Sorry I had to go out for a bit. Unfortunately I'm pretty set on the 7950, I've heard good things about it and feel I can't really go wrong getting one.