Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Some dude a couple of weeks ago stood his ground that he believed WoW would have shed 4 million people in the last quarter.
    Ah, so investors now make their decisions based on some dude. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Why do you think we lost all that money back in 2008 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Some dude a couple of weeks ago stood his ground that he believed WoW would have shed 4 million people in the last quarter.
    Oh lawdy.. the hate is intense.

Why are people so preoccupied with how others spend their gaming time? Why do people post about a game they supposedly no longer play? I'll never know..

COD is starting to decline, WOW is in decline, Starcraft is successful but not in the league of WOW or COD. Skylanders has the potential to the next Star Wars, Transformers, TMNT, Cabbage Patch, Power Rangers, Furby, etc.
    Being "in decline" is only a personal belief. An MMO with 9+ million subs, another cod that will sell like hotcakes, and an xac to the fastest selling rpg of all time(3 million the first month) shows no indicators of big decline. They are solid profit thats all. The solid profits plus the new things on the board coming in 2013 made the stock jump because when you look at the whole package it looks like a good investment for the year. I agree Skylanders is a big part of that but the rest isnt just trivial by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Being "in decline" is only a personal belief. An MMO with 9+ million subs, another cod that will sell like hotcakes, and an xac to the fastest selling rpg of all time(3 million the first month) shows no indicators of big decline. They are solid profit thats all. The solid profits plus the new things on the board coming in 2013 made the stock jump because when you look at the whole package it looks like a good investment for the year. I agree Skylanders is a big part of that but the rest isnt just trivial by any means.
    It is not a personal belief, the last COD saw a 14% decrease in sales compared to the previous game. WOW has less subscribers than it did last year and the year before that and it is likely at the end of this year to have even less.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Why do you think we lost all that money back in 2008 ?
    I would guess it is a toss up between living in a fantasy world and listening to some dude.

It is not a personal belief, the last COD saw a 14% decrease in sales compared to the previous game. WOW has less subscribers than it did last year and the year before that and it is likely at the end of this year to have even less.
    But the only thing that counts is the bottom line really and that says Blizzard is bringing in a steady stream of income through subs and other on line gaming. Just like COD. And that income (at least for Blizzard) was never higher EVER.

Investors look at the markets and at $$$ signs,

In the past 2012 year they looked too much at potential numbers (see Zynga) and forgot the bottom $$$ line. Subscription based games are a steady flow of income and Blizzard now has that subscription market uncontested (so they think). That matters. Not some 100 k more or less subs.

that's the backlash.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-09 at 01:51 AM.

Just for that one person who thinks the price today has anything to do with WOW.

This is the SeekingAlpha writeup concerning the ATVI earnings repot

Not only does it not mention wow subscribers, it doesn´t even mention WOW at all.

I love WOW, but thinking it has anything to do with the stock today is wrong

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1169...y?source=yahoo

Today ATVI stock jumped 11.19% after the earnings call of yesterday.

Macquarie upgraded the stock from Neutral to Outperform.

Investors were impressed with the overall revenue performance.

Anyone has stocks ?

Netflix was up 37% in one day, what's the big deal? ATVI has been languishing in the $11-$12 range for a long time. One day won't make a difference.

I would guess it is a toss up between living in a fantasy world and listening to some dude.
    Not true. Last year WOW had 9.1M subscribers, now it has 9.6M

But the only thing that counts is the bottom line really and that says Blizzard is bringing in a steady stream of income through subs and other on line gaming. Just like COD. And that income (at least for Blizzard) was never higher EVER.

Investors look at the markets and at $$$ signs,

In the past 2012 year they looked too much at potential numbers (see Zynga) and forgot the bottom $$$ line. Subscription based games are a steady flow of income and Blizzard now has that market uncontested (so they think). That matters. Not some 100 k more or less subs.

that's the backlash.
    You don't make sense. You say that the bottom line is the only thing that counts and then say that investors forgot to look at the bottom line. Only an idiot would look exclusively at the bottom line when investing their money, this goes to prove what they say about a fool and his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post

Last year WOW had 10.2 million subscribers which I'm sure you'll agree is more than it has now.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-09 at 01:55 AM.

I took a nap for 2 hours and you two are STILL at one another's throats?

Give it a rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

While the so called announced 2011 competition vanished to 0.000.000 subs...

You still think this had no impact ? Even http://mmodata.net/ is no longer updating its site ...

hey guys ... I need to turn to 2005 before I could find LESS competition in the sub based market than this year ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-09 at 01:58 AM.

You don't make sense. You say that the bottom line is the only thing that counts and then say that investors forgot to look at the bottom line. Only an idiot would look exclusively at the bottom line when investing their money, this goes to prove what they say about a fool and his money.

Last year WOW had 10.2 million subscribers which I'm sure you'll agree is more than it has now.
    Last year at this time, WOW had 9.1M subscribers. Anyone with any common sense would either look at year-over-year numbers, or at the very least compare point-in-time with expansions. WOW has always had ups and downs depending on the cycle within an expansion. It really calls out your bias that you can´t even begin to have a rational thought. Talking to you about anything related to WOW is like talking to someone about politics who watches Fox 10 hours a day.

WOW has 9.6M subscribers and earns a billion dollars a year.. any other MMO that you happen to think is even remotely close has well less than 1M subscribers, and almost all of them are free. AOC lost 50% of it´s subscribers in 3 months after launch, SWTOR was about the same. 50% loss a few months after launch... and you really think WOW is terrible because it lost 10% of it´s subscribers 6 months after an expansion launched?

Give it up dude, you will be on these forums for the next 4 years saying the same crap, and always talking about the impending doom and death of WOW. Cata was a bad expansion and cost the game some subs, but since the lowpoint of Cata, the game is UP by more subscribers ( .5M) than most games have total in players.

So really, tell us, what is your MMO?

Not saying that ATVI don't deserve that increase. In fact I do think both them and Ubisoft have the good prospects in the mid-term future. The problem is that investors look more and more like morons that believe in this PR BS of "future incoming revenues" from EVERYONE. Game developers only have to make up some fancy numbers, and they'll buy.

Namely EA that presented a business plan that have been cutting their profits for the last 2 years, and made up numbers, blaming "the market", and without ANY explanation saying they hope "the market" will magically change by itself. And with those changes in "the market", their business plan will make them the most rich corporation in gaming, overnight.

Although I stated my faith on Activision-Blizzard, because they REALLY have solid, modest, on the ground plans, I can't help but to think investors ran to ATVI because unicorns said they will be rich, just like with EA.

Deleted
    So we are getting 11.19% more content in WoW right?

Last year at this time, WOW had 9.1M subscribers. Anyone with any common sense would either look at year-over-year numbers, or at the very least compare point-in-time with expansions. WOW has always had ups and downs depending on the cycle within an expansion. It really calls out your bias that you can´t even begin to have a rational thought. Talking to you about anything related to WOW is like talking to someone about politics who watches Fox 10 hours a day.

WOW has 9.6M subscribers and earns a billion dollars a year.. any other MMO that you happen to think is even remotely close has well less than 1M subscribers, and almost all of them are free. AOC lost 50% of it´s subscribers in 3 months after launch, SWTOR was about the same. 50% loss a few months after launch... and you really think WOW is terrible because it lost 10% of it´s subscribers 6 months after an expansion launched?

Give it up dude, you will be on these forums for the next 4 years saying the same crap, and always talking about the impending doom and death of WOW. Cata was a bad expansion and cost the game some subs, but since the lowpoint of Cata, the game is UP by more subscribers ( .5M) than most games have total in players.

So really, tell us, what is your MMO?
    Q4 2011 saw a loss of 100k subscribers taking the total number of subscribers to 10.2 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...00k-in-Q4-2011

Why is it not rational to believe that WOW will continue to lose subscribers? Why do you think the performance of other games is important does it change the fact that WOW is losing subs? Where did I say that WOW is terrible? I like WOW, I play WOW and will continue to do so until I feel it is no longer worth the sub fee, am I not however blind to its and Blizzard's faults.

Q4 2011 saw a loss of 100k subscribers taking the total number of subscribers to 10.2 million.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...00k-in-Q4-2011

Why is it not rational to believe that WOW will continue to lose subscribers? Why do you think the performance of other games is important does it change the fact that WOW is losing subs? Where did I say that WOW is terrible? I like WOW, I play WOW and will continue to do so until I feel it is no longer worth the sub fee, am I not however blind to its and Blizzard's faults.
    If you enjoy it then why do you even care about sub numbers unless you are comming here just to argue for the sakes of arguing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Being "in decline" is only a personal belief.
    I don't know. The earnings and subs are lower than those immediately after Cataclysm.

earnings - subs

Cataclysm:
    544 million - 12 million before launch
    339 million - 11.4 million
    292 million - 11.1 million (is that correct?)
    274 million - 10.3 million (is that correct?)

Mist:
    345 million - 10 million
    277 million - 9.6 million

Since those are reported by Blizzard I don't know what is either personal or a takes some believe about this?

I suspect WoW is not exactly what the investors are looking at right now. At least not the first or second thing.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2013-02-09 at 03:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    I don't know. The earnings and subs are lower than those after Cataclysm.

earnings - subs

Cataclysm:

Mist:
    345 million - 10 million

Since those are reported by Blizzard I don't know what is either personal or a takes some believe about this?

I suspect WoW is not exactly what the investors are looking at right now. At least not the first or second thing.

interesting but let me clear up some figures here

Cataclysm:

Mist:
    345 million - 10 million PLUS

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Its not because of what blizzard has done.
    Its more about their new line in skylanders and the new COD.
    As evil as the monetization of Skylanders is from a "wanted to play new Spyro game, wtf is this toy shit making me spend all my money" perspective, you gotta hand it to the activison folks. That shit is motherfucking GOLD
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.