Thread: Vi jungle

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Vi jungle

If you havent done Vi jungle, you need to try it. Ganks are too stronk and her clear time is really good. Overall a really safe bet

Deleted
    Indeed, she clears the jungle like it's not even there and barely loses any health :P As for her ganks, if you can come in from the side or even better, from the back, Q, E, E will not only briefly cc someone, but knock off over half their hp ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolboost View Post
    If you havent done Vi jungle, you need to try it. Ganks are too stronk and her clear time is really good. Overall a really safe bet
    Thanks for promoting it, jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittany Sn0w View Post
    Thanks for promoting it, jerk
    Anyone with a brain realized a while ago how good it was anyway.

sorry hispter sn0w, not todaaaaaaaaay

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Anyone with a brain realized a while ago how good it was anyway.

sorry hispter sn0w, not todaaaaaaaaay
    Ofc they did, but I don't need the dummies playing it and failing, silly Jessica.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc they did, but I don't need the dummies playing it and failing, silly Jessica.
    Oh shit. The battle's on.

OT: yeah Vi jungle is really good.

just sharing! Many people havent realised

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolboost View Post
    just sharing! Many people havent realised
    THEN STOP MAKING THEM. I DEMAND YOU RENAME THlS THREAD TO "KARMA JUNGLE" AND PRETEND IT DIDNT HAPPEN

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Likely new FOTM. Keep your damn Vi and I'll keep carrying with Hecarim.

Yeah, Vi Jungle is pretty fun as well. Only issue I have is her item builds due to a ton of misinformation flying about.

But she really is scary when she dashes out of that jungle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Yeah, Vi Jungle is pretty fun as well. Only issue I have is her item builds due to a ton of misinformation flying about.

But she really is scary when she dashes out of that jungle.
    I still struggle to build her at times, I try to focus on some damage and as much health as possible... but I just don't know if I'm doing right. I know she's not tanky enough to be a full on tank, but where does the balance lie? Do I want to smash the squishes fast before I die, or try to be in there for longer and cause more disruption D:

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't like fresh meat to slaughter? It's like playing CoD or Halo on Christmas! Also, Vi's breasts aren't big enough and she's too much of a tomboy, don't even have her.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, Hyosung.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    snip
    she so sexy :P

yea ive been banning vi cause her ganking is just too good, oh did u mention her lvl6 gank is impossibru to evade :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    I still struggle to build her at times, I try to focus on some damage and as much health as possible... but I just don't know if I'm doing right. I know she's not tanky enough to be a full on tank, but where does the balance lie? Do I want to smash the squishes fast before I die, or try to be in there for longer and cause more disruption D:
    Machete + 5 Pots > Brutalizer > Boots > Spirit of the Elder Lizard > Warmogs.

Seems to be core currently. Obviously you can get boots before Brutalizer if you want the mobility. After Warmogs you can either go tanky (Sunfire/Frozen Mallet/Randuins) or can follow a more AD caster build (Bloodthirster/Trinity Force) Or, you can get 1 from both. Remember to upgrade Brutalizer to Black Cleaver. Boots are choice, but I prefer Mobility for mid-game presence. By late game, switch to your defensive boots of choice depending on the enemy team. However, as Vi, you don't really want it to get to late-late game.

Goddamnit Kurd. You know how to melt my defences.

Seems to be core currently. Obviously you can get boots before Brutalizer if you want the mobility. After Warmogs you can either go tanky (Sunfire/Frozen Mallet/Randuins) or can follow a more AD caster build (Bloodthirster/Trinity Force) Or, you can get 1 from both. Remember to upgrade Brutalizer to Black Cleaver. Boots are choice, but I prefer Mobility for mid-game presence. By late game, switch to your defensive boots of choice depending on the enemy team. However, as Vi, you don't really want it to get to late-late game.

Build Phage early, otherwise you will see most targets just walk out of range while lolling. Vi has no sticking power, so she needs an alternative. An early Phage is actually better than a brutalizer first.

I know people think it's not solid, but I completely ignore upgrading machete. So far it hasn't been fruitless. Machete + 5 pots -> Boots + Ruby Crystal -> Phage + Ruby Crystal -> Black Cleaver -> Warmogs or Frozen Mallet (depends on setup, feeling squishy or not, etc). Upgrade boots when you can.

After that it's sort of random.

One thing I don't get though, is people calling Vi squishy. She is really not.

THEN STOP MAKING THEM. I DEMAND YOU RENAME THlS THREAD TO "KARMA JUNGLE" AND PRETEND IT DIDNT HAPPEN
    Is Karma the new champ?
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Build Phage early, otherwise you will see most targets just walk out of range while lolling. Vi has no sticking power, so she needs an alternative. An early Phage is actually better than a brutalizer first.

I know people think it's not solid, but I completely ignore upgrading machete. So far it hasn't been fruitless. Machete + 5 pots -> Boots + Ruby Crystal -> Phage + Ruby Crystal -> Black Cleaver -> Warmogs or Frozen Mallet (depends on setup, feeling squishy or not, etc). Upgrade boots when you can.

After that it's sort of random.

One thing I don't get though, is people calling Vi squishy. She is really not.
    You dont need Phage. You have R + Q. If you're blowing them and they're escaping after using it, it's a L2P issue, nothing else. Phage is too much money, and if you're rushing it over Brutalizer, you're not going to have the CDR + Damage to excel early-mid game.

Elder Lizard is 10000x better than Phage

Deleted

Interesting, never thought of the lizard stone, was always going for golem stone and making zerker greaves with a phage as my core and brutalizer only if I was doing well enough to afford it.

You dont need Phage. You have R + Q. If you're blowing them and they're escaping after using it, it's a L2P issue, nothing else. Phage is too much money, and if you're rushing it over Brutalizer, you're not going to have the CDR + Damage to excel early-mid game.

Elder Lizard is 10000x better than Phage
    It's not about L2P. I don't understand why you even felt the need to bring it up. A pity you did, actually, because it kills any objective discussion that could be had. Let's ignore you said it, for the sake of this thread.

Let's make that twice better, because Vi benefits most from HP. Phage is 60% of the cost of an Elder Lizard, meaning you have about 1k (actually that's 700, I didn't count machete) left to spend on that Black Cleaver, and Black Cleaver is worth twice as much as Elder Lizard. While the CDR is nice, the hp/5 or mp/5 doesn't do anything for Vi. She hardly needs mana after her first Blue and the HP regen is a long term benefit, while stacking more HP is a double dip on any engage due to her shield and Vi stacks BC stacks very quickly.

I feel that your entire take on Vi is from a single target pure burst perspective. Will R + Q be enough on a single target, actually, yes, most of the time, but it doesn't help you chasing leftover targets. And you're not always in the position where you have several allies that can stop any runaways.

Vi benefits from all stats on Phage. Double from HP.
    Vi benefits from all stats on BC. Double from HP.
    Vi only benefits from 2 of 4 stats on Elder Lizard and it has no HP.

The way I play Vi, she can be focussed in the middle of an engage and still stand straight. The way you seem to play Vi (early) is a glass cannon build, which will work when focussing down a single target and you will rack up kills faster, but if you're caught in an ambush or just happen to walk into anything that's better at focussing down single targets (Xin comes to mind), you will wish you had that hp. My Vi also helps my teammates get kills or assists by slowing anything that ends up running away.

So all in all, agree to disagree I guess Just don't make silly comments about L2P. It's so..1998.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-02-09 at 11:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're forgetting something in the whole "will get away argument". You have teammates. Vi brings CC and insane damage. Any assistance from a teammate will force a flash (in which case Phage ain't helping you) or get you a kill (in which case Phage won't be helping you either).