Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm looking at it atm. It wasn't removed again

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    First off, what the hell are you talking about when you say Azeroth got darker nights? We made a popular thread a week ago that Blizzard said they took notice of, we had no news at all of a change made, especially so soon after the discussion took place.

You sound like someone who just heard a rumor and it passing it on in classic WOW fashion.

Secondly, the second Moon glitched out at the end of Vanilla and would get stuck on the horizon line, probably due to the way they created sunsets and sun rises with special lighting on the horizon. For weeks or months the moon would glitch out and get stuck there, often with blank tiles making squares in the sky around it. It was really ugly and ruined the landscape.

So Blizzard removed it with TBC's release as I recall.

it came back with MOP, but it follows it's own orbit. Sometimes the small moon will only be visible at day time while the other moon is visible at night time, sometimes their orbit makes them align, sometimes if you are lucky you see both moons aligned with the sun itself.

They all have their own orbit. That last time I saw both moons in the sky at one time while paying attention was 2 weeks ago. But sometimes they are 12 hours apart from each other, just like real life.

Nothing was removed, the orbit is just independent. And as far as I know, the sky WAS NOT made darker recently. Where the hell that came from I'd like to know.
    The nights did get darker due to dynamic lighting, but not realistically dark.

Also, the blue child shows up most often in the mornings I've found. It's not on the same schedule as the pale lady.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If you can't play during the day, you don't want to end up in pitch black darkness.
    Yes I want to. They could add a character option (off by default) to make nights stay bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    The problem with making nights significantly darker is that a lot of people ONLY play at night and would end up playing in the dark all the time.
    They don't have to use a real-time day/night cycle. See Warcraft 3 for reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    First off, what the hell are you talking about when you say Azeroth got darker nights? We made a popular thread a week ago that Blizzard said they took notice of, we had no news at all of a change made, especially so soon after the discussion took place.
    Patch 5.1.0a had this:

"Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms."

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/10/pa...l-patch-notes/
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Patch 5.1.0a had this:

"Night will now fall at the proper time on all realms."

http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/10/pa...l-patch-notes/
    That has to do with the normalized timing thing they did a few months ago. Night was falling at 12am on EST servers, for example. Now they should properly encounter nightfall at 9pm server time, not PST.

Nights are still daytime bright, however.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

What time does this actually happen. I have been on at 11p-12a server times and traveled many zones and still have yet to see darkness.

it always irked me when blue child wasnt there. Was happy to see it back and i do remember seeing it recently too.

I saw it earlier this morning, Moon Guard US, but right now I'm seeing two suns right now in Durotar, 4:10 pm EST. >.> But they're in such a angle you can't see them at the same time, right now anyways.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

titan death star is on its way
    When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all ... Futurama-Godfellas

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As for the nights, they are as bright as they are entirely on purpose. If you can't play during the day, you don't want to end up in pitch black darkness.
    Yeah, WoW does day/night differences well. Nighttime is noticeably darker, but still very light so it's easy to see. I remember that I ended up giving up on playing Fable 2 pretty quickly because the nighttime in that game was so dark that it was impossible to play during night, so half of the time playing was wasted on waiting for night to cycle back to day.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2013-02-09 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Yeah, WoW does day/night differences well. Nighttime is noticeably darker, but still very light so it's easy to see. I remember that I ended up giving up on playing Fable 3 pretty quickly because the nighttime in that game was so dark that it was impossible to play during night, so half of the time playing was wasted on waiting for night to cycle back to day.
    You might want to get your eyesight checked. I never once had an issue with playing Fable 3 while at night in-game. You either need to adjust the brightness/contrast of your screen/game or seriously go see an eye doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    You might want to get your eyesight checked. I never once had an issue with playing Fable 3 while at night in-game. You either need to adjust the brightness/contrast of your screen/game or seriously go see an eye doctor.
    I edited my post. I'm pretty sure it was Fable 2. And either way, it's not a TV issue if it goes from perfect in the day to pitch black at night. That's obviously far too big of a difference.

You want unplayable darkness, look at Lineage II. Had to turn my gamma up during the night cycle.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn