Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Huh, maybe Blizzard Store transmog items...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    A) an item from the black market Auction house. Blizzard has recently started adding cosmetic items for transmog. (Sun Lute, for example)
    my 85 warrior twink says hi with that "cosmetic transmog item."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That helm is TAILOR MADE for Frost Death knights.
    Frost mages too, but not as much.
    hey

That looks amazing, can't wait for more info on it.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Perhaps the appearance of your Helmet will change, based on your Class? This "Helm of Eternal Winter" seems very much Death Knight-ish (as another said, practically the spitting image of the Skeleton King from D3). As well, the Sun Crown seems to have a slightly more demonic look. My thinking is that when you use the Legendary Meta's, they'll change your Helmet to look totally unique to your Class (while probably being 'moggable). As such, I suspect we'll be seeing a number of other designs soon.

I find it interesting the call it a "Helm", though, when it is clearly a Crown. Either way, the thought of being able to wear this as a helm on my Death Knight, while also having his long-hair showing, just sounds almost too good to be true. I suppose it's possibly other Classes will use this, but I just have a feeling this will be Class-specific. I've been wrong before, though :P

the lich king anyone?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich Queen!

I can't believe this is on page 4 and no one has mentioned what the Sun Crown is really for.

Ji-Kun, boss in Throne of Thunder

Daedalian Wings: When an egg or hatchling from the lower nests located around Ji-Kun's roost is slain it leaves behind a feather for players to loot. This feather grants the player Daedalian Wings. Daedalian Wings grants the player an extra action button that allows players to take flight for 8 sec.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=134339#...other:0-1+15+2 <- Daedalian Wings gives a buff called Lesson of Icarus
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=140571 <- Lesson of Icarus , buff you get visually represented with a flame crown. Icon name "inv_helm_suncrown_d_01"

Most likely they are going to start selling gear on the Blizzard Store to make up for lost revenue from 400k subscribers gone.

Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Most likely they are going to start selling gear on the Blizzard Store to make up for lost revenue from 400k subscribers gone.
    This is a very ignorant and idiotic thing to think.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone think this is plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Well, that's a pretty beefy-looking "crown". As well, I'd wager that, even if every Class winds up having access to it, most people would look at that, and think "Death Knight".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    It sure as hell isn't made of cloth...

And beyond that one frost spell Shamans get, the only frosty class other than mages are Death Knights... and frankly, the whole "frozen crown with a ghostly skull with glowing blue eyes" fits Death Knights much better than it does frost mages.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-02-11 at 08:17 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I think they might be vanity transmog items from the Midsummer Fire Festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    We know what the Sun Crown is for but this just confuses me. Wahhhh?
    No, we don't know what the Sun Crown is for. We only have our speculations, unless there was a confirmation somewhere that I missed. Perhaps this and Sun Crown are part of something later on down the line. They do add things in several patches in advance if they get a chance to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No, we don't know what the Sun Crown is for. We only have our speculations, unless there was a confirmation somewhere that I missed. Perhaps this and Sun Crown are part of something later on down the line. They do add things in several patches in advance if they get a chance to.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=140571#.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

do we know for sure that the crown does that? i dont see why getting wings would give you fiery illidan horns

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 05:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    I think they might be vanity transmog items from the Midsummer Fire Festival.
    if they are i hope they actually let use transmog them. my bank is full of completely useless vanity gear from holidays. i also hope you can buy them instead of having them be ANOTHER super low drop rate from boss bags.

either way i dont care if this is a statless cloth helm im wearing it 24/7 on my dk stat loss be damned @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    do we know for sure that the crown does that? i dont see why getting wings would give you fiery illidan horns
    They could just be using the same icon.

if they are i hope they actually let use transmog them. my bank is full of completely useless vanity gear from holidays. i also hope you can buy them instead of having them be ANOTHER super low drop rate from boss bags.

either way i dont care if this is a statless cloth helm im wearing it 24/7 on my dk stat loss be damned @_@
    Indeed... I have no idea why blizzard puts in non-transmoggable holiday items. I mean, I kind of get some of the gag outfits, but other items (vestments of summer, the love is in air items, etc) should really be fair game.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Between this, the Thunder helm of Lei Shen, and the Sun Crown, I think it's safe to assume that every armor type is going to be getting a unique awesome helmet.

Lei Shen's two weapons are already on the drop list, so in terms of the three artifacts we had to gather, it's almost guaranteed that his helmet will drop. (plate?)

The Sun Crown was also previewed - not sure what context that is playing to, but it looks a bit like the Warlock horns, so I'm going to assume (cloth)

This one could probably fit as a mail item.

So all we're missing now is a possible leather helmet.

Same icon != It being the spell. There are plenty of things in game that use the same icon for other things in order to make it so they don't have to create millions of icons for everything.

As I said there no confirmation that Sun Crown is that spell or if it's an item or what it is.