Deleted

Click Topic - get directed to last post?

It's not often I read these forums but when I do I get annoyed by how they work.. Normally, at any other forum, when you click a topic you would get to read OP's post first and then the comments below. Which is the only logical way.

On MMOC on the other hand, when you click a topic you get directed to the freaking last comment made, before even reading what the original post was about.. WTF? It makes 0 sense. I dont even know what this guys post Iam now reading is referring to since I have not yet read the OP. So I have to do a few extra clicks to get to see what the post was about.

Can someone explain why they have it on this retarded way, there can not be any good reason behind it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you click. If you click the thread name, you get the first post. If you click the little blue circle next to the thread, you get the first new post you haven't seen. If you click the blue box next to the person's name, you go to the last post. If you hover your mouse over the little images, it will tell you where it will take you.

You only get directed to the last post if you click the icon behind the title, at least in my experience. Maybe your aim is off?

Deleted
    if u are at frontpage of mmoc and click one of the random 4-6 topics u can see there u will get directed to last post, or random post within a thread. 100% retarde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always get taken to the last post when I'm not signed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing here, when not signed in it always takes me to last post rather than first. But when signed it the problem does not persist.

My guess is a subtle way of MMO-C trying to get more users rather than just random viewers.

Also, Bomber what part of Ky are you from?
    Call me House.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you're signed in, you get taken to the first post you haven't seen -- if you haven't seen the thread, this is the first post of the thread.

If you're not signed in, you're directed to the post that caused it to be on the recent posts list, which is the last post of the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If you're signed in, you get taken to the first post you haven't seen -- if you haven't seen the thread, this is the first post of the thread.

If you're not signed in, you're directed to the post that caused it to be on the recent posts list, which is the last post of the thread.
    I'm curious as to why you would do it that way for people who are not signed in?

I figured when people click on a link from recent threads they want to see the original post, rather than what the last person who replied said.
    Call me House.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because we're listing the most recent posts, not the most recent threads with posts.

In any case, we assume that the relevant discussion people should be looking at and replying to is in the last few posts. If we always showed the first post, we might end up showing the beginning of a megathread when the topic has shifted, and it gets kind of messy when people are quoting something on the first page when the thread is very long.