Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Strongest 3's Comps 5.3

Me and my 2 partners have decided that we want to play PvP pretty seriously next patch and go for glad titles. In Previous season's we've always sorta just played what we want or done RBG's, leading to pretty shitty 3's comps or not top tier ones, at least. We've narrowed down the list of what's looking good in 5.2, with the following as characters we have:

Player 1 (Me): Paladin, Druid, Hunter, Monk
    Player 2: Lock, Paladin, Rogue
    Player 3: Priest, Mage, DK, Warrior, Shammy

Our top teams we have come up with are RMPally, RMResto Druid, KFC, Hunter/Rogue/(Disc/Rsham), or Spriest/Rogue/HPal. I'm curious what you all think will be the strongest comps, hopefully leaving class bias out(AMG NO WARLOCKS WILL SUUUUUCK). We are really trying to push it this next season, and we are trying to get away from doing double melee comps as they are a zergfest, and if it fails they just get out-CC'd and crushed. What are your guys' thoughts?

Edit: Yeah yeah, 5.2, you all know what I mean.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-02-09 at 01:40 AM.

Warrior hunter holy pally.

I wish you luck

5.3 is a pretty long time away consider 5.2 isnt out yet...

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alarasia View Post
    5.3 is a pretty long time away consider 5.2 isnt out yet...
    Oh you know what I mean, lol.

What specs of each class? If you post back I'll give my advice on possible comps to run and what looks best in 5.2.

Also, which spec/class is each person best at? It's much better to have a good Mage over a bad DK, even if DKs are more overpowered for x reason.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    What specs of each class? If you post back I'll give my advice on possible comps to run and what looks best in 5.2.

Also, which spec/class is each person best at? It's much better to have a good Mage over a bad DK, even if DKs are more overpowered for x reason.
    I have most experience on my pally and druid, Holy, Feral, Resto. Also have played a bit of Hunter so it won't be completely knew. Monk only 88.
    Player 2 has most experience with his Rogue, 2nd being pally.
    Player 3: A lot of experience with sham, 2nd being DK (he's rusty and worried about UH skill cap), 3rd probably warrior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mw monk lock and maybe the dk or warrior would not be bad, with a monk being able to help dps next patch you might be able to just burst people down.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I have most experience on my pally and druid, Holy, Feral, Resto. Also have played a bit of Hunter so it won't be completely knew. Monk only 88.
    Player 2 has most experience with his Rogue, 2nd being pally.
    Player 3: A lot of experience with sham, 2nd being DK (he's rusty and worried about UH skill cap), 3rd probably warrior.
    So,
    P1: Hpala > FDruid > RDruid > Hunter/Monk
    P2: Rogue > Pala > Lock
    P3: Shaman > DK > Warrior > Mage/Priest.

Unfortunately, there isn't many at all there. You could try thugcleave with you on Hunter, p2 on rogue and p3 on resto shaman. Gonna have a really strong opener in 5.2 if powershot gets fixed. The only worry might be vs warrior teams who can stop your opener (zerker the sap and charge hunter on his powershot), although there is ways to stop it.

You could also try Ebolacleave, you on Feral, p2 on Hpala and p3 on DK. Unholy will be better for this comp and Feral is eating some pretty hefty CC nerfs so I don't know if this will be as strong as it has been for Cata. The damage is good though.

Thirdly, you could try shadowcleave. That's you on Rdruid or Hpala, p2 on Lock and p3 on DK. This might be very strong, but if your partners aren't confident on lock and DK I wouldn't bother trying. It's a pretty skill-heavy comp.

There is also Talbadarcleave you could try (You on Rdruid, p2 on Rogue, p3 on Spriest). Could also try you on WWMonk, p2 on Hpala and p3 on DK, a pretty hefty cleave comp with a lot of sustained damage. It's honestly up to which ones you feel most comfortable on, none of these comps are hugely better than the other so i'd run whichever one has the classes you're all best at.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think KFC will be just as insane as it is now? We're trying to come up with the comp now so we can practice those specs, and we all have pretty huge amounts of experience with WoW in general (6+ years each) so we are pretty confident we can learn classes. I keep hearing that KFC will still be ridiculous, but I also hear that Thugcleave will just be flat out better. I'm currently playing Feral and Hpal, but we are pretty worried about Feral's CC hitting the shitter with the Cyclone nerfs.

Do you guys think KFC will be just as insane as it is now? We're trying to come up with the comp now so we can practice those specs, and we all have pretty huge amounts of experience with WoW in general (6+ years each) so we are pretty confident we can learn classes. I keep hearing that KFC will still be ridiculous, but I also hear that Thugcleave will just be flat out better. I'm currently playing Feral and Hpal, but we are pretty worried about Feral's CC hitting the shitter with the Cyclone nerfs.
    Feral CC won't change a huge amount. It's Ferals survivability and peels that get hit with the Cyclone change. Ferals would very rarely clone a healer more than once every 20s in 3s. Once clone was on DR, it would be better to clone a DPS to stop peels/offhealing/damage. Feral will still be pretty good, just maybe not as strong as it is currently. (They also got a 10% nerf to burst during 1shot macro with NV nerf). There is probably some other changes but i've forgotten.

Warriors are getting nerfed and Hunters are getting buffed. KFC will still be viable but with second wind and shockwave nerf, Warrior survivability and peels is dropping a fair amount, meaning they are probably on par with Rogue. Rogue has the stronger opener and more CC, but Warrior has more survivability.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that's what I meant. It was nice being able to Cyclone spam a warrior during his CD's, or swap between the two other targets, I'm pretty sure those are the 2 biggest changes. Do you think Thugcleave is then better off than KFC? What about KFC with a UH DK instead of warrior? Everything I hear about them in 5.2 says they are pretty damn tanky with good sustained.

Rogue/Spriest/Shaman or Rogue/Monk/Shaman

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Rogue/Spriest/Shaman or Rogue/Monk/Shaman
    We can't do Rogue/Spriest/Sham. The guy with Priest and Sham is same dude.
    Is Rogue/Monk/Sham going to work well? Don't the monk and Rogue DR clash?

Yeah, that's what I meant. It was nice being able to Cyclone spam a warrior during his CD's, or swap between the two other targets, I'm pretty sure those are the 2 biggest changes. Do you think Thugcleave is then better off than KFC? What about KFC with a UH DK instead of warrior? Everything I hear about them in 5.2 says they are pretty damn tanky with good sustained.
    I imagine Thug will be better at higher ratings, but KFC will still be good sub-2.2 because of people not being able to react to 1shot macros.

KFC with a DK is PHDK. It's a good comp but is pretty hard to play and is pretty hard to play well. It's one of few comps i've never played myself so I can't give much insight into it

10+ Year Old Account
    personally imo ; shadowcleave or MLS.

i dont see KFC being better that thugC at any rating next patch tbh..PHDK will def. be a really annoying thing too.. just atm on the PTR most of the hunter comps we're seeing when we play are thug's, cloak and dagger.. dumbest thing ever - crazy in the hands of good rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Warriors are getting nerfed and Hunters are getting buffed. KFC will still be viable but with second wind and shockwave nerf, Warrior survivability and peels is dropping a fair amount, meaning they are probably on par with Rogue. Rogue has the stronger opener and more CC, but Warrior has more survivability.
    The second wind healing nerf is reverted, only the rage gained is slightly nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    personally imo ; shadowcleave or MLS.

i dont see KFC being better that thugC at any rating next patch tbh..PHDK will def. be a really annoying thing too.. just atm on the PTR most of the hunter comps we're seeing when we play are thug's, cloak and dagger.. dumbest thing ever - crazy in the hands of good rogues.
    Shadowcleave and MLS may be decent comps, they won't be top tier. Affliction just wont cut it, the season is too meleeheavy.

As for cloak and dagger, I still doubt that many rogues will use it. While it's very good combined with shadowdance, shadowstep gives so much utility that I don't see rogues giving it up.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then I am probably looking at doing Thugcleave next patch. Seems like both Hunters and Rogues will have strong CC, damage, and peels without doubling up on melee. Does Powershot do its knockback on stunned targets during the opener? Seems counter-productive if it does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    The second wind healing nerf is reverted, only the rage gained is slightly nerfed.

Shadowcleave and MLS may be decent comps, they won't be top tier. Affliction just wont cut it, the season is too meleeheavy.

As for cloak and dagger, I still doubt that many rogues will use it. While it's very good combined with shadowdance, shadowstep gives so much utility that I don't see rogues giving it up.
    Second Wind not working while stunned is still in the PTR builds. So not only the rage gain is nerfed.

I think warriors will be gone from the PvP scene in 5.2. Warriors and feral druids will be replaced by death knights and rogues. I think Shadowcleave, thug cleave, Phdk, RMP, RLS and RPS will be the new t1 comps. Godcomp might be good too but with the rogue buffs I think it will become way less common due to mind numbing shutting down casters. Resto shamans will still probably be the best healers, followed closely by hpally/disc/rdruid. Not sure how monks are because nobody is playing them on the ptr. Windwalker monks will actually be pretty good too
    Last edited by Thasta; 2013-02-09 at 11:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Second Wind not working while stunned is still in the PTR builds. So not only the rage gain is nerfed.
    The latest official patch notes disagree with you.
    http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/8226552