Deleted

BM hunters & CDs

Hey, question for bm hunter, wanna know which cds do you try to scale? do you delay BW to stack it with RF? do you have ur pet damage ability on auto-use? If ur ICD trinket is up in 5sec, do u delay BW?

Thank for your answer, i'm asking it coz i just saw a Rogerbrown vid and he is not realy waiting at all...

For PvE, generally not delaying at all (or minimally delaying) is the best course of action. I'll sometimes delay BW for 10 seconds or so if A Murder of Crows is almost up, or I'll delay Kill Command for a few seconds until Bestial Wrath is up, and similar things, but I'll never make any substantial delays. It's vastly easier to manage, and should produce better results in almost every case than making substantial delays.

The big exceptions are your really long cooldowns (Stampede/Readiness). Blowing them once at the start is a good idea, but you can wait significantly past the five minute mark on any fight that's ten minutes or shorter (which is most of them), such as to wait until a burn phase or for Time Warp or similar.

If BW is up in less than 3s and KC comes off CD, I'll save KC for BW. Otherwise, with 4pc, everything lines up inside BW anyways, including your AMoC-Readiness-AMoC, as you're running 32s of BW and can get the 2nd one in just under the wire.

Deleted
    Ok ! thanks ! and do you micro rabid or just have it auto-cast?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    If BW is up in less than 3s and KC comes off CD, I'll save KC for BW. Otherwise, with 4pc, everything lines up inside BW anyways, including your AMoC-Readiness-AMoC, as you're running 32s of BW and can get the 2nd one in just under the wire.
    AMoC updates dynamically so you're best off saving your 2nd AmoC for your 3rd BW/next trinket procs (assuming Readiness after first BW).

Deleted
    Do you stack RF with BW? why?

Edit: and for stamped, do you have all your other pet with autocast rabid?
    Last edited by mmoca430de6a64; 2013-02-09 at 01:43 PM.

10% more damage while RF is up would make whatever you're doing better, so yes.

And yeah make sure your whole stable has everything except growl on auto cast.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

Deleted
    Generally you want to line up rabid with Bestial Wrath. Also using RF during Bestial Wrath often gets you focus capped, which for obvious reasons is not ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalicqt View Post
    Hey, question for bm hunter, wanna know which cds do you try to scale? do you delay BW to stack it with RF? do you have ur pet damage ability on auto-use? If ur ICD trinket is up in 5sec, do u delay BW?

Thank for your answer, i'm asking it coz i just saw a Rogerbrown vid and he is not realy waiting at all...
    Blow all the shit in the start, readiness, then repeat. Saving for specific fights and BL phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Blow all the shit in the start, readiness, then repeat. Saving for specific fights and BL phase.
    That's a very simplistic way of looking at it and based on the fact that OP was asking this question to begin with he probably isn't working on any serious heroic progression so just popping all CDs as they come up is better than not using them at all. If you are looking to min-max anything possible to do the absolute best performance possible there is far more information that could possibly be told in 1 forum post.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    10% more damage while RF is up would make whatever you're doing better, so yes.

And yeah make sure your whole stable has everything except growl on auto cast.
    turn dash off auto cast, waste of 30 focus if it goes off for whatever reason.

Deleted
    I see many of rogerbrown's video, and he is never stacking RF with BW (even with second BW at engage), I was stacking them but now I am realy confused

To answer you, glurp, I am on heroic progression and I know that with my actual ilvl, I don't get all the potentiel dps I should do.. so I'm asking myself a lot of question.. but can't realy find a good explanation

Well if you think about it the only benefit you get from RF during BW is faster auto shots. That's nice but the majority of the benefit of RF comes from faster cobras and therefore more focus. You should use RF when your focus is low and not during BW.

Quote Originally Posted by Neazy View Post
    Well if you think about it the only benefit you get from RF during BW is faster auto shots.
    Pet focus regen (and your own focus regen) is also affected by Rapid Fire. Your first Rapid Fire should always be with BW (so you can Readiness ASAP) and the second one just after your second BW finishes, though you might be better off doing second Rapid Fire with second BW if you have T14-4pc. Not absolutely sure on that bit, since I don't actually have the 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Pet focus regen (and your own focus regen) is also affected by Rapid Fire. Your first Rapid Fire should always be with BW (so you can Readiness ASAP) and the second one just after your second BW finishes, though you might be better off doing second Rapid Fire with second BW if you have T14-4pc. Not absolutely sure on that bit, since I don't actually have the 4pc.
    The focus regen you get from 40% haste is 1.6 focus per second, which comes out to 24 focus over the course of the entire rapid fire. That's barely more than an arcane shot so it's not even worth mentioning.

If it's a medium length fight you're better off never stacking BW and Rapid Fire. If the fight is going to end around 6 minutes, yeah, use your first (and maybe second) RF with BW so you can get a third one off at the end of the fight. Getting 3 uses is always better than 2, but if it's not going to make a difference either way, get the most out of each use and don't stack the 2.

Edit: Actually, the extra focus regen from Rapid Fire comes out to 1.6 focus per second, not 1.2 like I first posted. Still, that's an almost negligible bonus from Rapid Fire and you're much better off using it separate from TBW assuming you're using it as many times as possible in a fight.
    Last edited by Neazy; 2013-02-09 at 09:06 PM.

Deleted
    Macro all the way

Deleted
    You only stack RF and BW in the opener right before Readiness, after that dont do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revrev View Post
    You only stack RF and BW in the opener right before Readiness, after that dont do it.
    Unless your trinkets/scope happen to line up with that BW and you have RF ready.