Page 10 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dadori View Post
    pardon me but isnt the trinket the only item that drop of Elagon for hunters . so coin loot must be trinket what so ever unless u mean that u saw 2 drops of 10 attempts on both leishi + elagon
    i have the lei shi heroic trink... but did use the coin every time on elegom and stil got shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i have the lei shi heroic trink... but did use the coin every time on elegom and stil got shafted.
    I used a coin on Elegon heroic few times for the mount but I got 2 trinkets
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I used a coin on Elegon heroic few times for the mount but I got 2 trinkets
    lol that's some good/bad luck you have there. Sort of like mine and how I have 2 taoren's because I wanted my lei shi trinket. I'm glad I have the mount andtrinket though so I don't need to use a coin on that fight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    From my calculations, it'll be
    Normal : Renataki + Shado-Pan
    Heroic : Renataki + Bad Juju=Bloodlust for BM/MM, Renataki + Shado-Pan=Bad Juju=Bloodlust for SV.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    From my calculations, it'll be
    Normal : Renataki + Shado-Pan
    Heroic : Renataki + Bad Juju=Bloodlust for BM/MM, Renataki + Shado-Pan=Bad Juju=Bloodlust for SV.
    Renataki's isn't looking that great. Its average agility is lower than the H Bottle 2/2 and the stacking mechanic isn't that good for us. Bad juju gives almost the same, but it can overwrite itself making it undesirable and unreliable as I see it. The top contenders imo are Shado pan, H bottle 2/2, H talisman of bloodlust.

Really wish I had gotten my H trinket from Elegon, kind of annoying that you can't upgrade anymore because now even if I did go back and get it it can't be that amazing anymore until they bring upgrades back. Guess I'll be using the new VP trinket and upgraded relic for a while then.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    RealPPM Functionality Changes
    We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs.

Your calculations for all your trinkets are overvalued now Thiron. Focus fire, MMM, etc. no longer scale with the proc. So with that in mind, I'd go with my previous post.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Renataki has two variables that I don't know since can't test it. If both are positive, it will be very good (add 10% agi). So I assume middle level.
    If not, you're right, H Bottle does look better - for SV.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    RealPPM Functionality Changes
    We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs.
    Your calculations for all your trinkets are overvalued now Thiron. Focus fire, MMM, etc. no longer scale with the proc. So with that in mind, I'd go with my previous post.
    Ouch. Ouch ouch. It makes no sense, they were already not that strong...Your point seems to be totally correct now, unless they change PPM rates also.
    Last edited by Thiron; 2013-03-04 at 08:53 PM.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    Renataki has two variables that I don't know since can't test it. If both are positive, it will be very good (add 10% agi). So I assume middle level.
    If not, you're right, H Bottle does look better - for SV.

EDIT:

Ouch. Ouch ouch. It makes no sense, they were already not that strong...
    My calculations were valuing them under the H bottle before this so I'm not sure where the discrepancy was at, but this should just solidify that the shado pan trinket AND possibly the H bottle 2/2 are bis even for H. Not sure about the talisman though. It might make it more valuable since it gives a rating, who knows?

so for Normals, will be Shadopan and Talisman of bloodlust?

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    so for Normals, will be Shadopan and Talisman of bloodlust?
    Unless if you don't have the H Bottle or H TiTM, it will most likely be relic of xuen + the shado pan trinket. Other than that H bottle + the shado pan trinket are seeming like our best trinkets.

I still don't understand how they could let a friendly rep trinket be so good. I feel either 1) we don't understand something about the RPPM system and are undervaluing trinkets which use that proc through incorrect modeling, or 2) Blizz doesn't understand something about the RPPM system and are undervaluing trinkets by making them under budget.

Additionally, I actually like this despite us not being able to upgrade our trinkets at all. If the shado pan trinket and the H bottle 2/2 become bis even for H with bad trinket RNG that means we can pass on all the trinkets to all the other agi users in the raid which is a net gain because we have our best trinkets and they get an upgrade.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I still don't understand how they could let a friendly rep trinket be so good. I feel either 1) we don't understand something about the RPPM system and are undervaluing trinkets which use that proc through incorrect modeling, or 2) Blizz doesn't understand something about the RPPM system and are undervaluing trinkets by making them under budget.
    The trinkets seem so underbudget for all the classes just by looking at them (with the exception of the rune for monks). We have full understanding of the Real PPM system, as far as Blizzard has told us anyways.

Strikes me as very odd that a Valor trinket would be BiS even through Heroics, but at the same time if that actually turns out to be the case then I'm not super mad at how easy it will be to check off one BiS from my list.

Does the recent post by GC about the RealPPM (40mins ago) changes anything? also HC Talisman of Bloodlust won't be BiS?

"RealPPM Functionality Changes
    We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    Does the recent post by GC about the RealPPM (40mins ago) changes anything? also HC Talisman of Bloodlust won't be BiS?

"RealPPM Functionality Changes
    We changed RealPPM to use your true melee haste or spell haste (whichever is higher) to scale the proc rate instead of attack speed or casting speed. The difference is that things that buff your attack speed (such as the raid buff or Slice and Dice) do not increase the frequency of RPPM procs. True haste boosts, such as Bloodlust or haste rating on gear will improve proc rate. We felt this change was necessary to balance proc rates among different specs."
    Yeah, about ~20 ish minutes ago we started this discussion. There's some controversy with the talisman, but other than that H bottle 2/2 and the shado pan trinket should be BiS for H.

---------- Post added 2013-03-04 at 09:15 PM ----------

I'm just curious as to what they are going to do with all the other Real PPM oriented things. Our set bonuses were somewhat balanced around it. That was the reason why MM had .2 less Real PPM compared to SV.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-03-04 at 09:15 PM.

It's a stupid design that previous tier trinket and an easily obtained rep trinket are BiS. of all the 4 new trinkets nothing its good for hunters? its just for Hunters or its good for other classes?

Quote Originally Posted by Beoren View Post
    It's a stupid design that previous tier trinket and an easily obtained rep trinket are BiS. of all the 4 new trinkets nothing its good for hunters? its just for Hunters or its good for other classes?
    Honestly, it's probably good for all the other classes. We are one of the only classes who value our primary stat so much higher than all the other classes. You look at some agi class and they are mostly gemming for secondary stats and the ones gemming for primary stats still don't have agi valued as high as us.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    dude come on have ever seen blizzard give even the smallest fuck about hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    dude come on have ever seen blizzard give even the smallest fuck about hunters?
    We're getting buffed in 5.2 and were buffed in 5.1. I'd say yes.