Page 49 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was told that there was a brief issue with Rune earlier today but that it should already be fixed- can you doublecheck if it's still not proccing for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    I was told that there was a brief issue with Rune earlier today but that it should already be fixed- can you doublecheck if it's still not proccing for you?
    I can check in a bit, but when I checked it was only about 5 hours ago or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I can check in a bit, but when I checked it was only about 5 hours ago or so.
    On April 17th, as we had reported earlier, a blue confirmed that Rune had been accidentally broken. It was hotfixed recently and a blue has said internal testing has shown that the proc rate has been fixed and bad streak protection has been added as well in the hotfix. According to the blue, you should rarely go 2 minutes without proccing. You should never go 3 minutes.

His posts

Someone should verify. Since the Rune's internal RPPM scales from LFR to Heroic, I'm not sure this blue statement should apply to all versions of the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    On April 17th, as we had reported earlier, a blue confirmed that Rune had been accidentally broken. It was hotfixed recently and a blue has said internal testing has shown that the proc rate has been fixed and bad streak protection has been added as well in the hotfix. According to the blue, you should rarely go 2 minutes without proccing. You should never go 3 minutes.

His posts

Someone should verify. Since the Rune's internal RPPM scales from LFR to Heroic, I'm not sure this blue statement should apply to all versions of the trinket.
    Tested again this morning, had 5 procs in 4 minutes, using LFR Rune and low levels of haste. Question stands though: due to the nature of the trinket proc, is it worth using? When comparing it to LFR Bottle, just the passive Agility seems to make it a clear upgrade, but the proc I'm not sure what to think of.

Since the Rune's internal RPPM scales from LFR to Heroic, I'm not sure this blue statement should apply to all versions of the trinket.
    It applies to all versions. The blue states Rune will proc, on average, every 50-70 seconds. That range covers the mean proc time of all ilvls of the trinket, from LFR to heroic thunderforged.

Currently I run with Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault 522 and Bad Juju 502. Surv hunter.

I also have:
    Terror in the Mists 496
    Relic of Xuen (0/2) 476

Wondering if Terror 496 is better than Juju 502?

Quote Originally Posted by Fullgore View Post
    Currently I run with Vicious Talisman of the Shado-Pan Assault 522 and Bad Juju 502. Surv hunter.

I also have:
    Terror in the Mists 496
    Relic of Xuen (0/2) 476

Wondering if Terror 496 is better than Juju 502?
    no
    /10char

I need some help deciding what trinkets to use i currently have

Tailsmen of bloodlust (502)
    Bottle of infinite stars (489)
    Relic of Xuen (476)

also will be able to get the 522 hit/agili trinket next week too

Quote Originally Posted by Apxaios View Post
    I need some help deciding what trinkets to use i currently have

Tailsmen of bloodlust (502)
    Bottle of infinite stars (489)
    Relic of Xuen (476)

also will be able to get the 522 hit/agili trinket next week too
    Of those 3, I'd assume Talis+Bottle, then VP+Talis.

Deleted
    i'll post this again,since no one asnwered before^^ my choice is between rune of reorigination 522 or terror in the mists 496,cannot find any comparison between the 2,need help^^

rune is better than 496 terror for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mettimo View Post
    i'll post this again,since no one asnwered before^^ my choice is between rune of reorigination 522 or terror in the mists 496,cannot find any comparison between the 2,need help^^
    522 Rune for sure....

Rune of Reorigination is not bad for hunters... Just not as good as the other trinkets of equal iLvL and kinda disappointing since it is from the last boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    522 Rune for sure....

Rune of Reorigination is not bad for hunters... Just not as good as the other trinkets of equal iLvL and kinda disappointing since it is from the last boss.

tyvm m8,i tought it too,just need confirm^^

Should i use 502 bad juju or 502 talisman of bloodlust?
    Last edited by Valagrym; 2013-04-25 at 02:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valagrym View Post
    Should i use 502 bad juju or 502 talisman of bloodlust?
    bad juju, talisman is not bad but bad juju and renataki are better

Quote Originally Posted by Rackfu View Post
    522 Rune for sure....

So then I'd assume 502 Rune>476 Bottle? This rune gives me doubts!

Edit: Scratch that. While it sims higher on FD, after doing 7 or 8 ~8minute dummy tests for each trinket, Bottle not only adds to my burst more but ends me with higher DPS than Rune does.
    Last edited by Renley; 2013-04-25 at 03:16 PM.

So then I'd assume 502 Rune>476 Bottle? This rune gives me doubts!

Edit: Scratch that. While it sims higher on FD, after doing 7 or 8 ~8minute dummy tests for each trinket, Bottle not only adds to my burst more but ends me with higher DPS than Rune does.
    From what I've been simming, your stat allocation would not seem to favor the Rune (or any RPPM trinket). Going crit > mastery > haste will not benefit any of the RPPM trinkets. Try a 3:2:1 ratio of crit:haste:mastery. That type of profile seemed to do pretty well for Rune in FD. Many people are trying haste > crit > mastery, but from everything I've simmed before the recent upgrade of the Rune, this was generally a dps loss (though not a ridiculously huge one). From sims, you want the Rune proc to buff crit and not haste. Consequently, you want crit to be a bit more than haste. 2:2:1 haste:crit:mastery also does pretty well in sims (but I would make sure crit is slightly ahead).

From what I've been simming, your stat allocation would not seem to favor the Rune (or any RPPM trinket). Going crit > mastery > haste will not benefit any of the RPPM trinkets. Try a 3:2:1 ratio of crit:haste:mastery. That type of profile seemed to do pretty well for Rune in FD. Many people are trying haste > crit > mastery, but from everything I've simmed before the recent upgrade of the Rune, this was generally a dps loss (though not a ridiculously huge one). From sims, you want the Rune proc to buff crit and not haste. Consequently, you want crit to be a bit more than haste. 2:2:1 haste:crit:mastery also does pretty well in sims (but I would make sure crit is slightly ahead).
    Oh right, totally spaced on the whole haste RPPM thing. I'll give it a whirl when I get back from class. Right now Im at about 7:5:3 crit:mastery:haste, so I'll essentially want to swap haste and mastery, correct?(It's a bit early for me, so a tad hazy!)

Edit: Just gave it whirl, seemed to do much better with haste>mastery with Rune, thanks. Seemed to be on par with Mastery>haste Bottle though. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Renley; 2013-04-25 at 04:28 PM.

Oh right, totally spaced on the whole haste RPPM thing. I'll give it a whirl when I get back from class. Right now Im at about 7:5:3 crit:mastery:haste, so I'll essentially want to swap haste and mastery, correct?(It's a bit early for me, so a tad hazy!)

Edit: Just gave it whirl, seemed to do much better with haste>mastery with Rune, thanks. Seemed to be on par with Mastery>haste Bottle though. *shrugs*
    Yeah, the weird thing about the Rune is that it gets better as you gain more secondary stats. So, as you get upgrades, you may want to look at Rune again. For your current stat levels, it's probably about even. Another thing that is weird about the Rune is what is does to your shots/abilities by essentially slowing your Cobra Shot, Auto Shot, and Focus Regen at random times (when this thing procs it will convert all haste to crit). That will take some getting used to, if you are forced into using it from your trinket options.

I plan on trying it out again tonight, now that I see it has been fixed. However, if Renataki dropped on even LFR, I would take it over the Rune in a heartbeat.

Yeah, the weird thing about the Rune is that it gets better as you gain more secondary stats. So, as you get upgrades, you may want to look at Rune again. For your current stat levels, it's probably about even. Another thing that is weird about the Rune is what is does to your shots/abilities by essentially slowing your Cobra Shot, Auto Shot, and Focus Regen at random times (when this thing procs it will convert all haste to crit). That will take some getting used to, if you are forced into using it from your trinket options.

I plan on trying it out again tonight, now that I see it has been fixed. However, if Renataki dropped on even LFR, I would take it over the Rune in a heartbeat.
    That's my hope tonight. Still need to run 1st and 3rd LFR, and doing normal tonight. *fingers crossed* Appreciate the help.