Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    The other thing to keep in mind is when you get a L&L proc toward the end of Renataki.

For example, if there are 2 seconds left of Renataki and you are able to get 2 Explosive Shots off before the trinket expires, you would not want to refresh the ES dot with a third ES that doesn't have Renataki on it.
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter as the ES ticks just add together.

Pretty sure almost all Dots in the game dynamically change every time it ticks. So basically when the next tick happens on explosive it will calculate at that moment. And assuming this, holding explosive shot would be a net dps loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I have Bad Juju, Renataki's Soul Charm and Rune of Re-Origination...

Can't decide which 2 to use :\ I was thinking Juju and Renataki's?

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    So I have Bad Juju, Renataki's Soul Charm and Rune of Re-Origination...

Can't decide which 2 to use :\ I was thinking Juju and Renataki's?
    Definitely not RoR (yet). Still hoping blizzard does something to buff this for hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Definitely not RoR (yet)
    yet?

10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Rekuja View Post
    yet?

10chars
    Edited post

10+ Year Old Account
    ahhh i see, yeah i wasnt a huge fan when i tried it out in a few raids.... not too happy with it

Pretty sure almost all Dots in the game dynamically change every time it ticks. So basically when the next tick happens on explosive it will calculate at that moment. And assuming this, holding explosive shot would be a net dps loss.
    If you get a LnL proc and shot first 2 explosive shots with 9-10 stacks of renataki, the agility counts for all the ticks, and if you then shot ANOTHER explo to refresh it when you lost renataki, the overall damage goes down. Tested many times..

Most DoTs in the game actually don't dynamically update. Warlocks and spriests have some pretty compelling gameplay in refreshing DoTs under buffs to max their DPS.

All our damage over time abilities like AMoC and Stampede are dynamic. Lynx Rush is snapshot but no one really uses it, and SrS is snapshot but will update every time you CoS, so it ends up being "effectively dynamic" since CoS is a fairly regular part of your rotation.

rentaki soul charm 502, bad juju 502, rune of reorigination 502 shado pan assault 522 and 504(2/2) one from the lions landing dailies, Currently im using 504 one and bad juju because all my damn gear has hit i reforge out of ALL of it and i am at 7.49% hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    SrS updates stats with your Cobra Shots, so you shouldn't really be casting SrS at the end of it. The only thing you can do is try to use black arrow before it wears off. Other than that it's just RNG timing with your rotation.
    I generally try to have a Cobra Shot land at 9 or 10 stacks of Renataki and leave me with 80+ Focus, allowing me to get a good 10-12 seconds or so of only using Focus dumps. I wouldn't ever both re-casting it manually though. I also wouldn't hold Black Arrow unless it came off CD while you were aready around 5 stacks of Renataki. I do sometimes however override my first Black Arrow with the Readinessed one before procs fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I generally try to have a Cobra Shot land at 9 or 10 stacks of Renataki and leave me with 80+ Focus, allowing me to get a good 10-12 seconds or so of only using Focus dumps. I wouldn't ever both re-casting it manually though. I also wouldn't hold Black Arrow unless it came off CD while you were aready around 5 stacks of Renataki. I do sometimes however override my first Black Arrow with the Readinessed one before procs fall off.
    Right. I was just saying if BA was off CD make sure to use it during the proc.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Right. I was just saying if BA was off CD make sure to use it during the proc.
    Considering BA is always used as soon as it comes off CD, when you said
    use black arrow before it wears off.
    it sort of implies that you would have to hold it. Why would you hold it for a RNG proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Considering BA is always used as soon as it comes off CD, when you said it sort of implies that you would have to hold it. Why would you hold it for a RNG proc?
    You wouldn't. I just must've not been clear enough or you misunderstood what I said.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Speaking of black arrow, am I the only person that sometimes does not get LnL procs? I feel like in cata you were pretty much guaranteed one per black arrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter as the ES ticks just add together.
    You will still get the same number of ticks, but the damage per tick is calculated from the final Explosive.

Explosive, Black Arrow and Serpent Sting are all calculated when you cast them (not on hit, and not on tick).
    Stampede and AMoC are both dynamic, updating as soon as your stats change.

---------- Post added 2013-05-19 at 08:32 AM ----------

Speaking of black arrow, am I the only person that sometimes does not get LnL procs? I feel like in cata you were pretty much guaranteed one per black arrow.
    If its something you are worried about you could track the L&L ICD, so that you aren't regularly putting BA up while there is no chance of a proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    If its something you are worried about you could track the L&L ICD, so that you aren't regularly putting BA up while there is no chance of a proc.
    This is at the start of the fight only

Deleted
    nah i've noticed the same aswell liber where the proc is damn bloody late at the start rota (i've seen it happen close to when the normal cd would be up again or hell just when ba drops off or in very bad luck nada procs tho i've seen that last one happen very very very rarely on lei shen hc)

What people don't realize is how good the T14 set bonus for SV was. It practically guaranteed a LnL proc, and something like 60% of them were the fifth tick or before (IE, halfway).

Normally, though, it's not unheard of for LnL to proc real late or not at all, as LnL has no bad luck protection. So as people move from T14 to T15 tier, LnLs feel like they're much later because...they are.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyb3r View Post
    nah i've noticed the same aswell liber where the proc is damn bloody late at the start rota (i've seen it happen close to when the normal cd would be up again or hell just when ba drops off or in very bad luck nada procs tho i've seen that last one happen very very very rarely on lei shen hc)
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    What people don't realize is how good the T14 set bonus for SV was. It practically guaranteed a LnL proc, and something like 60% of them were the fifth tick or before (IE, halfway).

Normally, though, it's not unheard of for LnL to proc real late or not at all, as LnL has no bad luck protection. So as people move from T14 to T15 tier, LnLs feel like they're much later because...they are.
    LnL is only 20% chance per tick, which means about 11% of the time you will get no Lock and Load over the full duration of one Black Arrow.

Compare that to T14 where LnL was 40% chance per tick, meaning there was a 0.6% chance of seeing no Lock and Load from one Black Arrow.

Go figure!