Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

LFG in Guild Wars 2

Hello everyone, it has been 5 days since i started playing the game. Its so freaking amazing on so many levels . However, it seems to me there is an issue with communication. I tried to get a group going for AC this evening but i noticed there is no LFG channel and the /m is kind of dead. I was wondering if i am doing something wrong here and is there any other, more effective way of getting a group together

Deleted
    1. Get on a high pop server and the /m will be different
    2. Use gw2lfg . com

Deleted
    Thanks a lot. I will gather them gold for the transfer :P and use that tool, very usefull

Yeah. I think it's usually easy to get groups (on my server at least) with /m (Always try Lions Arch, and the AC map).
    Other than that you can try joining a guild (or a bigger one since you can have multiple ones)
    and last but not least: gw2lfg website. Easy tool never took me more than 3mins to find a full group.

Deleted
    btw, /m is not like a global chat. its only for that area and that can be tricky. also keep in mind if you're in a overflow area that means you aren't on your server.

Deleted
    I thought "High" populated servers are actually high populated ^^

Deleted
    that's kind of subjective. not sure what you would expect to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill View Post
    I thought "High" populated servers are actually high populated ^^
    Each server has a limited number of account slots available so a high server should in theory have a high playerbase but it doesnt necessarily mean that because the high is purely based on how many spots are filled on the server by account not by active player. That being said by virtue of there being more accounts it should be more active.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is feature GW2 lacks and will allways be a short coming for a lot of players. Any MMO launching nowdays without a good LFG tool is not up to the standard now. Which is the primary reason I still prefer WoW over GW2. Does not mean I donot enjoy GW2, I do...great game. But I would enjoy it more if it had a good LFG tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is feature GW2 lacks and will allways be a short coming for a lot of players. Any MMO launching nowdays without a good LFG tool is not up to the standard now. Which is the primary reason I still prefer WoW over GW2. Does not mean I donot enjoy GW2, I do...great game. But I would enjoy it more if it had a good LFG tool.
    Yeah...but it still is something more of a design option. Gw2 doesn't require tank and heals, meaning getting a group together is a piece of cake, not only that but you also require lower levels for alot of the dungeons (which theoretically makes the highest dungeon the "worst" the get group for. I do agree it can lack a bit (hence why we have gw2lfg (amazing tool that gets me groups in less than 1min always), but Anet already said they are improving the LFG in game but it won't port you to dungeons or anything like WoW, which always sucked (plus the time to enter if you are dps).

There is a built in LFG tool in Guild Wars 2. It's buried in the Social tab:

And as such few people use it. The other side of it is that the default LFG tool is terrible. Even admitted as such by Arena.net.

There is an LFG tool though. For whatever that is worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    There is a built in LFG tool in Guild Wars 2. It's buried in the Social tab:

-clip-

And as such few people use it. The other side of it is that the default LFG tool is terrible. Even admitted as such by Arena.net.

There is an LFG tool though. For whatever that is worth.
    Yeah, no one uses that. Everyone that's not running with guildmates or friends uses gw2lfg.com, rarely does anyone try to find a group in map chat (on my server at least).

WoW went what - 6 years without a LFG, I think GW2 can make it one year without one just fine
    Valar morghulis

Well the problem with saying that it can last without one just fine is that people expect it now. It doesn't matter what a game did 8 years ago, what matters is the now and people expect any new mmo to have a functional LFG tool right at launch, and I agree with that.

I don't really know the particulars of WOW's LFG other than it being "meh". Whenever they added LFG to WOW was not the time I played WOW. So meh-a-fucking-tron @ LFD/LFR whatever it is they do over there.

However, GW1 had a fairly effective LFG tool. One which was more accessible and useable than the one in GW2. Really think burying the option in the contacts menu was just awful.

Anet could stand to copy the lfg website design and just put it in BBS form in-game. Which is how most Eastern MMOs do it. Seems to work for those games and via this website.

Yeah, the GW1 tool was much better than the one here. I'm not sure why they couldn't have just adopted that one.

I'm a big fan of the game but they dropped the ball on this one. I hope the revamp will be soonish and effective.

Think Anet made a step backwards in UI functionality from Guild Wars 1. Certainly the UI in GW2 is prettier, but it's not nearly as clean/functional as GW1.

Somewhat ahead of it's time the GW1 UI. It took years before UIs as flexible were "in the box" rather than facilitated via addon.

I don't use addons personally. So I much prefer a robust, powerful UI by default.

Think Anet made a step backwards in UI functionality from Guild Wars 1. Certainly the UI in GW2 is prettier, but it's not nearly as clean/functional as GW1.

Somewhat ahead of it's time the GW1 UI. It took years before UIs as flexible were "in the box" rather than facilitated via addon.

I don't use addons personally. So I much prefer a robust, powerful UI by default.
    Although the camera in GW1 was one of the worst ever implemented in the modern video game era. As for LFG GW2 will add one, the gw2lfg website is evidence that people want it. There is no community outside of guilds anyway, it won't hurt the community.

Never had issue with the Guild Wars 1 camera. Evey thing was nice and precise. The only areas sorta wonky were like places in Factions with high walls and such.

GW1's camera was almost like a top down/iso view. At least I played it in that manner. Found GW1 on the whole to be among the most agreeable MMOs I played alongside Eq, Rift, RA and FF11. Camera/Perspective included.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-12 at 02:19 AM.

Never had issue with the Guild Wars 1 camera. Evey thing was nice and precise. The only areas sorta wonky were like places in Factions with high walls and such.

GW1's camera was almost like a top down/iso view. At least I played it in that manner. Found GW1 on the whole to be among the most agreeable MMOs I played alongside Eq, Rift, RA and FF1. Camera/Perspective included.
    The camera for me had major issues whenever you were on an incline. It would sometimes peg to the ground and not let you look into the distance until you moved off the incline. Not going to rehash my issues with it anymore though, that is ancient history now. Camera in GW2 was much improved.

I'm a hater of LFG in WoW but I really could see this game benefiting from one, something even low level players can do because you usually cant get a group for a level 30 dungeon because everyone wants 80s.