10+ Year Old Account

Need a budget build

This build has a 600$ budget, below I will list the parts that I DO NOT NEED.

Parts that I DO NOT NEED:

Monitor
    Keyboard
    Mouse
    Headset
    SSD ( got a vertex 4 128 gb )
    GFX card ( parents bought me a 660 ti as a gift )
    Optical drives
    PSU

------

I would prefer an intel build if possible. I am looking to play all modern games on high settings, and to be able to overclock comfortably ( nothing extreme ).

10+ Year Old Account
    What about OS? can you pull that from the old system these parts are coming from? What is the PSU?
    You can't really get much 'better' than that. $600 is actually a fair bit of money when you cut out the three biggest expenses (GPU, PSU, SSD). Toss an extra $90 if you need an OS.

PCPartPicker part list
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4-M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.00 @ Amazon)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $443.96
    Last edited by chazus; 2013-02-09 at 04:10 AM.

For that budget your most definitively going to have to go amd, unless you want to skimp on other parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post

He is a god, and should not have to associate with lower class citizens, for his valor points, I mean thats ALL he could be there for, he obviously doesnt need gear, so blizzard should just credit his account with 500 VP a week, for his troubles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    What about OS? can you pull that from the old system these parts are coming from? What is the PSU?
    PSU - Antec Earthwatts EA-650

I am just going to transplant my SSD and HDD drives from my current comp ( has OS etc etc ).

All I need is the hardware and a new case.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAgist View Post
    For that budget your most definitively going to have to go amd, unless you want to skimp on other parts.
    what other parts do i need to skimp on? From what I can see I only need to buy a new mobo/processor/ram and a case... am i mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAgist View Post
    I'm thinking you misread his post.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 08:11 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, what CPU are you upgrading from?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm thinking you misread his post.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 08:11 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, what CPU are you upgrading from?
    Im currently running an i5-750 @ 3ghz ( stock cooler and voltages cause im awful :P ).

Out of curiosity myself, what do you look for in a motherboard? What are the differences ( other than size if any ), between micro-atx, atx, etc style motherboards?

Quote Originally Posted by Dupree View Post

He is a god, and should not have to associate with lower class citizens, for his valor points, I mean thats ALL he could be there for, he obviously doesnt need gear, so blizzard should just credit his account with 500 VP a week, for his troubles

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity myself, what do you look for in a motherboard?
    Me, personally? I pretty much look for the cheapest board by a good brand. Everything is built in (USB, ethernet, sata, etc) so... beyond that I have few demands.

What are the differences ( other than size if any ), between micro-atx, atx, etc style motherboards?
    PRetty much just size. Obviously, with smaller size, there's less room for RAM, more PCI-E slots, etc... but honestly, you'll never need more than 2 sticks of ram, and unless you're getting a wireless card or sound card, you wont need more slots, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got a question - A friend recommended http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131837 - It also comes with a single 8gb stick of ddr3 1600 ram... For another 49.99 ( the same price for 8 gigs in dual channel ), could i buy another stick ( of the same RAM mind you ), and run it in dual channel with the free stick ( thus resulting in 16 gigs vs 8 gigs ) for the same price?