Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    You said more interesting which they arn't really because they are the same as a normal weapon.
    no, my staff lets me run 10% faster in dread wastes...

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Shadow's Edge
    Runestaff of Nordrassil
    The Sleeper

The same reason these items existed.
    Question answered.
    I have my doubts that you are going to need one of the current sha touched weapons later on.
    Anyways no new sha touched weapons seems a bit strange to me.

I doubt you will need them either!
    But they fill the same gameplay purpose, incremental rewards to make it feel like a very long questline is going somewhere and is worth doing now rather than in patch 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What is the point in the sha touched weapons if we will be replacing them next tier?
    As others have said, whats the point of anything, we replace it all eventually, every tier , every expansion. The weps give a quirky litle extra (the speed buff for dread wastes and have a sha touched socket) that makes it better than those weps without, enjoy it while you have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It would be brutally unforgiving to require the T14 legendary to get the T15 or T16 legendary.
    you're insane. i hope to god that you need the sha touched weapon to get a 'real' legendary at the end of the xpac.

this is a great idea to me, it's a "legendary" weapon that anyone can get but only by completing the expansion in its entirety. aka something that feels legendary.

maybe people just got spoiled with herp derp let me make a rogue alt so i can farm normal ds for orange daggers but this is both accessible to everyone (you can get your stupid sigils and sha touched weps in lfr if you don't even raid ffs) yet legendary in scope.

Deleted
    i have a feeling sha touched weapons are making a reappearance in 5.4 Siege of Orgrimmar raid.

everything points towards garrosh harnassing the power of the sha too strenghten his soldiers. so far he failed, but he might succeed somewhere in 5.2 or 5.3
    from that standpoint it isnt weird too encounter new sha touched weaponary

Quote Originally Posted by adelerollsinthedeep View Post
    you're insane. i hope to god that you need the sha touched weapon to get a 'real' legendary at the end of the xpac.

this is a great idea to me, it's a "legendary" weapon that anyone can get but only by completing the expansion in its entirety. aka something that feels legendary.

maybe people just got spoiled with herp derp let me make a rogue alt so i can farm normal ds for orange daggers but this is both accessible to everyone (you can get your stupid sigils and sha touched weps in lfr if you don't even raid ffs) yet legendary in scope.
    There's no reason to need the weapon
    But wait! Don't get out your pitchfork!

The reason isn't "to make it easier for newbs" but because you have to do the whole questline anyway.
    Blizzard have already confirmed that for the 5.2 questline you will have had to finish the 5.0 and 5.1 questline.

They are already making sure that you have to play through the whole expansion's worth of raids to get the final reward. That doesn't require hanging on to your Sha-Touched weapon, the "quest completed" flag is proof enough.

Old gear gets replaced by new gear. More at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Hey, man. Magical fucking arrows. THEY ARE BLUE
    And free bag slot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    no, my staff lets me run 10% faster in dread wastes...
    Still pointless, because mobs run at 114% speed, with the staff you can only run at 110%, unless you're a Paladin.

Deleted
    I think that in the first part of the qline, Wrathion is just testing you.
    Practically he shouldn't know you if you aren't a rogue.
    His first 5.2 quest says that he needs a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    It would be brutally unforgiving to require the T14 legendary to get the T15 or T16 legendary.
    Well it kinda does. Not the weapon necessarily, but the legendary items themselves are required as you need to do the quest line as it becomes available to get to the next part anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 09:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Still pointless, because mobs run at 114% speed, with the staff you can only run at 110%, unless you're a Paladin.
    Running away from mobs isn't the only point of a movement speed boost.

It's a convenience thing above all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What is the point in the sha touched weapons if we will be replacing them next tier?
    I agree, remove all the gear and make stats baseline so we don't have to worry about replacing any of the items in the future.