10+ Year Old Account

I am a little confused.

I really don't care about world politics and such but I do have one question tho. Why does the American Government keep spending more $ on their army then helping their people? O.o Yes I know that they're capitalist country, but why spend so much on a army? O.o I AM NOT LOOKING TO START A FLAME WAR I AM JUST CURIOUS THANK YOU.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're a nation of warmongering nutters for one.

For another we have alot of politicians with connections to that industry so it's really quite self serving similar scenario with our prison system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Building weapons is great business.

World police, yo.

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-02-09 at 10:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What else would MMO Champion have to talk about if not American wars? Checkmate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of old warmongering dinosaurs still in power.

They are spending on army in order to maintain or gain control of resources for current and future needs.

Deleted
    I think it drives up the costs of maintaining a standing military in general. Many well-off nations have smaller standing military and less expensive technology than they used to during periods of mass production. The USA want to maintain their military power in peace time, so their interests cannot be threatened by other major powers and therefore have a large budget.

15+ Year Old Account
    I want to preface this by saying that I am not a supporter of the huge military budget of the US. I believe there's a lot of other things far more worth spending money on.

However, the US is currently the only military superpower in the world. Were they to cut down military spending to a fraction of what it is now, would not other countries interested in control of the globe (say, Russia or China) be able to step in and take their place? I don't know, it's just a thought.

I think the US military is currently too large, and as I said I believe there are far more important things to put all that money into, but I'd rather see the US as world police than Russia or China.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    World police, yo.
    No. Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    I really don't care about world politics and such but I do have one question tho. Why does the American Government keep spending more $ on their army then helping their people? O.o Yes I know that they're capitalist country, but why spend so much on a army? O.o I AM NOT LOOKING TO START A FLAME WAR I AM JUST CURIOUS THANK YOU.
    Because United States is a leech on the body of the world. The only way to sustain its economic parasitism is through having a powerful diplomatic core supported by an even more powerful military hammer.

<Infracted> Don't nation bash
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-02-09 at 10:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know you didn't intend to create this as a nation bashing thread, but unfortunately that's the only place it's going to go, and where it has gone already.

Closed.