Thread: 5.4? Wait what?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Have a look here, Blues have pretty much stated it themselves already weeks ago:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...a-break-in-52/

The relevant part:
    Right now we’re planning for them to return in 5.3, which will not have a raid tier, and offer upgrades again as people will have likely have some currency to burn.

By my judgement things are going to be thunder king, Ancient god, Garrosh with massive sha infection. Why?

Well the mantid mention the old gods all the time and how the 'defeat' of a 7 headed old god gave birth to a sha from each head. Currently we got 6 shas up for killing, with the 7th being unknown where he is or if he even is there to be begin with. :P

My guess is that the old god returns in a somewhat weakened state from the 7 headed version and just has 1 head or so, we kill it, the last head turns into a massive sha which finds host in garrosh his fury/hate/wrath/bloodlust. Driving him over the edge and becoming sorta like empress now is.

Old god raid will have mantid bosses (Klaxxi clearly stated they would join the old god when he returned, if we didn't follow them they would kill us), sha like bosses and perhaps some garrosh followers (since garrosh wants to harnass the sha).

Just my expectations, and blizz already said that after thunderking we will have a non raid patch again. So my guess is 5.4 being the old god and 5.6 being garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you all think that SoO will be 5.4? what if it's 5.5 or 5.6?

10+ Year Old Account
    I still firmly believe 5.4 will be Siege, and that we won't have 4 tiers this expansion. It remains to be seen, but that's my belief for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we'll probably see a bridge raid in 5.4, similar to how ToC was a half-raid. Hopefully it won't be as bland/horrible as ToC though if we do get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's any reason to expect four tiers this expansion. That only happened once, in Wrath, and TOC was a tier in name only. Five bosses in two rooms.

They've stated on multiple occasions that they're speeding up expansions. We will see the next expansion at Blizzcon this fall and they'll release it the following spring.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Their target:

5.0: 2012/09
    5.1: 2012/11
    5.2: 2013/03
    5.3: 2013/05
    5.4: 2013/09
    6.0: 2014/03

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    I don't think there's any reason to expect four tiers this expansion. That only happened once, in Wrath, and TOC was a tier in name only. Five bosses in two rooms.

They've stated on multiple occasions that they're speeding up expansions. We will see the next expansion at Blizzcon this fall and they'll release it the following spring.
    What if it would have had 12 bosses in 2 rooms?

Anyway, a final tier should last at least 10-12 months, anything else is too short.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Their target:

6.0: 2014/09
    Fixed.

I really hope 5.4 is the SoO patch, so we can finish this expansion faster and experience a new and better storyline.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    I really hope 5.4 is the SoO patch, so we can finish this expansion faster and experience a new and better storyline.
    There's no new and better storyline, Burning Legion is gonna be boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There's no new and better storyline, Burning Legion is gonna be boring as hell.
    Argus?

/10char

Deleted
    Blizzard already 'confirmed' in the item upgrade remove post that 5.3 will have no raid but will be a lore patch, sine they don't want people to upgrade their items in a fresh raid tier

5.3 will be Minor content patch
    5.4 Major
    5.5 Minor
    5.6 Major (Siege of Orgrimmar)

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz already said 5.3 would be a lore patch. And after the Q4 sub loss I'm certain 5.4 will be a tier, but not SoO.

---------- Post added 2013-02-09 at 11:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    Their target:

6.0: 2014/03
    Not happening. That means Expansion V would already be in alpha and beta would start before Blizzcon.

It'll be out at earliest 8/2014, meaning either another contentless year or a tier between ToT and SoO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    Just assumed off the Cataclysm model is all.

Hoping for this.
    OP, lorewise there are some very big hints that 5.4 will in fact not be Siege, but in actuality be an Old God Raid.

Not saying why, just putting it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I think it's too early for MoP to have the last raid in 5.4. I think the patches goes up to 5.6 of 5.7 this expansion.

I think the expansion goes the following:

5.2: Thunder King raid
    5.3: lore patch: Kul Tiras is interested in pandaria as well, Garrosh blocks it.
    5.4: Kul Tiras naval raid or Dalaran-like raid
    5.5: Kul tiras pissed off
    5.6: Siege of Orgrimmar raid.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I think it's too early for MoP to have the last raid in 5.4. I think the patches goes up to 5.6 of 5.7 this expansion.

I think the expansion goes the following:

5.2: Thunder King raid
    5.3: lore patch: Kul Tiras is interested in pandaria as well, Garrosh blocks it.
    5.4: Kul Tiras naval raid or Dalaran-like raid
    5.5: Kul tiras pissed off
    5.6: Siege of Orgrimmar raid.
    What? What does Garrosh have to do with Kul'tiras?

My prediction:

5.2 -Throne of Thunder. T15.
    5.3 - Factions arrive in full force. PvP* daily hubs in VoEB as the factions battle for the Vale's powers. Defense of the Alehouse added
    5.4 - The 7th Sha is unleashed by the events of 5.2 and 5.3. T16. Garrosh attempts to control it and is corrupted, retreating to Orgrimmar.
    5.5 - New 5-mans leading into Siege of Orgrimmar added.
    5.6 - SoO. T16.

*PvP can include the slaying of NPCs OR players. Like Wintergrasp.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblestikk View Post
    So while reading the front page I noticed that one of the Achievements reads as follows.

"Cutting Edge: Ra-den (New) Defeat Ra-den in Throne of Thunder, prior to the release of patch 5.4."

5.4? I thought the Siege of Org was 5.3, and that Garrosh was to be the Last Boss of this expansion?

What do you guys think 5.4 could contain? I'm hoping not another Halion...
    Well for one, it's not really a spoiler and wide known thing now that Blizzard told everyone. Secondly if you read the blue post a few months ago. They specifically said every other patch is going to be a raid patch (take roughly 4 months to design) and every other one prior to that is a content patch with dailies, dungeons, and other things involved (take roughly 2 months to design).

So roughly every odd patch is miscellaneous content and every even patch is raid content. Not sure why people are shocked there isn't a raid in 5.3 as these threads keep coming up. It's like people take half a thing a blue said and take it completely out of content and assume whatever it is, is fact and there was nothing said prior about why or anything.

i think people should think a bit about whether or not SoO will be the end of garrosh.
    imagine if he flees from orgrimmar with who ever is loyal to him to pandaria to seek out the final sha and the corpse of y'sharj to use to "reclaim his right" or what ever.
    that would work to rolling us into the 7th sha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So what? They'll release SoO in September? Then what? We will wait until September 2014 until the next expansion? Either the SoO is not the last raid or they will simply not release the SoO in the next few patches...

Or.... xpac 5 will release in March-April 2014. That puts it in line with a 18 month xpac schedule like they wanted.