Warlocks in challenge modes?

How are they doing? I just came back to WoW about a week ago, left about end of october while I was leveling my lock. I know at that time, demo locks were sitting pretty solid, how are they now? Dat gear looks so sexy mmm :3

Probably better suited for the class forum, but literally any spec can do it. My first gold run I was affliction for all but the first pulls + boss in SM and up to Sha in ShP where I was demo.

Locks are fine in CMs, I've gotten golds as all 3 specs but Demo works best for most instances for most people. I wouldn't say there as good as bringing a mage/surv hunter/ele sham, but it's still better than bringing a melee in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Locks are fine in CMs, I've gotten golds as all 3 specs but Demo works best for most instances for most people. I wouldn't say there as good as bringing a mage/surv hunter/ele sham, but it's still better than bringing a melee in most cases.
    I'm currently leveling a mage, do you mind elaborating why you wouldn't say they're as good?

They don't bring a lust is basically it. I did golds as affliction (felhunter sac) so additional interrupt and aoe stun. the "burst" as affliction for AoE was meh whereas a frost mage aoe burst would be obscene by comparison.

My comp was:
    Blood DK
    resto Druid
    Ele Sham
    Hunter
    Lock (me)

I see demo quite often as well but that was moreso when CMs were new and the gear scaled a lot better for demo than it did for affliction. I know CMs it sets everything at a specific level but when you miscalculated and your haste got lowered below thresholds it became noticable in performance.

Quote Originally Posted by rashnau View Post
    I see demo quite often as well but that was moreso when CMs were new and the gear scaled a lot better for demo than it did for affliction. I know CMs it sets everything at a specific level but when you miscalculated and your haste got lowered below thresholds it became noticable in performance.
    Is there a specific guide for these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    I wouldn't say there as good as bringing a mage/surv hunter/ele sham, but it's still better than bringing a melee in most cases.
    While I agree on the part about stronger than melee, most rangeds are equally strong, and this is because of utility. Having Demonic Circle: Teleport, Soulstone, Banish, Fear, best aoe, justifies the fact that we might be lower on other aspects. Locks are not weak in challenge modes.
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Is there a specific guide for these things?
    ask and ye shall recieve

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...e-gold-guides/

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...nge-Mode-Guide

Held World 1st Warlock for a month or so but stopped pushing times after the New Year.

If you are running with a large AoE comp I found that Affliction works better than Demonology in most instances, being able to swap for some intensive packs is required.

As for Affliction the single target requirement in certain instances is usually more time gaining than aoe those instances being: sappers in Gate, wardens in Shado-pan, amber-weavers in Siege and minions of doubt in Jade.

Demonology brings more aoe for packs which generally just need to die quickly such as the Scarlets, not to mention the aoe full interrupt on a 12s cooldown.

Being able to be Affliction on most bosses encounters is a plus.