Tips for Heroic Garalon?

so this last week my guild downed heroic Garalon for the first time, after i was replaced. does anyone have any tips so that i can push out more dps so that next time im not replaced?

i play combat for this fight with with BF up for dpsing legs, off for just body. i keep RS and SnD up as much as i can. i dont use rupture on the legs because it wont hit the body too.

any tips are helpfull

Make 100% sure your BF cleave is actually hitting the boss. The positioning can be a little finnicky, especially with the erratic leg movement, and you might just be cleaving nothing.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

garalon has a pretty big hitbox so while i tank the garalon cleave i make sure to turn bf BF on while legs are active and turn off while no legs are around i keep pulling 120k dps on him everyone elese is doing around 100k. you dont have to stay exactly infront of him its okay to stay close to the green circle to damage his body if you want to maximaze your dps. if you dont have to tank this dude try to run max range to the leg and KS on it so you singlecleave it dont forget to turn on BF. i also use AR+SB to bust down a leg by myself while everyone else focusing the others.

also if your not tanking his cleave use ShS to ensure max uptime on legs use feint for his crush try to get 100% SnD uptime and RVS.there is not much to say here since melee classes are bad for kiting all our ranged dps are doing the pheromone stuff.

also prepot before entering the fight and use the second pot on the 30% phase where garalon only attacks the target keep killing the legs thats what we did to get our first kill use bloodlust + all your cd's.from what i've read on several forums if you have the opportunity to use KS without triggering his cleave use 2 slow weapons if you dont have the opportunity to KS use slow fast weapon combination
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2013-02-09 at 05:05 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Here's my pov as a rogue tank, i fuck up abit at the start but other then that it's pretty smooth:

Not fair... you can use rogue tanks for heroic if its on 10m? Definitely jealous.

@OP
    What kind of dps are you pulling? If they sat you, I'm guessing it was because your dps blew. I mean you could be horribly failing to mechanics, but the mechanics for garalon are pretty easy. I would guess that you are failing with your BF and its not landing (jsz seems to think the same), however there is no way for anyone to actually see where you are failing if you don't post a log.

Also, are you tanking? You didn't mention it in your OP so I'm guessing not, and if they were replacing you for an actual tank because your tanking wasn't working, I'd think they would leave the rogue in for the insane dps.

Deleted
    At the start of the fight, make sure that you are alone at a leg if 10man.
    I play 25man and i always get a leg of my own/or share it with 1 more at the start where you can have a full AR+SB uptime on a leg.
    Then you should easily do 400k dps at the start.

I go with Leeching poison, heals for 10k+/sec.
    Feint before EVERY Crush.
    Feint when the ticking dmg get to high, around 40k+
    This is to help your healers alot, giving them time to focus on the rest of the raid.

Make sure to be between the leg and the body to succesfully cleave.

Turn off Blade flurry if you aren't cleaving.

Use second pot when you are cleaving a leg with a full uptime AR+SB. (Hopefully with bloodlust/both trinkets proccing/Deep insight and Tricked by a other rogue.)
    =)

i was not tanking. (it never occurred to us to use a rogue on heroic) and my dps was all right as far as i know, and no i dont screw up mechanics. i would have been bitched out a long time ago if i was.

i was replaced by a ranged dps (our raid is always melee heavy) so i think it was more that it was needed more dps from kiters.

im gonna put forth the idea of me tanking next time i see my raid leader.

and thx for all the tips and suggestions.

Well it feels like a wierd choice to sit a rogue out, considering how good we are on this fight. Even without the tanking part we're amazing for the cleaves and we hardly take any dmg with feint and cloak glyphed.
    I would def mention you tanking as a viable option because you can still do very good dmg with some lucky leg spawns and it frees up a dps spot for a ranged if you need that. Spec into Elusiveness, Prep, glyph Cloak and use Evasion on cd as you can dodge the swipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cires the Insane View Post
    i was not tanking. (it never occurred to us to use a rogue on heroic) and my dps was all right as far as i know, and no i dont screw up mechanics. i would have been bitched out a long time ago if i was.

i was replaced by a ranged dps (our raid is always melee heavy) so i think it was more that it was needed more dps from kiters.

im gonna put forth the idea of me tanking next time i see my raid leader.

and thx for all the tips and suggestions.
    What is alright exactly? Not saying this for sure applies to you, but I know plenty of people who thought their dps was alright when it was in fact rather poor.

I don't see a reason to sit a rogue for a ranged unless you have multiple rogues in a 10m raid maybe (and even then thats a big maybe). You don't have to have the rogue kite at all, and even if you do, the rogue should still be beating the ranged dps. You get a double damage buff as melee most of the time with losing 0 dps due to movement (and you are cleaving) which is far superior to having a ranged dps lose dps by running to keep up with the circles and running around the boss even if they lose less dps while kiting.

I have ended up kiting on our 25m kills because they'd rather have people they can trust do it, and I still pull like 170k dps which is higher than even our multi dotting ranged dps.