Deleted

Is it possible to stay competitive with two characters?

Question in thread title

Deleted
    also, when next season starts

Still yes. You could stay competitive on 20 chars if you had the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very much so. Granted, it does take a lot of time. I remember back in Cata when a certain paladin got R1 in 3 different battlegroups on 3 different paladins he made.

Yes, as long as you start them all at the start of the season you will be fine!

15+ Year Old Account
    I am 2k+ on characters right now so it is possible, if given enough time.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on your time schedule. If you have a well paying job, over 25 and have a stable situation, yes.

If you're a full time college student and working part time, I would stick with one character.

15+ Year Old Account
    Go ahead, if you do not have a job or GF or friends, you will have plenty of time,

If you have any of above, then no.

Deleted
    Go ahead, if you do not have a job or GF or friends, you will have plenty of time,
    Providing there lvled and you dont have to waste time going through that debacle it is pretty darn easy to stay competitive i have a job and a fiance and i get more than enought time to keep 2 characters competitive (will be 3 once rogues hit 90, 86.8 atm)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drixar View Post
    Providing there lvled and you dont have to waste time going through that debacle it is pretty darn easy to stay competitive i have a job and a fiance and i get more than enought time to keep 2 characters competitive (will be 3 once rogues hit 90, 86.8 atm)
    Really? How?

On Avg. I get 100 CP/hour. That takes alot.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am 2k+ on characters right now so it is possible, if given enough time.
    I don't think this is what he had in mind... But yeah of course it is, can't you think for urself OP? There are a few multi class r1s so yeeeaah cy@

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post

If you have any of above, then no.
    Doesn't take all that long. An evening per character to max out conquest points for Arena/RBG at most. So a girlfriend/friends/job isn't really a reason why you couldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    Really? How?

On Avg. I get 100 CP/hour. That takes alot.
    100 CP/hour? What do you do? Do BGs for conquest points? o.o

If you do arenas weekly, you'll be able to keep up as many characters as you want. Sure, getting honor gear would take a lot longer. but in the end, conquest gear is where it's truly at.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    100 CP/hour? What do you do? Do BGs for conquest points? o.o

If you do arenas weekly, you'll be able to keep up as many characters as you want. Sure, getting honor gear would take a lot longer. but in the end, conquest gear is where it's truly at.
    Yeah I just play casual. I hate Arena and RBGs want 2200+ players.

I guess what it really comes down to is what you mean by competitive. If you want to be R1 viable then no, you should focus on one character. Playing at that level is not so much a gear issue as it is a play issue. If you want to be in the 2.2k range, then yeah you can play multiples. My suggestion would be to play two classes that are similar so that switching between them is not as hard to see if you enjoy doing two. Two melee with similar resource systems, two casters, two healers, etc. If you find that enjoyable and still have time then next season you can start a third a little bit later and not be too far behind.

Also, the more classes you play the better you will be in general. PvP is just as much about understanding the other classes strong and weak points and when you are in trouble and when they are in trouble.