Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Unless you're in a top end raiding guild; Why do you care really? I just want some god damn variety in the game; every class feels so identical, let's keep the races separate at least OK?
    ^This

The alternative view expressed in this thread, "Make everything not matter", just takes homogenization to the extreme. Part of the fun of Forsaken is being able to break fears this patch. It's one of those times where I think I'm glad I chose x. Trolls get theirs next.

Just let the game be fun without screeching at blizzard to optimize it to point of sterility.

Deleted
    Let's see, we have 5% damage.

And a haste buff.

Over CC reducing mechanics or outright avoidance mechanics. 5% damage is nothing compared to Worgen,Orcs,Tauren,Blood elves,Undead,Night Elves,Draenei,Gnomes,Goblins,Pandas and Humans in terms of outright flexibility and raid usage.

Hell only ones more useless are Dwarves.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    They already have better racials than many races for dps - even without Beast Slaying. Another flat 5% damage increase seems overkill to some, but nobody advocates that all their racials should be removed, obviously.
    Because a Haste boost for 5 seconds is great for everyone right? As a Death Knight I love the haste as it does... practically nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    does anyone else remember how a lot of stuff in wrath of the lich king was undead and paladins had a 100% chance to crit with exorcism? ( still remember lichborne dks and meta locks bitching about it lol )

not a big deal
    Yea but here we talk about 5% damage increase with everything you do, where trolls can be multiple classes against a single ability which was used by one class in particular spec.

Personally i'd be fine if they simply change the type of 2-3 "Beast Bosses".

Iron Qon Quilen -> Elemental (They are stone statues that throw Frost / Fire / Lightning around, not a huge leap)
    Magaera -> Aberration, read the Encounter Journal description and you know why
    Tortos -> Elemental, though a bit harder to explain here, Tortos is a Turtle / Crystal / Flesh shaping magic hybrid, the Bats are still Beasts however

Trolls can keep their racial and the usefulness of it limited to Horridon, Ji-Kun and partially Tortos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Personally i'd be fine if they simply change the type of 2-3 "Beast Bosses".

Iron Qon Quilen -> Elemental (They are stone statues that throw Frost / Fire / Lightning around, not a huge leap)
    Magaera -> Aberration, read the Encounter Journal description and you know why
    Tortos -> Elemental, though a bit harder to explain here, Tortos is a Turtle / Crystal / Flesh shaping magic hybrid, the Bats are still Beasts however

Trolls can keep their racial and the usefulness of it limited to Horridon, Ji-Kun and partially Tortos.
    Or, you know, they keep it as it is, because 5% damage is not a dramatic increase enough to warrant a loss of raid racial diversity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, why do people even care? I doubt that most of the people complaining are even in top guilds, so what is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Or, you know, they keep it as it is, because 5% damage is not a dramatic increase enough to warrant a loss of raid racial diversity.
    I think it was stated often enough in this thread that hardcore raiders will definetly do it, because having a Dps Advantage on 5 Bosses is quite decent.

And as Hardcore Raider, i'd be pissed off to change my Shaman to Troll, mostly because i have to pay for it.

Deleted
    I think it was stated often enough in this thread that hardcore raiders will definetly do it, because having a Dps Advantage on 5 Bosses is quite decent.
    Let's see, would I want a 5 second DPS increase on Horridan heroic....

Or a 2 second stun on a group wave.

Or a Blanket silence to stop casters.

Or a 10% HP heal.

Or escaping fears/stuns

Or avoiding aggro.

Deleted

Or a 10% HP heal.

Or escaping fears/stuns

Or avoiding aggro.
    Have you ever stepped a foot inside a raid?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Have you ever stepped a foot inside a raid?
    Have you? I know I'd rather stun the Gurubashi wave and silence them than have a 5% increase on the boss in heroic.

Or a 10% HP heal.

Or escaping fears/stuns

Or avoiding aggro.
    Because i need those things in a raid and everyone in a raid has to be race X to take the maximum advantage out of the racials you listed?

Have you? I know I'd rather stun the Gurubashi wave and silence them than have a 5% increase on the boss in heroic.
    Leg Sweep / Capacitator / Shadow Fury do a much better job there, DR and such.

Deleted
    Because i need those things in a raid and everyone in a raid has to be race X to take the maximum advantage out of the racials you listed?
    Can't have all of them if you're entire raid is trolls.

At best I see mages/hunters/Warlocks/Balance druids/ferals going troll, and they were already pretty good classes for troll anyway.

Edit: It's just Ironic that Trolls go from a very bad raiding race to the best in one raid. Astounding.

There is alot of Nature damage, will all tanks need to be Nelfs/Tauren/blood elves?

What are you even talking about here? Beast Slaying (which is what this thread is about) is always active. And Berserking is up for far more than 5 seconds per encounter. Even a single use lasts 10 seconds, which means half a minute per encounter is common.

That's like arguing that some boss will drop because Night Elf tanks (2% dodge, more than 1700 rating free), so healer instead of going oom will heal to the end. Definitely happens at some first kills, nobody sees that, nobody cares. And if you want to compare your logs to trolls when both of you are with full BiS (doesn't matter earlier since gear disparity will be far above that racial), you're really bored with game. Not to mention those are first bosses, if I had to guess Ra-Den will be real tight DPS check, not some Tortos, where you kill troll adds 80% time, then boss troll 15% time.
    Last edited by Valium104; 2013-02-10 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    What are you even talking about here? Beast Slaying (which is what this thread is about) is always active. And Berserking is up for far more than 5 seconds per encounter. Even a single use lasts 10 seconds, which means half a minute per encounter is common.
    Haste is still a very subpar stat for alot of damage dealers.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    That's like arguing that some boss will drop because Night Elf tanks (2% dodge, more than 1700 rating free), so healer instead of going oom will heal to the end. Definitely happens at some first kills, nobody sees that, nobody cares. And if you want to compare your logs to trolls when both of you are with full BiS (doesn't matter earlier since gear disparity will be far above that racial), you're really bored with game. Not to mention those are first bosses, if I had to guess Ra-Den will be real tight DPS check, not some Tortos, where you kill 80% time, then boss troll 15% time.
    All of the fights with Beast bosses are not DPS checks anyway.

Trolls can be any Class except Paladins, which have a lackluster AoE stun.

At best I see mages/hunters/Warlocks/Balance druids/ferals going troll, and they were already pretty good classes for troll anyway.

Edit: It's just Ironic that Trolls go from a very bad raiding race to the best in one raid. Astounding.
    Trolls is one of the best PvE Races since they changed Berserking to it's current state, almost for any Caster Troll is the best race.

There is alot of Nature damage, will all tanks need to be Nelfs/Tauren/blood elves?
    No, because you can't compare 1% less nature dmg to 5% dmg on Beast.

All of the fights with Beast bosses are not DPS checks anyway.
    You have already tried Heroic? please share your thoughts!
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-10 at 03:55 PM.

I'm not worried about a raid team full of Trolls. We get that in lfr. /budumtish

Joking aside, it just makes Horde have that much more of an advantage with their racials this tier (they always have a bit of a lead). It's not that big of a deal, but maybe, since blizzard likes to switch between 'extremes' they'll look racials next patch. I'm being optimistic here. :P
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

Deleted

Trolls were already the best choice for ferals, mages, moonkins and ferals already, independent of faction. Shadow priests too.

By the way, if you'd rather want a 2 sec 0,5 sec cast time melee stun rather than a 5% damage increase in raids then all I can do is facepalm... Ever heard of shockwave, leg sweep, shadow fury, remorseless winter, totemic projection + capacitator totem..?

Either you are trolling, or you must be having a real hard time beating those tough scenarioes...

Deleted

Trolls is one of the best PvE Races since they changed Berserking to it's current state, almost for any Caster Troll is the best race.
    Totally, because all the casters in every raiding guild were trolls right?

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Trolls were already the best choice for ferals, mages, moonkins and ferals already, independent of faction. Shadow priests too.

By the way, if you'd rather want a 2 sec 0,5 sec cast time melee stun rather than a 5% damage increase in raids then all I can do is facepalm... Ever heard of shockwave, leg sweep, shadow fury, remorseless winter, totemic projection + capacitator totem..?

Either you are trolling, or you must be having a real hard time beating those tough scenarioes...

5% beast increase was not an issue in any other raid, If Trolls were so amazing, we'd see more of them.

We don't,

Ergo, Trolls obviously are not the best raiding race for DPS.

If you mention casters as Locks, Mages, they want haste to caps and not care much. Compare this to Fire Mage Worgen - 1% crit is godly. Honestly, they should just remove that bullshit, this game needs variety, not everyone as trolls or humans in pvp. Removing racials would not homogenize at all...