Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Knowing Blizzard, about a month in to tier fifteen they're going to significantly nerf Beast Slaying, and then also Berserking for good measure.

Whats the point of having a racial if the one time it becomes useful you nerf it lol.... Thats the whole idea of a racial, is that that race has a leg up in select circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    What will that do? Alert blizzard that it's happening, meaning they'll have no choice but to buff Alliance racials for PvE.
    they know it's happening, they know horde racials are way better for pve, they are not stupid
    they just don't give a shit and are fine with their prefered faction having an advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about. Kill command's damage isn't affected and it is a 5% dps increase for classes who don't have pets. Every attack gets boosted by 5% so it would be a 5% dps increase. Simple math.
    It's not that simple and I'm not in the mood of explaining. Go simcraft. Some hints : it can be higher than 5% (crits more with higher base dmg etc.) or lower (5% of a big number is more than 5% of a lower number - and you can't just add attack to attack because of proc's, synergies, excessive scaling (like next ability X is boosted by 15% because of something) etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Valium104 View Post
    It's not that simple and I'm not in the mood of explaining. Go simcraft. Some hints : it can be higher than 5% (crits more with higher base dmg etc.) or lower (5% of a big number is more than 5% of a lower number - and you can't just add attack to attack because of proc's, synergies, excessive scaling (like next ability X is boosted by 15% because of something) etc.)
    It really is that simple. It's on average a 5% dps increase if you are attacking a beast. Let's say you do 100 attacks for 100 damage each before the racial, that would be

No racial total: 10,000-20,000
    Racial total: 10,500-21,000

Oh wait it scales linearly and we can see that 10,500 is 10,000 +5% and 21,000 is 20,000 + 5%. You don't know what you are talking about.

Also you can't bring up procs, rng crits and integral rotational abilities already in the kit of the class as a factor of determining the dps increase of the racial. You have it backwards.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-11 at 12:49 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chimaeron is a beast. You can even tell his stats by using Beast Lore. He's even listed under NPC's > Beasts on Wowhead.

Too bad Hydras can't be tamed.
    Probably got changed with 5.0.4

Before that he was uncategorized (as any Hydra) but got changed to Beast, because any uncategorized mob got flagged as Aberration.

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    I really wish racials were just cosmetic.
    I remember GC saying something on his twitter about how if he were to remake the game, he would remove racials. he didn't want players to choose a race -cough humans- because of their advantage in racial abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    5% dps increase....what a huge advantage, I could buy an elixir that gives more dps srsly. Crying kids get over it or pay the race change....
    what elixir might that be?

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    You don't seem to get us 2-3% of raiders (top 100 US) who give a shit about balance
    This made me lol. Top 500 world must be serious raiding.

5% is ok. Real men play undead anyways.

And wowtrack shows me as top 0.1%, so I'm even more serious than this guy lol.
    Last edited by veiledy0; 2013-02-11 at 03:07 AM.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

It really is that simple. It's on average a 5% dps increase if you are attacking a beast. Let's say you do 100 attacks for 100 damage each before the racial, that would be

No racial total: 10,000-20,000
    Racial total: 10,500-21,000

Oh wait it scales linearly and we can see that 10,500 is 10,000 +5% and 21,000 is 20,000 + 5%. You don't know what you are talking about.

Also you can't bring up procs, rng crits and integral rotational abilities already in the kit of the class as a factor of determining the dps increase of the racial. You have it backwards.

Sigh. Alternative costs. it's 5% increase for same character without beast slaying. You have to count loss of other racials
    Last edited by LazarusLong; 2013-02-11 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Sigh. Alternative costs. it's 5% increase for same character without beast slaying.
    Exactly! It's not like "oh you got a crit with beast slayer and this guy didn't therefore the dps increases is greater than 5%!". That makes no sense. They didn't know what they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Sigh. Alternative costs. it's 5% increase for same character without beast slaying. You have to count loss of other racials
    Well, then take Berserking into account as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Probably got changed with 5.0.4

Before that he was uncategorized (as any Hydra) but got changed to Beast, because any uncategorized mob got flagged as Aberration.
    No, he was a beast back in cata. Hydras are beasts FYI.

No, he was a beast back in cata. Hydras are beasts FYI.
    They are Beasts since MoP, Uncategorized as category got removed and any Uncategorized mobs got changed to Aberration or Beast.

Examples:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15305
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=6140

I took those NPC's because they no longer exist and therefore did not got updated by wowhead, they are flagged as uncategorized.

They are Beasts since MoP, Uncategorized as category got removed and any Uncategorized mobs got changed to Aberration or Beast.

Examples:
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=15305
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=6140

I took those NPC's because they no longer exist and therefore did not got updated by wowhead, they are flagged as uncategorized.
    You still have your info wrong. They started categorizing some hydras as beasts in 2.0.1.. They've been beasts for awhile now. Also not sure if we can trust those wowhead links cause wowdb's are showing as beasts http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/6140-hetaera http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/15305-lord-skwol

We will never know unless if you have some proof.

You still have your info wrong. They started categorizing some hydras as beasts in 2.0.1.. They've been beasts for awhile now. Also not sure if we can trust those wowhead links cause wowdb's are showing as beasts http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/6140-hetaera http://www.wowdb.com/npcs/15305-lord-skwol

We will never know unless if you have some proof.
    Taking a Comment from WoWhead:

"By Inhaler on 2008/11/07 (Patch 3.0.3)
    Hunter's should know that if you're Tracking Beasts she is not considered a beast, so do not rely on the minimap to pick her up."

www.wowhead.com/npc=6140#comments

And the wowdb doesn't really work here because it lists the "Race" of a Mob as well.

wowdb goes: Npc -> Beast -> Hydra -> Mob

wowhead goes: Npc -> Beast -> Mob

Because wowdb lists Hydra under Beast, any Hydra will be flagged as beast, even if there were not Beasts when they were in the game.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2013-02-11 at 10:50 AM.

Taking a Comment from WoWhead:

"By Inhaler on 2008/11/07 (Patch 3.0.3)
    Hunter's should know that if you're Tracking Beasts she is not considered a beast, so do not rely on the minimap to pick her up."
    Right, I never said they categorized all hydras in 2.0.1, they started doing so. That doesn't prove anything.

Right, I never said they categorized all hydras in 2.0.1, they started doing so. That doesn't prove anything.
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Gahz%27ranka

Hydra (Uncategorized)

It starts to get silly.

http://www.wowpedia.org/Gahz%27ranka

Hydra (Uncategorized)

It starts to get silly.
    Again, that doesn't prove anything. He was taken out in Patch 4.0.3a. You claim in mop they reclassified them, but yet you can't provide evidence because they were reclassified as beasts in cata, not MoP.

Again, that doesn't prove anything. He was taken out in Patch 4.0.3a. You claim in mop they reclassified them, but yet you can't provide evidence because they were reclassified as beasts in cata, not MoP.
    Then prove that they did so?

I Brought up the fact that they split up the Uncategorized mobs into Aberration or any other fitting type, which is likely that they did it for Hydras as well.