So I finally hit 80...

And Im not really sure what to do. Ive been playing this game solo with no guild just on my spare time so Im not really in tune with what goes on in the game.

I dont really know where to begin!

Where do I get gear? Do I buy if off the AH? do I craft it? Do I have to farm dungeons? Do I buy karma gear? Where Do I go to farm Karma?

I just don't even know where to begin!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

All of the above

but really, you can do any of the options you stated for gear unless there is a particular look that you want

Thank you Doozerjun! Is there any "best" way to do it? does one provide better gear the the other?
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."

You can craft exotic gear, buy it off the AH, run dungeons for tokens or farm karma for exotic gear.

Can go anywhere in the world to farm karma. Doing the daily & monthly are great sources of karma. Also map completing the 3 Orr zones will give a free exotic gear piece. Which you can use or sell/trade for a more agreeable piece.

There is no real best way. It's all about the same really.

Deleted
    Try to get 100% world map completion. I did it and it's quite satisfying, not to mention the gold you'd make from the orange armour rewards for completing the higher level zones (or just keep s your own).

Quote Originally Posted by Andyclan View Post
    does one provide better gear the the other?
    No, all of the exotic level 80 gear is the same. But there will be different stat allocations (power, precision, vitality, toughness, healing power, condition damage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Dulfy has listing of gear that you can get.
    http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-endgame-gearing-guide/

Only addition/change to that guide: last patch added exotic backpiece, amulet, accessory and ring to Orr temples aka you can now you get also those with karma http://dulfy.net/2013/01/28/gw2-new-orr-temple-exotics/

With my first toon I got cheap lvl80 Masterwork gear and then worked towards Exotics. With masterwork gear I could run dungeons and do WvW without feeling that I was not contributing to group. Hardest part was to plan what kind of gear I wanted (full berzerker or something with conditions or somethign else...). Karma comes fast from WvW and Orr. Dungeons give good money (AC is easy money, COF and Arah path2 are also good but harder).

If you continue to play solo you don't really need to worry about gear as long as you feel that you are not dying too much and things die at some point when you hit them. Don't stress about gear and ruin the game by starting to focus mainly gearing. Nobody cares if you do not have exotic gear on WvW, but dungeon pug groups may whine if you wear lvl60 items as lvl80.

Guild groups allowed me to get good money & gear for my ele (luckily she needed AC gear and people are running that several times a day for money). Those runs gave me enough money to get gear for my alts (last time I checked exotic berserker items on TP were ~4-5g, when fine items with same start collection were ~10s and Masterwork even less, stat difference is not that big). As you can see I am not even talking about Acended gear, I personally haven't started to run fractals to get them. I have too much other things to do in game.
    Last edited by mmoce60d2079f6; 2013-02-09 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    With my first toon I got cheap lvl80 Masterwork gear and then worked towards Exotics. With masterwork gear I could run dungeons and do WvW without feeling that I was not contributing to group. Hardest part was to plan what kind of gear I wanted (full berzerker or something with conditions or somethign else...). Karma comes fast from WvW and Orr. Dungeons give good money (AC is easy money, COF and Arah path2 are also good but harder).
    As a condition necro, I got my not-MF gear from HotW. All three paths are easy, with the only rough part being Andal the Vandal, and path 1 takes maybe 10 minutes to finish, depending on how much trash you skip.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    The best way to get exotic gear, definetely is by playing dungeons. You get gear from them and get rewarded with gold at the same time. If you plan to do it, you should probably craft level 80 rares with which you can play dungeons normally.
    PS:Crafting exotic level 80 items is a waste.

Deleted
    Congratulations. Dungeons are fun btw

10+ Year Old Account
    PS:Crafting exotic level 80 items is a waste.
    Not really. It's the easiest way to control your stats and not depend on other players for dungeon runs.
    Since the OP seems to be a loner, I'm not sure how comfortable he would be taking the dungeon plunge with random people.

I leveled with Artificing and Tailoring. Enabled me to craft everything I need except a weapon. Got my character full exotic in about a week or two.