Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    go watch Brandon Carter on youtube. He got some sick training videos and how to burn fat fast etc

Brandon carter have been sponsored by nike, adidas etc. He really got some sick tips man I can only recommend to watch his videos.
    Last edited by Hb; 2013-02-10 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Thats not possible. You dont gain muscle that fast.
    then explain to me why lifting the same weights was getting easier and easier, but my weight stayed the same for weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaiara View Post
    then explain to me why lifting the same weights was getting easier and easier, but my weight stayed the same for weeks.
    If you lose a pound of fat in a week, do you really believe you can gain a pound of muscle during that time? On a deficit? Learn over, learn right.

Deleted
    If you lose a pound of fat in a week, do you really believe you can gain a pound of muscle during that time? On a deficit? Learn over, learn right.
    it's not what I believe what happened, it's what DID happen, not only to me but to others as well.. so your comment doesn't really explain anything.

Deleted
    it's not what I believe what happened, it's what DID happen, not only to me but to others as well.. so your comment doesn't really explain anything.
    Hope you know your weight fluctuates every single day.
    And again since you dont seem to get it through your skull..... you cant lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle in a week.

Do you even know how muscle building works, and how much a pound of muscle is?

Deleted
    Hope you know your weight fluctuates every single day.
    And again since you dont seem to get it through your skull..... you cant lose a pound of fat and gain a pound of muscle in a week.

Do you even know how muscle building works, and how much a pound of muscle is?
    sure I know that my weight fluctuates.
    but talking about not understanding things.. where did I say I talked about only one day or one week?
    to quote my first post on that subtopic:
    so again, your post doesn't explain anything. guess I'll stop discussing as you might continue this pattern..

Deleted
    having 5/6 small meals a day ( 1500 to 1800 calories max ) + one of the meals is a protein shake

Wait, what? Do you mean 1.5 - 1.8k calories per meal? Or all 5/6 meals together. If you really consume only 1800 kcal a day, you should lose weight even if you don't do any workouts.

But yes, if you do lots of working out which is muscle training rather than cardio training, you replace fat with muscle, so to see the fat weight loss on the scale takes alot longer than when you just do sports that make you lose fats and build muscle alot more slowly. Yoga and aerobic is good for that but I'm sure you wouldn't want to touch that as a man .

Deleted
    1500 - 1800 all together

tomorrow is the weigh in day, so lets hope. fingers crossed

Deleted
    There's one simple solution to every single weight problem, eat less. Working out simply allows you to eat more, you can easily lose weight without working out at all. Being hungry isn't scary or dangerous, just ignore it (and it'll go away after a few hours).

Deleted
    sure I know that my weight fluctuates.
    but talking about not understanding things.. where did I say I talked about only one day or one week?
    to quote my first post on that subtopic:

so again, your post doesn't explain anything. guess I'll stop discussing as you might continue this pattern..
    Ofc you gain muscle on a deficit so weights become easier, but you cant gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn, thats impossible, especially on a deficit.
    You will gain some muscle, but not that much as you think. Muscle takes years of hard work.

Deleted
    I stopped reading right there, if you dont know anything you shouldnt really post. Christ.
    YOU CANNOT TURN FAT INTO MUSCLE.

Oh for gods sake, he did not mean literally.

he meant that at teh same time as you are burning fat off, you are also building muscle you wont do it at teh same rate, but it can slow down aparant weight loss at the start of a program if you dont realise its happening.

People often start workout programs and get discouraged because they are not losing weight fast, when in reality they are, but are also putting muscle on too which offsets it if you only consider your total weight.

But its good as muscle burns energy faster than fat, so more muscle will help get rid of the excess weight anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc7b2c979220; 2013-02-10 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    Oh for gods sake, he did not mean literally.

he meant that at teh same time as you are burning fat off, you are also building muscle.

To be honest, you know that, you are jsut trying to appear superior for no reason I can really understand. So why bother posting at all?
    Like ive said, yes you can build muscle on a deficit, but not as much as you people seem to think. You cannot physically gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn.

Deleted
    Ofc you gain muscle on a deficit so weights become easier, but you cant gain the same amount of muscle as the fat you burn, thats impossible, especially on a deficit.
    You will gain some muscle, but not that much as you think. Muscle takes years of hard work.
    depends on what you want to achieve.

you can quite easily get from moderately overweight down to well defined muscles that most people would be proud of in a year with the right training (and no dodgy steroids or that crap), its not really that hard to do if you do it right. Its a myth that its hard to attain, but it does require hard work and dedication.

10+ Year Old Account
    Losing weight is heavily affected by metabolism. If you're stuck, you might be forcing your body to lower its metabolism with small portions. I highly recommend paleo diet (which it seems like you're basically on anyways), but also if you're willing to experiment, eat as much as you want. Just make what you eat be the right stuff. Your metabolism might react as your body realizes it isn't in starvation mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    depends on what you want to achieve.

you can quite easily get from moderately overweight down to well defined muscles that most people would be proud of in a year with the right training (and no dodgy steroids or that crap), its not really that hard to do if you do it right. Its a myth that its hard to attain, but it does require hard work and dedication.
    Theres a difference between "hard work" and it being "hard"

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt it bad to skip out on bread and butter? I'm pretty sure theres something in butter that's ONLY in butter, but your body still needs it. I'm not 100% sure, but just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Losing weight is heavily affected by metabolism. If you're stuck, you might be forcing your body to lower its metabolism with small portions. I highly recommend paleo diet (which it seems like you're basically on anyways), but also if you're willing to experiment, eat as much as you want. Just make what you eat be the right stuff. Your metabolism might react as your body realizes it isn't in starvation mode.
    People have diff ways of burning fat and loosing weight but this quetzl is sayig something a lot of people dont know. you can workout all day but if your not also maintining your metabolism you wont get good results. The starvation mode he mentioned is when your body stores fat instead of burning it because you arent taking in the calories you need making some diets counter productive.

Also dont forget to hit the weights too. cardio does burn fat but maintaiing muscle also burns fat all day. Im not saying become HULK SMASH huge but a bit of muscle can help get you where you want and get some definition instead of lookin like a meme stick figure.

And it takes time. Dont loose hope you will get to where you want if you stick to it. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    There is no reason to not eat bread/butter.
    Butter is good, bread is not.

Butter is good, bread is not.
    Bread is a quick means to get solid carbs and simple sugars, and is cheap. The problem is that people at bread covered in cheese with bacon bits and sour cream in the volume of a loaf per day and then wonder why they're gaining weight. Bread AND butter are fine, just like everything else (including candy and alcohol). Just don't be an idiot and do ten shots a day or eat a bag of M&Ms as part of your regular diet; learn how to keep a regimen and learn how to eat in moderation. If you can't manage that, you're never going to lose weight.