Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not the internet fads that annoy me. It's the people who take the internet fads back to reality.

Because EVERYTHING turned into a meme/fad. Every, fucking, thing these days.

As for more recent things to hate: YOLO. The meme for "people" who think life is a highschool demographic and treats every day like a college party/break.

Forever hated? Hollywood and Auto-tunes.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

YOLO
    STAHP (probably the most unfunny meme to date)
    (facebook) Like this picture if _____
    One does not simply

Single moms pretending they are the most oppressed people in the world. I serious had to delete almost every single mom off my facebook, because they all posted stupid chainletter type post talking about everyone looks down on them and what not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaveros View Post
    MLP; self explanatory.
    Mary-Louise Parker?

She's sexy.

Deleted
    People sharing pictures of the food they are eating.

WoW is dieing or sub related threads.

"Just saying."

Fox news.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    those that grew up in the 80's swear the 70's were better. this idea is nothing new. i will say the music of the 90's overall was way better imo
    I feel like I am in the minority when it comes to this. We live in extremely exciting times! We're making progress on a lot of important fronts, with globalization as a fact. With regard to the music-part I feel the same way. Music today has never been at a better place ever. A genre will never die, and you are no longer limited by what is on the radio or the physical availability. You can listen to close to any piece of music your heart desires on demand, for free. We've come a long way of digitalizing the recording process, with people still choosing to record strictly on analogue (new MBV, anyone?). It has never been cheaper or easier to create your music, and get it out there. Never has it been easier to learn new instruments, either.

It boggles my mind how people claim to wish they were born in a previous generation. I wish I was born in the future, dude.

OnT: People who refer to image macros as "memes". Catchphrases that get old within hours but posted months later. A collective hive-mind that expresses immense hate (Chris Brown?) or great praise (Robert Downey Jr. (RDJ is Aphex Twin ), NPH, et cetera) towards an individual (or objects: bacon, beer, cake, whatever), regardless of the content or situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    As an Otaku and a trekkie I will disagree with the idea that these things are internet fads, I was an Otaku and Trekkie long before the Internet was a thing.

I was a trekkie as a small kid in the 70s, I even had a Fan Made Star Fleet Hand Book. I also fell in love with Japanese Anime fairly early on, I was a fan of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, Speed Racer, Kimba the White Lion, and The White Whale of Mu. During the 80's I was addicted to Robotech and the Star Trek Movies.

So Fandom is actually unrelated to the Internet.
    I enjoy star trek and star wars and many other things, but calling yourself a trekkie is what makes it bad. Maybe they aren't internet fads but it doesn't stop them from being annoying fads incorporated by people who can't figure themselves out. Enjoy what you enjoy because its entertaining or fun, don't define yourself with it.

---------- Post added 2013-02-14 at 11:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xindi View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post

4. People that use acronyms in real life >.<

What? so, you never say things like PIN, RADAR, LASER?

On that subject, tautologies like PIN number bug me. (I've even seen it refered to as one's 'personal PIN number')
    To add to my list, I dislike people who know what someones means, but still correct them to feel superior.

15+ Year Old Account
    Facebook. It's not Facebook per se, it's more how people behave. You don't have a social life! I do, 'cos I got 500 friends on Facebook. Person: You do nothing but sit behind your computer all day! Meanwhile, checking phone. Me: And you aren--- Person: Hold on, this guy just changed his status to single. Don't have time to listen right now.

Yea...

Twitter.
    Last edited by Statix; 2013-02-14 at 04:12 PM.
    Statix will suffice.

Not too much on the OP's list that are "internet things". Those of us who predate the internet and had to leave the house to interact with friends experienced all those thing back in the "olden days".

this "harlem shake" thing

Quote Originally Posted by huntypus View Post
    To add to my list, I dislike people who know what someones means, but still correct them to feel superior.
    For the record...the corrector's know that the people they are correcting know what they original meant. Ah, now to revel in my superiority for a few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    To list some:
    "YOLO"
    "swag"
    uhh, duckface, if that counts?
    Gangnam thingie (what ever it is, its annoying none the less)
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

MLP
    DYEL
    umadbro
    swag
    YOlO
    Meme's

Will be missed ~

Facebook/Twitter
    Use of the word "bro" pretty much anywhere
    Web pages that have bright green text on bright yellow backgrounds (extreme example there but I mean anything that's set up in a similar way to burn your eyes)
    Overused memes/catchphrases (swag, yolo, etc)
    Dumb/pointless comments on youtube, especially the "THUMBS UP IF YOU _______________" stuff
    Cam whores on youtube. Some of them show lots of cleavage and are nice to look at if you hit the mute button, but they're still annoying as shit if you don't
    People who use shortenings like "u" instead of "you"
    People who act like douchebags because they're anonymous on the Internet or act like they're badasses when they're really not. Gotta love all these "Olympic powerlifters" and "martial arts experts" you encounter in WoW.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2013-02-14 at 06:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Not too much on the OP's list that are "internet things". Those of us who predate the internet and had to leave the house to interact with friends experienced all those thing back in the "olden days".
    Too true.

I hate the "if you had these then you had a good childhood" things.

As for nice guys finish last, that is true when you are a teenager but when you meet real women and not stupid girls you realise how wrong it is.