Page 1 of 2
LastLast

so blizzard closed my account (not banned)

they closed it just because they thought it would be safe to do that because ive had my account hacked before that. well to get it back appernatly i have to print out a sheet and fill it out and mail it to them or scan it and email it to them. why such a hassle ? couldnt i just fill it out online or something. who here thinks this is stupid as fuck? i mean im not a huge fan of wow anymore but leveling is at least always fun with a friend and pvp is always fun like dueling

10+ Year Old Account
    I had to do this once too, because somebody else figured out my secret question, my email password, etc. I'm glad they close it like this and require me to send in my ID to change all my info, but I hate how much of a hassle it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Security measures in place to try to protect you. By making it a bit of a hassle, it makes it easier for them to be sure it's you, not someone else. I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    sooo....was it more of a hassle for this or when youaccount was hacked?

is it really that hard to fill out a paper and email it to them? what is that...8, maybe 10 minutes of time to get your account back safe and sound with all your shit in tact?
    and to KEEP IT THAT WAY?

your the kind of guy that would complain about having to go ALL THE WAY to the bank to cash in a lottery ticket! Whiney Bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Security measures in place to try to protect you. By making it a bit of a hassle, it makes it easier for them to be sure it's you, not someone else. I guess.
    Yeah, its sad. If I ever had to go through this to get my WoW account back..well I might just say goodbye. On the otherhand if I jump through hoops to get my account back..well than I know I have a problem and WoW has too much of a hold on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    they closed it just because they thought it would be safe to do that because ive had my account hacked before that. well to get it back appernatly i have to print out a sheet and fill it out and mail it to them or scan it and email it to them. why such a hassle ? couldnt i just fill it out online or something. who here thinks this is stupid as fuck? i mean im not a huge fan of wow anymore but leveling is at least always fun with a friend and pvp is always fun like dueling
    Blizzard just can't win can they? People bitch at them when their accounts get compromised demanding that they do something about it and when they do people bitch that Blizzard did what they told them to do. It is absolutely moronic.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I had to do this once too, because somebody else figured out my secret question, my email password, etc. I'm glad they close it like this and require me to send in my ID to change all my info, but I hate how much of a hassle it is.
    Yup same thing happened to me a while back. It wasnt terribly bad, but an inconvenience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yeah, its sad. If I ever had to go through this to get my WoW account back..well I might just say goodbye. On the otherhand if I jump through hoops to get my account back..well than I know I have a problem and WoW has too much of a hold on me.
    dude, anyone who feels this way should just quit.

think of the alternative? ALL YOUR SHIT IS GONE AND you dont have an account at all.

do us all a favor and quit now.

Complaining that your account is too safe.

I don't want to live here anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fuZinator View Post
    Complaining that your account is too safe.

I don't want to live here anymore
    take me with you!

MARS?

Oh to have a 100% secure and hassle-free system (impossible).
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    sooo....was it more of a hassle for this or when youaccount was hacked?

is it really that hard to fill out a paper and email it to them? what is that...8, maybe 10 minutes of time to get your account back safe and sound with all your shit in tact?
    and to KEEP IT THAT WAY?

your the kind of guy that would complain about having to go ALL THE WAY to the bank to cash in a lottery ticket! Whiney Bitch!
    8 Minutes? ROFL. You obviously have no idea how their customer service works. With something like this, it usually takes about a week. Yeah, that is ridiculous.

yeah okay you dont even know me noob

sorry its not just filling out a paper and emailing it to them i gotta do all this shit like scanning i dont know how to do shit like that. i was just wondering why they couldnt of just had it fill it online instead of in real life

oh yeah this is directed at mofalcon dude go fuckur self

yeah okay you dont even know me noob

sorry its not just filling out a paper and emailing it to them i gotta do all this shit like scanning i dont know how to do shit like that. i was just wondering why they couldnt of just had it fill it online instead of in real life

oh yeah this is directed at mofalcon dude go fuckur self
    If scanning is too hard for you maybe you should spend less time on WoW, and learn some basic computer skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    take me with you!

MARS?
    Even better, let's hit up Pluto. Less people out that way. :P

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had my account banned because apparently it was suspected for having been hacked. But I didn't have to do all that stuff to get it back, I just went through the normal password change and stuff. I added an authenticator after that as added security.

A friend of mine had to do this ID scan thing though. Make sure the picture is very clear and visible, or they won't accept it.

Deleted
    i was just wondering why they couldnt of just had it fill it online instead of in real life
    12 year old alert.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasco View Post
    12 year old alert.
    yea im 18 nice try

Deleted
    yea im 18 nice try
    Filling out paperwork in real life is hard?

Yeah man filling out a form and faxing it to them. Huge hoop and hasstle.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-02-10 at 06:35 AM.