New to LoL, looking for decent websites.

Hey guys I recently picked up LoL and I struggly to find any decent websites. I've been browsing through google but I'm having troubles seperating decent sites from trash sites, especially forums - most things I find are outdates or I can't tell if there are any good players around so that what I read makes any sense. Official forums are a mess so I stay away from that. Any good recommendations? (Specifically forums + good guides).

Deleted
    http://www.mobafire.com/

This is IMO the place for guides and builds of all kinds.
    Don't spend too much time reading up on guides and how to play the game, become better etc. etc.
    just play and you will improve faster than reading some text.

Ignore that, mobafire is trash.

Champion.gg gives you both the most common and highest winrate builds as far as runes, items and masteries.
    Probuilds.net gives you builds that pros have used recently on whatever champion you look up, take this one with a grain of salt as a non mid playing pro will be flagged as mid for playing something like LeBlanc and even if they play terribly and incorrectly it will show up here.
    Solomid.net/guides/ is basically better mobafire but they actually attempt to weed out low elo players writing guides when they don't know what they are talking about.

There are also the summonersschool subreddit, but I have no idea how quality it is, I've heard horror stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally use champion.gg
    The site gives you more or less all the information you need to play any champion in any lane its "common" to find that champion. The site uses a huge pool of plat+ ranked games, and gives you information such as: win rate, play rate, ban rate, Most frequent and highest winrate; summoner spells, start items, runes, masteries, core build and skill order. It also tells you your champion's winrate against most lane matchups.
    I really love this site, I have completely stopped using any other build/guide site after I discovered this one. Hope this helps

Edit: If you're the kind of person who likes to play champions in lanes thats often considered off-meta. This is not the page for you

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Hey guys I recently picked up LoL and I struggly to find any decent websites. I've been browsing through google but I'm having troubles seperating decent sites from trash sites, especially forums - most things I find are outdates or I can't tell if there are any good players around so that what I read makes any sense. Official forums are a mess so I stay away from that. Any good recommendations? (Specifically forums + good guides).
    good websites
    Probuilds
    champion.gg

good places to watch pros play and to watch stream vods of pro players. They're youtube channels btw.
    Tekk
    Kr replay
    Scrap computer youtube channel is great for teaching the basic stuff like how to play certain roles or wave control but watching and playing while actively trying to fix your mistakes will get you farther.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2016-02-13 at 01:35 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by agnow View Post
    mobafire/

This is IMO the place for guides and builds of all kinds.
    Don't spend too much time reading up on guides and how to play the game, become better etc. etc.
    just play and you will improve faster than reading some text.
    This is literally the mentality that gets people stuck in Gold or below.

Mobafire is a trash website. Look at builds (and own/enemy team comp) on Probuilds.
    Champion gg is also a decent site.

Research champions and how to play the game as much as you can, it will help you play more than you can realize. Think about the game and learn from mistakes the first time.

LoL is a strategy game based on resource management. Cooldowns, gold gain, map objectives are all resources you need to understand how to use.

Thanks for all the answers guys I got what I wanted, champion.gg looks really solid for statistics and builds. If anyone could suggest some good forums with knowledgable people posting that would be gold.

Side newbie question - I'm thinking about buying Tahm Kench, I really look his lore/looks and skills look fun too, I also like support/tank (love playing Braum), but I'm scared of buying Tahm Kench because all the websites rate him below averange and under 50% win rate. Is that hero trash, or are statistics just all over the place because he is new/hard? If anyone got some Tahm Kench exp, please share your thoughts, thanks!

Thanks for all the answers guys I got what I wanted, champion.gg looks really solid for statistics and builds. If anyone could suggest some good forums with knowledgable people posting that would be gold.

Side newbie question - I'm thinking about buying Tahm Kench, I really look his lore/looks and skills look fun too, I also like support/tank (love playing Braum), but I'm scared of buying Tahm Kench because all the websites rate him below averange and under 50% win rate. Is that hero trash, or are statistics just all over the place because he is new/hard? If anyone got some Tahm Kench exp, please share your thoughts, thanks!
    The problem with Tahm Kench is that he's a really unhealthy champion, and by this I mean that his kit is frustrating to play against. Right now I see him banned 24/7, I don't know if at higher elo's he's open (I'm currently G3). He's kinda fun to play IMO and you may learn to roam around with his ultimate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qeldin View Post
    The problem with Tahm Kench is that he's a really unhealthy champion, and by this I mean that his kit is frustrating to play against. Right now I see him banned 24/7, I don't know if at higher elo's he's open (I'm currently G3). He's kinda fun to play IMO and you may learn to roam around with his ultimate.
    He's not really a ban anymore at higher Elo from what I've seen. There's much more obnoxious shit to get rid of.

Yeah TK is playable again, no longer 100% ban. Great champion, probably the most fun one in the game IMO but yeah he is super cancerous to play against even in his nerfed state.

/r/summonerschool/

Can be circle jerky at times but overall better than general forums.

I personally use op.gg to find replays of 1% players playing X.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salim View Post
    /r/summonerschool/

Can be circle jerky at times but overall better than general forums.

I personally use op.gg to find replays of 1% players playing X.
    ^ Good website.

I also like using Lolnexus (bookmarked) for reviewing the stats of my match opponents during loading screens.
    Example: Enemy jungler has 300 games as Rengar, wins 65% of his Rengar games, and has a 4:1 KDR as Rengar: warn people about Rengar. Enemy ADC has 15 games played as Vayne - loses 70% of the time she plays Vayne - and has a 1:3 KDR on Vayne - as a jungler, I should bully botlane, because she'll hand out free kills. I should keep wards on enemy Wraiths, so I can keep tabs on Rengars clear timers and when/where he's likely to gank.

I'd also highly recommend grabbing the Curse Voice client too - lots of LoL integration there
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2016-02-25 at 12:38 AM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    I'm giving LoL another go, been playing a few games on and off over the years. I think it's mainly cause I never have anyone to play with.
    I'm starting again today on EU west, my account is not max level yet. If you feel like teaching a noob, or new yourself, give me a poke. I have a discord we can use too.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGenius View Post
    I'm giving LoL another go, been playing a few games on and off over the years. I think it's mainly cause I never have anyone to play with.
    I'm starting again today on EU west, my account is not max level yet. If you feel like teaching a noob, or new yourself, give me a poke. I have a discord we can use too.
    I could join you but don't think I can help you play better :P I could try. You didn't leave an username unfortunately :P

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I could join you but don't think I can help you play better :P I could try. You didn't leave an username unfortunately :P
    IGN is HexaDroid

7+ Year Old Account
    i havent found any sites that do guides right, honestly i prefer learning the game threw experience.

however there are some websites that imo are most have first is probuilds.net
    you can view everything you need for a champion easily, which helps a lot imo.

as for all this mobafire talk, i agree with most comment. i cant stand looking at a guide and see a book worth of text. dont got the time to read that.
    pro check out leagueofgraphs site for win rates and all that good stuff.

championselect.net - great for counters and tips
    op.gg - for ingame stats/masteries/runes and history

Guides are pretty hard to go off because of the nature of each game.

Example: i'm playing Darius top, the guide i'm reading always reccomends A Black Cleaver as the main first item, however I see I am vsing a Kennen Top a Diana Jungle and a Twisted Fate mid lane, rushing the Black cleaver would be suicide, and I need MR, well then what do I rush, that again depends on how the matchup is going, is kennen poking me a lot, is he pushing out making it hard for Diana to genk etc etc all these factos would slighty change my first purchase (Specters cowl into spirit visage or Hexdriner into Maw of Malmortius)

The best advice I can give is learn a select few champions, 2-3 champions per role and 2-3 roles, learn what is good on them (but by all means look at places like champion.gg) and buy to suit each game as it comes along.

Example from my recent played list: I have 6 Illaoi games in my recent list, 4 of the 6 I got a black cleaver, 2 out of 6 I got IceBorn Gaunlet, 5 out of 6 I got sterak's gage, 2 out of 6 I got a Spirit Visage and 1 out of 6 I got a Thornmail.

My build is varied because what I vs is never the same some core items pop up more then others (Black Cleaver and sterak's gage) however they aren't always the best buys in situations.

Maybe we can help more if we know what champions or what roles you like to play?

I actually also like mobafire.com. I haven't played LoL in a while but I found it pretty good after browsing many.