Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Big Love Rocket 0.03% drop chance.

What is it with Blizzard and randomly really really low drop chances. I know Reins of the Onyxian Drake was fixed in 5.1 to around 1%, perhaps its time they look into this one as well, I mean 1 in 3333 attempts ( according to wowhead ) is hearth-breaking to say the least.

After the latest "Sha/Galleon scandal" where thousands if not millions of loot tokens have been wasted, simply because the mounts didn't even exist (It seems to have been hotfixed within the last few days though). What is your thought about mounts like this, is it "ok" to have some close to impossible to obtain mounts? Or is it just like torturing people who like to collect mounts?

And yes, before you ask I will be doing the Heart-Shaped Box farming on 11 characters every single day the next 14 days, and I know I'll be hating the event even more before its over

On a side note, whats up with putting players outside the door, to wast 2+ minutes for every single attempt on that RP worgen!?

Last edited by Nelle; 2013-02-11 at 01:55 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    After the latest "Sha/Galleon scandal" where thousands if not millions of loot tokens have been wasted, simply because the mounts don't even exist.
    wat .

If you haven't heard there is no proof that anyone anywhere has looted the sha/galleon mount. After 4 threads and guildox's armory scans blizz has yet to make an official response

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    wat .
    link an armory from someone who has the mount. there are none, because the mounts aren't in the game despite what the loot tables say.

Deleted
    Blizzard makes the system and players choose to agonize over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has blizz even said the mounts didn't exist or there drop rate was bug/realy low? All i have seen is players guessing so far.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=heav

Sorry what?

oh wait

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=onyx

More!
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I'm fine with rare mounts, mounts like Al'ar, Onyxian Drake, Fiery Warhorse and so forth are already way too common these days. You can't prevent people from overgearing instances and raids and then farming these but such a low dropchance for an event mount isn't healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually seen people on the big love rocket... unless they broke it this year (which would be damn near impossible to say, as the event hasn't even been going for two full days,) it's in there... just... really rare.

No huge cry fest here... I love rare mounts, but I'd much rather have the Heavenly onyx drake than this... big... pink... love rocket.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    link an armory from someone who has the mount. there are none, because the mounts aren't in the game despite what the loot tables say.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=onyx

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=onyx

Should I go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I've actually seen people on the big love rocket... unless they broke it this year (which would be damn near impossible to say, as the event hasn't even been going for two full days,) it's in there... just... really rare.

No huge cry fest here... I love rare mounts, but I'd much rather have the Heavenly onyx drake than this... big... pink... love rocket.
    The rockets drop isn't broken, the op is just venting about how low it is. The sha/galleon scandal is because no one can find proof of one ever dropping out of the thousands if not millions of loots.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=onyx

There you go.

It looks like its been hotfixed as they are starting to crop up now.
    Last edited by razski; 2013-02-10 at 10:03 AM.

Hmm I missed that however after a quick glance through comments people are stating that after the Feb 9th reset the mount is now obtainable. An official blue response would be nice. Hopefully they don't sweep it under the rug

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    If you haven't heard there is no proof that anyone anywhere has looted the sha/galleon mount. After 4 threads and guildox's armory scans blizz has yet to make an official response
    This was already fixed like 2 days ago and someone got the Sha mount the same day or the day after. Just look it up on wowhead.

While low drop mounts can suck I don't see anything wrong with them. It gives you something to hope for and try for. Maybe the Love Rocket is a little extreme but I still know several people who have one so it's not impossible. Just have to be lucky, and otherwise there is always next year and the one after that etc. (Just to be clear I don't have it myself and am still okay with it).

Yeah the armory profiles you link, have shown up the last 2 days, it really do smell like a hotfix from blizzards side after the twitter response saying "We will look into it".

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Stop infecting every topic with that damned pathetic discussion. It's not ingame atm, the fucking end.

Deleted
    Tbh I prefer if the mount is really low , makes it even more exiting if you do get it..

If every one had the same mount it kind of seems a bit boring tbh.. (( dont flame me for wanting to be a special snowflake because I dont really care about this ))

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Stop infecting every topic with that damned pathetic discussion. It's not ingame atm, the fucking end.
    It is. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ed&filter=Onyx

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Woah idk what set you off. For many collectors wasting elder tokens on something that wasn't obtainable is quite disheartening. I'm fully supportive of low drop chances for vanity items, but I like to know I have a chance to obtain it.

Deleted
    Its to make it more special for those who do get it, but the flipside of the coin is a bit harsh, how would you feel if the droprate went up say 5% every 6 months?

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    strange because i've seen a guy on my server having the mount..