Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Woah idk what set you off. For many collectors wasting elder tokens on something that wasn't obtainable is quite disheartening. I'm fully supportive of low drop chances for vanity items, but I like to know I have a chance to obtain it.
    so that is the reason to post in nearly every mount topic "OMG SHA OR GALLEON MOUNT OMG LINK OMGOMG" like most sha/galleon kids do? >_>

I think it's fair that this mount is super rare, since the only other mount(s) that share this model are the expensive TCG ones, would be a slap in the face to the people that spent time getting money/farming gold to buy the TCG ones if everyone in their mother had this mount like the HH horse or the brewfest mounts.

Blizz should make all drop mounts a 1% chance.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by 0mnipotent View Post
    Hmm I missed that however after a quick glance through comments people are stating that after the Feb 9th reset the mount is now obtainable. An official blue response would be nice. Hopefully they don't sweep it under the rug
    Can't see obtaining the mount in any of the linked players histories...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Blizz should make all drop mounts a 1% chance.
    1/25 = 0,04% Sounds good to me. Keep it rare.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peteypuff View Post
    link an armory from someone who has the mount. there are none, because the mounts aren't in the game despite what the loot tables say.
    Someone just went full retard, I have a screenshot of a person riding the Galleon mount.

Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I think it's fair that this mount is super rare, since the only other mount(s) that share this model are the expensive TCG ones, would be a slap in the face to the people that spent time getting money/farming gold to buy the TCG ones if everyone in their mother had this mount like the HH horse or the brewfest mounts.
    I would love to slap in the face of people who use real money to buy game pixels mounts without any value at all.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Well I'll put my last post here regarding the topic. I am a fan of low drop chances, even tho I do not have any holiday mounts yet still obtained my jade kite. As far as Galleon/Sha it looks to be fixed, still awaiting a blue response.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Can't see obtaining the mount in any of the linked players histories...

1/25 = 4%

10 characters

I would love to slap in the face of people who use real money to buy game pixels mounts without any value at all.
    No value to you. However, who are you to tell anyone what they can or cannot spend their money on?

It might seem strange to you, but for someone who spends money on mounts it might seem strange that people buy cigarettes, or people who buy football t-shirts, or people who spend money on stamps.

Just because it isn't important to you, doesn't mean that it isn't important to someone.

(Note, I don't buy TCG mounts, and I mainly do the ones form blizz store when the profit is going to charity.)

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Math ain't your strong side. Is it? That would be 1 / 2500 not 1 / 25

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Umm.. im pretty confident i saw a scrubby dk on my server run off on his new galleon mount after the kill .. ummm ... about 3 months ago..

Can we get back on topic? The Galleon and Sha mount fiasco is over now that armory lonks have been provided (as were asked for!).

This is about the Love Rocket.

Nothing has any value.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    I'm fine with rare mounts, mounts like Al'ar, Onyxian Drake, Fiery Warhorse and so forth are already way too common these days. You can't prevent people from overgearing instances and raids and then farming these but such a low dropchance for an event mount isn't healthy.
    This, some so called rare mounts aren't even rare anymore, everyone is going around on Al'ar, and everyone has Fiery warhorse, There drop rates aren't low enough and the instances are too easy for anyone to do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    Like how my favorite Savage Raptor mount can be obtained by simply farming some bones next patch, but with a white hide color?

Don't think this is a fair comparison. Just because there is a TCG version of said model doesn't mean the mounts should be incredibly rare. Besides not many people want to ride around on a pink rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    1%/25 = 4%

10 characters
    Well meant 1%, thought that was pretty obvious. 1% is normal when the loot is shared across the raid, when everyone in the raid has a chance to obtain one(talking sha mount here) the chance needs to be lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    10 characters
    Doesn't it only drop in 25man? Never seen someone getting it from 10man.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Doesn't it only drop in 25man? Never seen someone getting it from 10man.
    He wrote "10 characters" cause there is a limitation on these forums where you cant post anything that contains less than 10 characters. So he wanted to meet that limit with the letters "10 characters"

Nothing to do with 25 or 10 man (characters)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    And yes, before you ask I will be doing the Heart-Shaped Box farming on 11 characters every single day the next 14 days, and I know I'll be hating the event even more before its over.
    You have a 4.40% chance of getting (at least) one mount for this entire event.

If you ran 11 characters, every day, for 14 days, over the course of ten years you still have almost a 2/3 (63%) chance to see zero mounts.

Yeah, a 0.03% drop rate is stupid.

I have no problems with the drop chance. I mean, do you need it to play the game?