Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Took me well over 200 runs account wide but i got that damn white chocobo.
    It took me more then 1.5K kills to get baron mount, I even got 3 swords from him...

And what is more fun is that there is one White Hawkstrider on BMAH atm Oh well

So, just curious to see peoples opinion on the suggestions I posted earlier.

*Keep once a day basis but higher the drop rate (brewfest ~4%?) or just standard 1%. (Thinking 4% would be flavored as it's 2 weeks / year event.)
    Pro's: The people who want it all will have higher chance for it.
    Con's: The mount may be too common, also it's a bit of a slap in the face to the ones who actually got one so I guess they wont be too happy (and Redmage)

*Revert the system to the old where you had limited summons on each char, so you can hard-farm it like before. (Wouldn't benefit casuals but wouldn't be worse than it is now)
    Pro's: The hardcore players can actually farm it once again like back in the days and this would higher the chances of getting it as well as adding the right to say "I've deserved this mount"
    Con's: In the end of the day, it's a pain farming it. With a 0.03% chance we're probably looking at thousands of runs before the probability is even close to nice. (Knowing it would take ~450 runs to have a 99% probability to get a 1% drop item.

*Add it to the Token vendor. Not 10 tokens, more like 5-10k Love Tokens while keeping the daily farming as it is. (In comparison the Love Bird is currently the most expensive item @ 270 Tokens.)
    Pro's: The players that really want this mount can now just hard farm it, knowing in the end of the road the reward is waiting, 100%. But not just like 1k marks, not sure 5-10k even qualifies to match the 0.03% drop rate. But hell, when did we last had a farm close to the Wintersabre in Vanilla, let alone gathering mats for Sulf/TF or getting R14. Also, the casual player base shouldn't complain, as the daily queue is still remaining so it wont make any difference, at all.
    Con's: If the number is too extreme in the sense of gathering x tokens within the 2 week time frame, it may have to be something you do over not 1 but 2 years. (Not sure the tokens remain after the event) and I know it could get frustrating. Also, there is always the rich / lazy players that buy their way to glory. (Charms/Tokens are not BoP) How ever, if the number is too extreme I guess saying "One does not simply buy 10.000 Love Tokens" would be correct.

Discuss!
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-02-12 at 12:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    luck
    Luck is an irrational notion stemming from a combination of the post hoc logical fallacy, wishful thinking, and a poor understanding of probability.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Wow!!!! A Colin Moriarty plagiarist. Isn't that special?
    Keep going and I bet everything will work fine for you as it worked for him.

BTW, do you know that since Moriarty's rant, IGN lost 2/3 of UIP and was sold for less than 1/6 of the amount of the previous sale?
    I literally have no idea who / what you are talking about.
    Last edited by Redmage; 2013-02-12 at 12:53 AM.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

What's goin on in here ladies
    Main- Mage
    Alt- DK
    Alt's alt- Pally

Good thing it is flamingly fugly.

Got this mount today, SUPER PUMPED.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    That would be nice. lol. I love this mount (yes even though it's pink), it just looks so darn cool. I've seen a few people with it over the years, but at the current drop rate, as cliche as this sounds, you might as well go buy a lottery ticket if you do end up nabbing this mount.

They should up the drop rate. I'm not talking 1%, but hell, I'd even be happy with 0.3% like the old Onyxian Drake drop rate. At least then it would be actually somewhat realistic that you could obtain it. JMO.
    I'd enjoy it if it was added to the BMAH listing too. << >> <<
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I literally have no idea who / what you are talking about.
    Yeah, you repeat the exactly expression he coined, and next you scream your ignorance about the author. Either this is a case of "the internets" where people think everyone will simply believe in anything written there, or you just act like a parrot and repeat everything you hear, without learning origin and context.

Neither looks cool or work toward building good reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    I'd enjoy it if it was added to the BMAH listing too. << >> <<
    5.2 stuff or have it been running for some time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
    So, just curious to see peoples opinion on the suggestions I posted earlier.

*Keep once a day basis but higher the drop rate (brewfest ~4%?) or just standard 1%. (Thinking 4% would be flavored as it's 2 weeks / year event.)
    Pro's: The people who want it all will have higher chance for it.
    Con's: The mount may be too common, also it's a bit of a slap in the face to the ones who actually got one so I guess they wont be too happy (and Redmage)
    I pick this one. Because realistically speaking, they will not revert to the old method of summons (which, if I'm not mistaken, was never used for the Apothecary Trio, just the Horseman/Direbrew). Farming for the tokens while keeping this drop rate would be an option too, but after the whole "too many dailies" complaints people have (silly as they are), I strongly doubt such a grind would be well received, even though the mount isn't required for the meta achievement.

But then again, I doubt they'll do anything about the mount. They think it's fine, despite how wrong that might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats rarer a chance at the big love rocket or with Blingtron giving you an engineering mount? Bling just gave me one of the rockets the other day so it may end up being my consolation prize if I cant get the love rocket once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP:

You claim you "know" Ony drake droprate was buffed, yet you provide no blue source to confirm it.

You claim "Sha/Galleon" mount conspiracy was a for sure 100% thing, again not providing any blue source to confirm it...

It's all a bunch of hearsay you're spewing about and quite frankly it just comes across as a whiny baby
    "QQ BLIZZ IS MEAN, MOMMMY!!! MAKE THEM GIVE ME MY MOUNT"

ps... is this your first ever love is in the air holiday? those extra worgens haven't always been there,
    but you'd know this if you weren't still a baby to this game.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Whats rarer a chance at the big love rocket or with Blingtron giving you an engineering mount? Bling just gave me one of the rockets the other day so it may end up being my consolation prize if I cant get the love rocket once again.
    I might be wrong, but the Blingtron giving a mount might be very close to the Pink Rocket's drop rate. In other words, you lucky bastard
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    @OP:

You claim you "know" Ony drake droprate was buffed, yet you provide no blue source to confirm it.

You claim "Sha/Galleon" mount conspiracy was a for sure 100% thing, again not providing any blue source to confirm it...

It's all a bunch of hearsay you're spewing about and quite frankly it just comes across as a whiny baby

ps... is this your first ever love is in the air holiday? those extra worgens haven't always been there,
    Why does everyone demand evidence all the time? lol. When something is obvious it is obvious. Blizzard do many things that go undocumented.

The Onyxia droprate was buffed, look around you in the main city, notice that suddenly there's 10 x the amount you saw a month or so ago? They also changed the wording on the website from "Extremely Low" to "Very Low".

The Sha / Galleon mount couldn't be more obvious. For example my server has a huge population, not one person won the mount since MoP's release. Since the rumored hotfix we've had 2 Galleon mounts drop. There's no evidence to show that any of these mounts dropped prior to the hotfix just people claiming they saw the mount.

Can't believe the amount of people that need to be spoonfed the obvious.

you arent supposed to farm mounts like that.You get it as a bonus if you are lucky

I got the brew fest kodo a long time ago, thought it was very rare. I would love a big love rocket....

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Why does everyone demand evidence all the time? lol. When something is obvious it is obvious. Blizzard do many things that go undocumented.

The Onyxia droprate was buffed, look around you in the main city, notice that suddenly there's 10 x the amount you saw a month or so ago? They also changed the wording on the website from "Extremely Low" to "Very Low".

The Sha / Galleon mount couldn't be more obvious. For example my server has a huge population, not one person won the mount since MoP's release. Since the rumored hotfix we've had 2 Galleon mounts drop. There's no evidence to show that any of these mounts dropped prior to the hotfix just people claiming they saw the mount.

Can't believe the amount of people that need to be spoonfed the obvious.
    A) no, all i see is a bunch of people on ashes
    B) Can be people getting lucky, granted blizz, probably did bump up the drop rate a lil bit.

Deleted
    I lol so hard at all these 'collectors' going boo-hoo-50-toons-4-tears-no-mount-I-deserve... you deserve nothing, since the purpose of it's existence isn't something someone can deserve... just be lucky and learn to live with the fact you will never have this

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    @OP:

All I see here is a lot of bullshit. To start off at the drop rate, it is indeed buffed. OP ain't one of the, as you like to call them "QQ BLIZZ IS MEAN, MOMMMY!!! MAKE THEM GIVE ME MY MOUNT" kids. First off the armory drop rate on the mount is changed from "Extremely Low" to "Very Low". Then, a lot of people gets it within a pretty small time frame and for being an Extremely Low drop, that is no coincidence.

Second, you say that the Sha/Galleon is a conspiracy based on the lack of proof, yet, no one has been able to link an armory with someone having the mounts before the claimed fix.

I won't respond to the third line so jumping to your last "ps" part instead. Yeah, you do have a point here but that doesn't mean thy should move the spawn (of players) 15 yards to the correct side of the door. Similar thing happened at Brewfest, which was kind of confusing as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    I lol so hard at all these 'collectors' going boo-hoo-50-toons-4-tears-no-mount-I-deserve... you deserve nothing, since the purpose of it's existence isn't something someone can deserve... just be lucky and learn to live with the fact you will never have this
    No one said they deserve anything. Because we don't. Are you people really gonna start with that argument, and the whole Sha and Galleon bullshit again?

Quote Originally Posted by Lulleh View Post
    I won't respond to the third line so jumping to your last "ps" part instead. Yeah, you do have a point here but that doesn't mean thy should move the spawn (of players) 15 yards to the correct side of the door. Similar thing happened at Brewfest, which was kind of confusing as well.
    We always spawned after at the stairs every year, even after SFK was revamped. Dunno what happened with the spawn point this year.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2013-02-12 at 01:46 PM.