Thread: Shield DPS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It wouldn't work as a rogue spec, they'd have to add agility shields or something. Blizzard is not interested in making a sort of items that only a single class and spec can use.
    Its good reasoning to not implement a new system like this for rogues, we dont need more item bloat.

Problem is, is that blizzard has been doing this for years: Healing plate
    In a less strict sense with only 2 specs that can use it: Caster Mail, Caster Leather, Tanking Shields, Caster Fist Weapons, Tank Swords (before DKs)....

So on and so on.

There is already too much bloat as is, and blizzard / the playerbase are too afraid to homogenize the armors and shields so that all specs use a single type of armor/shield. Much like how blizzard combined spell dmg and healing into a single stat, spell hit and melee hit into a single stat, spell crit and melee crit into a single stat, etc. , fixing our bloated item system would do wonders to fix item loot issues, save on system resources, and player bag space; as well as layout a system where implementing band new character specs and classes would be a ton easier.

I had a sigh of relief when monks were implemented, because now someone else was able to use all that caster leather. Thats not a good thing to be thinking or design when it comes to itemization.

Aside from that, I dont see a problem with the current system, with adding agi shields and letting rogues use them. This doubles as letting shaman use them as well, so you already broke the (Only 1 spec) clause of itemization. It also means itll make giving shaman and rogues....their "tanky" specs back, should blizzard decide to do so with the possible 4th specs for classes other than druids. Its a win / win in either case.

a lancer class would be interesting for example
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Back in Cata, I used to DPS in my Prot spec. I would just throw on Berserker Stance and stand in the fire every once in a while to build up Vengeance. It wasn't effective, but I made it work.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k 3.4GHz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3-1866 | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB (2-Way SLI) | Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45
    Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler; 200mm Fans x3; | Case: HAF 922 | PSU: Corsair Pro 750W

80+ FPS in Raids on Ultra. Stay mad.
    This setup no longer hits 80+ FPS in raids on Ultra. Stay sad.

Sword&board dps class would be very nice indeed.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Uhh, yeah they did. It's even in the name. SwashBUCKLER.
    ... Yeah... Despite the name, being a Swashbuckler doesn't have squat to do with an actual buckler. A Swashbuckler is an archetype, like Zorro, The Three Musketeers, Robin Hood etc, in other words a flamboyant hero, rescuing damsels in distress, all while laughing and sporting a fantastic moustache. So while originaly the term Swashbuckler meant someone who fought with a side-sword and a buckler, the term changed meaning a few hundred years ago and these days when you hear the term, don't think someone who fights with a buckler - think pirate or Zorro instead.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    ... Yeah... Despite the name, being a Swashbuckler doesn't have squat to do with an actual buckler. A Swashbuckler is an archetype, like Zorro, The Three Musketeers, Robin Hood etc, in other words a flamboyant hero, rescuing damsels in distress, all while laughing and sporting a fantastic moustache. So while originaly the term Swashbuckler meant someone who fought with a side-sword and a buckler, the term changed meaning a few hundred years ago and these days when you hear the term, don't think someone who fights with a buckler - think pirate or Zorro instead.
    You're all arguing semantics...
    Ive been playing my paladin since vanilla and I don't recall the inability to use "bucklers." Can anyone verify this? Edit: Found it.
    Besides adding a new spec for vanity, as this is all it is, it unneeded in the game right now... being able to transmog a OH weapon to a shield would be interesting though.

Edit: "At the beginning, there were shields and bucklers. Rogues and Hunters could use bucklers, but they later removed them, and Rogues/Hunters couldn't equip shields anymore. There are still bucklers in game, but they are labeled as "Shields"."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...know-about-WoW

I can honestly say I have no recollection of a rogue or hunter with a shield on...
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2013-02-10 at 07:57 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    You're all arguing semantics...
    Ive been playing my paladin since vanilla and I don't recall the inability to use "bucklers." Can anyone verify this? Edit: Found it.
    Besides adding a new spec for vanity, as this is all it is, it unneeded in the game right now... being able to transmog a OH weapon to a shield would be interesting though.

Edit: "At the beginning, there were shields and bucklers. Rogues and Hunters could use bucklers, but they later removed them, and Rogues/Hunters couldn't equip shields anymore. There are still bucklers in game, but they are labeled as "Shields"."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...know-about-WoW

I can honestly say I have no recollection of a rogue or hunter with a shield on...
    The hunter/rogue buckler bit is from WoW alpha and/or US closed beta, so we are talking freakisly early stuff here.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann