Thread: Shield DPS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    settle down bro, its a fun discussion that you're taking waaaay too seriously.
    Sorry you misinterpreted my words, try not to look at things so negatively.

Deleted
    why cant we dualwield shields?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Okay, first of all, it says in combat's very description that it's swashbuckler.

Secondly, when I say "or bandits", it's "or bandits" as in "or they could be bandits" expressed as a personal opinion.

Thirdly, talk about pointless thing to whine about.

And lastly, stay on topic please.
    I don't see that tab or description anywhere. And don't make off topic posts to tell people not to post off topic. What's the point?

Deleted
    didnt blizzard orginally in alpha or beta intend too let rogues and hunters use a weaker version of a shield. (forgot the english name of such shields)
    which is amongst the reasons why you find several really tiny shields in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Vanilla alpha, "Bucklers" and "Shields" were seperate weapons mechanically. Paladins and Warriors could use shields. Bucklers were used by Shaman, Rogues and Hunters. The return of the distinction might some interesting gameplay make.

Edit: Totally didn't see the post of the guy above me, but I feel that this was accidentally a proper response.

Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    didnt blizzard orginally in alpha or beta intend too let rogues and hunters use a weaker version of a shield. (forgot the english name of such shields)
    which is amongst the reasons why you find several really tiny shields in game.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I don't see that tab or description anywhere. And don't make off topic posts to tell people not to post off topic. What's the point?
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#r|

You can also look in-game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Specialization window. Click a spec, and they all have a short description. That's Combat's.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    In Vanilla alpha, "Bucklers" and "Shields" were seperate weapons mechanically. Paladins and Warriors could use shields. Bucklers were used by Shaman, Rogues and Hunters. The return of the distinction might some interesting gameplay make.
    Exactly. Though at this point it would be hard to implement it for hunters, now when melee slots are shared with ranged weapons. It would be cool for rogues or enhancement, but I prefer rogues in this case. Enhancement shamans already are fairly unique as it is, whereas the rogue specs don't differ as much from each other as for example enhancement or elemental does.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't work as a rogue spec, they'd have to add agility shields or something. Blizzard is not interested in making a sort of items that only a single class and spec can use.

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#r|

You can also look in-game.
    Thank you. I saw it. But don't you think this would just lead to people complaining about their numbers more than they already do? Coming out of Classic, Blizzard said they didn't want to make classes able to tank, but not as good as the other tanks. Like Druids were, for example. So I don't see them going back on that, especially when a half tank is never needed or desired.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    It wouldn't work as a rogue spec, they'd have to add agility shields or something. Blizzard is not interested in making a sort of items that only a single class and spec can use.
    Holy Paladins say hello.

Deleted
    I've always thought that Paladins should all use shields, even ret. It just fits my idea of a paladin for some reason.

Deleted
    Thank you. I saw it. But don't you think this would just lead to people complaining about their numbers more than they already do? Coming out of Classic, Blizzard said they didn't want to make classes able to tank, but not as good as the other tanks. Like Druids were, for example. So I don't see them going back on that, especially when a half tank is never needed or desired.
    This is about shield DPS. Nowhere did anyone say anything about tanking.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    I've always thought that Paladins should all use shields, even ret. It just fits my idea of a paladin for some reason.
    Thing about paladins is that they've always used 2-handed weapons. The paladins in WC3 used large 2-hand maces.

I'd agree with this if they could bring out a Captain America transmog.

This is about shield DPS. Nowhere did anyone say anything about tanking.

---------- Post added 2013-02-10 at 06:15 PM ----------

Thing about paladins is that they've always used 2-handed weapons. The paladins in WC3 used large 2-hand maces.
    And what about the complaints that will happen from imbalance of numbers? People already complain about that a lot. Do you choose less dps for the vanity of having the shield or are you taking the shield as a better option compared to a mace or a dagger? If it's only about damage and not taking additional damage, then you would have to do the same dps with a shield and a dagger compared to a dagger and a dagger. And if you're doing that, what's even the point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad fury warriors can't dual wield polearms.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/95498-bo-...r-in-the-night

Dual Wield away
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    And what about the complaints that will happen from imbalance of numbers? People already complain about that a lot. Do you choose less dps for the vanity of having the shield or are you taking the shield as a better option compared to a mace or a dagger? If it's only about damage and not taking additional damage, then you would have to do the same dps with a shield and a dagger compared to a dagger and a dagger. And if you're doing that, what's even the point?
    I think there's room for a lot of interesting mechanics if shields are used as DPS tools. If it was my way, then yes, it would be superior to an OH weapon. There's already plenty of DW specs (enhancement, assassination, subtlety, fury, frost, isn't Windwalker DW as well?), so seeing something special for a change would be fun imo.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    Still can't DW it. TG only allows you to DW axes, maces and swords. The reason is that when you dw a 2h, the animation turns into the 1h animation. Spears and Polearms does not have any 1h weapons who they can borrow animations from.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    No, they can't dual wield polearms because they use different animations and there's no DW polearm animation. It sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    As far as I know, swashbucklers never actually used shields. Look at any pirate reference, and you won't see a shield anywhere. They typically fight with 1 sword, a cutlass to be specific, but it's not uncommon to find them holding 2.
    Uhh, yeah they did. It's even in the name. SwashBUCKLER.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love it if there was a literal "Sword and board" DPS class. Or even the ability to transmog off-hand items (not weapons) into shields.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)