[PTR] Question on Ring of Peace

Does "harmful spells" include CC like poly/fear/roots/etc or does it have to be a damage dealing ability?

"Harmful spells" is speak for anything that is targeted at a hostile. So should be able to spam heals all day long inside rings of peace without triggering the silence.

Which defeats the purpose. How to take a good spell and nerf it to never be used.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

What? Well if it will never be used, I'm sure that any class that ever dies to spells or melee would accept it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Which defeats the purpose. How to take a good spell and nerf it to never be used.
    I don't think it defeats the purpose at all. It can be used defensively and offensively, it still moves with the target and I can see it being a pretty damn good gamechanger in clutch situations. Giving a movable Solar Beam that also disarms was way too OP for us, I feel this is pretty good the way it is. I'll be using it over Leg Sweep more than likely.

To answer the question, I'd have to say (purely on guessing and how mechanics currently work in-game) that CCs would still be castable in RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    well it is called ring of peace...so peaceful moves like healing should be fine, the old version should of been called ring of COME AT ME BRO I BREAK UR KEYBOARDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    well it is called ring of peace...so peaceful moves like healing should be fine, the old version should of been called ring of COME AT ME BRO I BREAK UR KEYBOARDS.
    Healing someone who is bashing someone else's head in is not peaceful... healing is part of conflict...but anyway, common sense aside, the spell should not be so useless against healing.... melee can already barely get into RBGs so this spell really should be stronger against casters rather than an insta-win against melee.

Anyone on ptr able to confirm if it works on casted cc or roots? Does it proc the silence?

---------- Post added 2013-02-12 at 12:55 AM ----------

Anyone have a direct answer