Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-mens-sneakers

Almost there, not far to go, but only 3 days to go.
    And contrary to what some people on this forum said, they can't be that bad since they were featured on a gay men's website ;D
    http://www.out.com/fashion/truman-sa...-kicks-started
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxyra View Post
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-mens-sneakers

Almost there, not far to go, but only 3 days to go.
    And contrary to what some people on this forum said, they can't be that bad since they were featured on a gay men's website ;D
    http://www.out.com/fashion/truman-sa...-kicks-started
    Don't always trust gay men when it comes to fashion, they can get it wrong as much as any straight man. Any of those with the white sole are just ghastly, the others are not bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Don't always trust gay men when it comes to fashion, they can get it wrong as much as any straight man. Any of those with the white sole are just ghastly, the others are not bad though.
    Mm, although as far as I'm aware, based on all the responses I've seen and updates from the creator guy, you can choose whatever colour sole/leather top/bottom parts you want, the base colours are more there as examples for the style than actual colourations.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

And here I thought $60 for a pair of shoes was overkill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags- View Post
    And here I thought $60 for a pair of shoes was overkill.
    For trainers, sure.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    For trainers, sure.
    You cannot put a price on good footwear, any runner will tell you that. if I had sprung for expensive trainers 10 years ago rather than going for what was on offer at the time, I may not have shin splints today.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think those shoes are utterly hideous, but I couldn't care less what people wear so long as it doesn't harm me physically. Wear whatever you feel like!
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Those N7's are dope

Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    If I can't wear Nike Vandals or Cons I'm not going.

That said, yeah the kickstarter link didn't exactly have me scrambling for my wallet, they all look pretty vile to me. Different strokes I guess.
    Problem (for me personally): You see to many styles with white soles in the video and in the top section of the description of the project.

Black soles (imho) should have been the norm for all non-"sneakery" styles as I personally can't think of a reason why anyone would prefer a white sole over a black one on any shoe/boot that isn't a sneaker - if only for practicability reasons.

Edit: I don't have a problem with the project itself and I even like some of the styles with the black soles.

I like the idea, a lot. I do a lot of walking for work and love dressing up and dress shoes can become uncomfortable after a while. However, the soles of those shoes kills the deal.

You cannot put a price on good footwear, any runner will tell you that. if I had sprung for expensive trainers 10 years ago rather than going for what was on offer at the time, I may not have shin splints today.
    This so many times over. In high school I had a couple very cheap pairs of running, jumping, and sprinting shoes. If I had spent a little more on my jumping shoes (Main events were triple jump and long jump) I wouldn't have had multiple stress fractures in my ankles. So yea, depending on what the occasion is for said shoes, you can't spend enough.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 01:44 PM ----------

OT: I have a pair of sperry topsiders I purchased at Macy's for $49.99 that look a bit like those hush puppies linked earlier but, instead, are suede. And if you haven't worn a pair of sperry's before, they are incredibly comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    I could wear an Armani suit, be covered in tattoos, have pink sunglasses on, wear my all stars, hair combed to the back and be perfectly stylish.
    That's super hot. Just saying.

Worn right, men in converse are sexy as all getout. Especially with a nice suit, in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post

Worn right, men in converse are sexy as all getout. Especially with a nice suit, in my opinion.
    i find converse all stars to be one of those types of shoes that both sexes look equally good in.
    although i find women to be just as sexy in them....just saying.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2014-06-03 at 07:06 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Just stay away from brown.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Just stay away from brown.
    do you mean brown as a color?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Those are some ugly shoes. Buy some boots

Never been a fan of chucks... vans for me, or Nike Janoskis, or boat shoes or flip flops.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    This is of course very true, however I get the vibe from the "60 dollars is overkill" heads that they weren't overly concerned with "good" footwear and were talking from a comfort / casual style aspect. When it comes to actually being active, it's a huge mistake to go with the bargain on your running shoes / work boots.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    A good pair of crocs is all you need if you want to be a succesful and stylish man...

Stylish, succesful and man are all broad terms, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillah View Post

Don't. Ever. Breed.

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-02-27 at 01:54 PM.