Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gara'Jal 10 man Heroic - Advice needed!

Hi,

we recently started to go MC HC. First 2 bosses are no problem. At all.
    But Gara'Jal. Our best try was 1.5%, but we don't beat the enrage timer.

Important note: We are no progress guild, nor do we go HC when it's actual content. This is totally new to us.

Setup: DK - Blood and Frost, Shaman - Resto/Ele and Enh, Monk - WW, Paladin - Prot and Holy, Priest - Disc, Mage - Fire, Warlock - Dunno what spec...

As you can see the setup is not ideal. And we can't change it. Why? Because we like the class we play and this is alright.

So here's the problem. We all have 490+ Itmlvl and can't seem to find any great issues why we shouldn't be able to kill him.
    DPS is good, everybody does at least 80k. The healing is good. When somebody dies it's because of lack of concentration or a stupid mistake.

We watched several guides.

We start off with heroism. And no one gets down until heroism has faded. The adds are no problem at all. We kill almost every add.
    Problems are sometimes communication. Which healer has to go down, or what dd is available. But that's about it.

Maybe you can point out some tricks/hints you have.

Thanks in advance

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you three-heal or two-heal this fight?

Just from what I see, it doesn't look like you have many strong classes for going in the totem. Maybe the warlock should whenever he can. What our group does is if you CAN go into the totem, you should call yourself out. Because chances are, if you CAN go in, you have to. Of course the issue COULD be that you're not geared enough? Our group's dps have an average ilvl of around 496 and we still only downed him by about 10 seconds. I would ask for logs, but those aren't very helpful on Gara'jal (for obvious reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Static Transit View Post
    Do you three-heal or two-heal this fight?

Just from what I see, it doesn't look like you have many strong classes for going in the totem. Maybe the warlock should whenever he can. What our group does is if you CAN go into the totem, you should call yourself out. Because chances are, if you CAN go in, you have to. Of course the issue COULD be that you're not geared enough? Our group's dps have an average ilvl of around 496 and we still only downed him by about 10 seconds. I would ask for logs, but those aren't very helpful on Gara'jal (for obvious reasons).
    Well, my personal GS is 493, can boost it to 495 but that would require a less scaling trinket and going two handed. (I'm the frost dk)
    But everyone is definitive over 490.

And logs...we don't log the fights :/
    Here it makes no sense non the less. Unless everyone logs.

one little thing that could help, is once your reaching that near 30% benchmark, sacrifice the tank that gets banished. Have him do as much dmg as he can, then brez him once he dies. itll get that extra little dps that could help.

Can't tell you much more than to step up your DPS. Your DPS is obviously doing something wrong if people in ~475 gear were able to tackle it the first week and your ~490 raid is having issues with it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    IF everyone is 490 + you should be able to kill it fairly easy, the boss is only really a problem if you're undergeared which you are not for MSV hcs. How long does your dpsers stay down? They should go up asap, and yea send your lock down alot, he can just dot everything up and resurface and it will die. Tell people to go check guides out on how to optimize their dps. And start logging fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesà View Post
    Can't tell you much more than to step up your DPS. Your DPS is obviously doing something wrong if people in ~475 gear were able to tackle it the first week and your ~490 raid is having issues with it.
    It was done by stacking mages spellstealing the buff from caster trash mobs...?

Deleted
    If your having problems deciding who should go in to the totems quick enough etc, try using the addon gara'jal announce it's available on curse, as long as everybody sets their role correctly, and the person with the addon is raid leader/assist then every totem that person will /w the 3 people to go in, prioritizing healers by mana, and announce the 3 targets as a rw, it makes that side of the fight pretty simple.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/garajalannounce

edit:addon link

Today we arrived the same boss with as setup:
    Tanks: Warrior + DK
    Healers: 2x Priest
    DPS: Shaman ele (Heal offspec), Shaman Enh, Monk WW, Mage, Druid Balance (heal offspec), Hunter.

But our problem is.. we can't find a decent tactic for it.. We would love to 2 heal it (since our healers are good anough).
    But what totum to skip? Who to go in? What groups?

We had a lucky kill on Feng... Our dps is between 70-100k. And our ilvl is around 493

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our comp's not amazing either, but it's still doable. This is what we ran with last night:
    Tanks: Blood & BM - Heals: Disc & R-Sham - Dps: Frost DK, Arcane Mage, Ret Pally, Ele Sham, SV Hunter, Feral Druid
    We have no boomkin or spriest, yet we kill him easily. Our own personal issue was that we'd run into times where neither healer could go in (one recently went in + the other is still voodooed). We NEVER sent in our ele shaman unless this happened so that he could pop his cd that allows him to do sufficient heals. As for enrage? We never have an issue with that (gear is 493ish average though), so I'm not sure of what to suggest for ya. Send in people with good burst/aoe. I as a Frost DK was always high priority on going in for our comp because I can run up to a group of adds and nuke the crap out of them. Excellent burst. SV Hunter & Feral Druid were sent in as much as possible as well, great AoE and ticking dots. (Note: They don't completely kill them. They leave dots ticking and leave to work on the boss some more. Are your guys waiting for them to die, or are they letting dots do their job and finish the mobs off?) Arcane Mage was after them. Ret was last priority because he has the worst gear (his ms is Holy and is our "swing" healer). Ele was only sent in if we had no healer available. There are sometimes moments where we lose track of whose available, in which case, we yell out for ANYONE to come over who is able to. You can't afford to take your time on getting people in there. Usually we had ok coordination though.

You don't know your warlock's spec? :S We usually have a lock with us, and he's affliction. He is high priority with me whenever he's there with us. We have him dot everything up and then immediately LEAVE to go work on the boss some more. I hope some of this helps. Like the others have said, there really isn't much else to say since you sound like you know how the fight works.. just need more damage overall.
    I am a filthy casual!

Deleted
    My guild just downed him yesterday. Our first attempt had the priest (me) as shadow for the dot damage on adds, with a holy priest, mistweaver monk and resto shaman healing. Adds died fast but we only got him to 12% when he enraged. I then switched from shadow to discipline and the resto shaman went elemental. We downed him on the second try with around 40 seconds before the enrage. Now, I rely heavily on atonement for my healing and am geared for haste. The extra 45k dps that I brought made the enrage possible, and while we had around 20 adds up when I left the last totem the damage was healable. So, from my limited experience, spend less time on adds and have your disc priest focus on atonement healing up until the last 20%, at which point they should spirit shell the tank as much as possible to reduce the damage from voodoo dolls.
    Last edited by mmoc1372b6dc4b; 2013-02-10 at 10:44 PM.

Thanks to everyone replying and giving hints and tactics

Really thankful for that!

We will try it next Sunday. Will report back then

Quote Originally Posted by Weischbier View Post
    Our best try was 1.5%, but we don't beat the enrage timer.
    if you hit 1.5% your tatics are solid and will work just give it another go dont change anything just go again and just with RNG more crits maybe a dodge on tanks he will die if you just do the same thing again. generally if you ever get a boss under 5% health don't change anything just try again

My guild is also having a problem killing him, we have killed him one time, but for some reason that we can't figure out why we can't do it again. Our current setup is:

Tanks:
    Blood OT
    Bear MT

Heals:
    HPally
    Resto Shaman

Dps:
    Enhance/Ele shaman (depending on which one we want to heal)
    Assass rogue (me)
    SV hunter
    Afflic lock
    SPriest
    Frost/Arc Mage (he is learning Arc)

As I said we have killed him before on Heroic. We used Garajal announce our first kill, but it kept saying to send me and the hunter without a healer which is retarded since yea I do have recup, but its 3% every 3 seconds. So we pretty much just kept sending our SPriest and lock every chance they could go. But as I said can't seem to repeat the kill.

First heroic kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=5547&e=5900

This past weeks attempts:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...pes&boss=60143
    Last edited by Fellaand; 2013-02-11 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Adding logs

Quote Originally Posted by Axelond View Post
    if you hit 1.5% your tatics are solid and will work just give it another go dont change anything just go again and just with RNG more crits maybe a dodge on tanks he will die if you just do the same thing again. generally if you ever get a boss under 5% health don't change anything just try again
    Well, it was our BEST try.
    Normally we hang around 10 - 15%. But I think I know where our issues is. We stay to long down there.
    We don't dot things just up but do so until they die in our period we are down there.
    I, as a Frost Dk, ran around and spam HB and kill one of the big adds and stay until 1-5s down there depending on the amount of adds.

I think this is where we can manage to get some great time back.

you're supposed to stay down there the whole time so healers can stack the % damage increase on you, Spiritual Innervation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    you're supposed to stay down there the whole time so healers can stack the % damage increase on you, Spiritual Innervation
    the cap is 21% or 22%, you should stay in until your capped if there's no adds up, if there's adds up you stay in till the end

Quote Originally Posted by Vanchak View Post
    the cap is 21% or 22%, you should stay in until your capped if there's no adds up, if there's adds up you stay in till the end
    well yes but hes talking about having like 20 adds up by the last burn phase they can certainly afford more time in the spirit realm lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are doing everything fine, just your DPS is a problem. 80k for 490+ seems low.
    Currently Procrastinating

Post some WoL please. If you wiped at 1.5%, make sure you tell everyone to pre-pot and pot again when the boss hits 20% for more execute damage. Also tell people to min-max their gear / talents some more.