Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What spells sound unpleasant to have used against you?

From the knowledge you have of your class or other classes what spell if used on you if you were your character or in real life would you not want used against you?

It has to be a spell and a spell only from the playable classes so don't bother with boss abilities.

I would have to say anything a shadow priest would use on me but specifically Mind Flay because that just sounds extremely horrible to experience.

Anal [Insert Any Spell].

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Death Knight diseases
    Or Blood Boil
    Just thinking about it....ugh

15+ Year Old Account
    Penance. I mean, have you ever read a Ghost Rider comic?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    necrotic strike, hands down. necrosis is so horrible it's unreal. google necrosis, shit's nasty.

the reality of living bomb would be pretty horrible too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood boil, insect swarm, living bomb, eviscerate, mutilate, murder of crows, and mind sear. There's plenty of more, but these seem the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my vote's for Mind flay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshoey View Post
    the reality of living bomb would be pretty horrible too.
    Like having a chest burster in ya, only it's an explosive ball of fire.

Any of them that weren't healing or otherwise beneficial spells. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Murder of Crows, Blood Boil, Death and Decay, Necrotic Strike, Penance, Eviscerate, Garrote, Rupture, Living Bomb, Scorch, Combustion, Devouring Plague would be my top bets.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Ice lance, used by me or against me. I hate the sound of that spell it's like the equivalent of scratching nails on a blackboard but with a global cooldown and constantly spammed by all the retards in PVP.

I can't find a video with its sound cause everyone on youtube has to share their shitty music, but I'm sure you all know what it is.
    Last edited by ragnarokvr1; 2013-02-11 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, all the gory spells are pretty horrible.

But what about Arcane Barrage? Voip, disintegrated.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    if the names were totally accurate, ferals and warriors would literally skin you within 10 seconds or so. infected wounds are pretty nasty. considering shadow word: pain is a vocal manifestation of pain, i bet that would hurt like fuck. deep freeze/shatter would be pretty rough too

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot about devouring plague... yuck. It's a fast DoT now, so imagine a quick acting disease that utterly devours you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

But what about Arcane Barrage? Voip, disintegrated.
    I imagine if it disintegrates you so fast it's probably painless.

Not to be insultive, but this thread doesn't really need to be. I don't think anyone would say they would want any damage dealing spell dealt to them.

So to answer the question. None of them. I would not no damage dealing spell to be used against me. Not a single one. A better question would be, if you HAD to get hit with a damage dealing PC spell in wow, what spell would it be?
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Mind Flay or Blood Boil. Also Devouring Plague is full of nasty not-niceness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prayer of Healing.

I mean, I don't want this asshole priest sitting around doing nothing when he could be calling for a real doctor.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Not to be insultive, but this thread doesn't really need to be. I don't think anyone would say they would want any damage dealing spell dealt to them.

So to answer the question. None of them. I would not no damage dealing spell to be used against me. Not a single one. A better question would be, if you HAD to get hit with a damage dealing PC spell in wow, what spell would it be?
    It's more or less similar to a question that would read "What's the worst way you could die in real life?" No one wants to die a horrible death but they're just naming off ways they could. Same here. Who in their right mind would want to be hit with any of these spells? I'm just asking if there is a particular one you'd rather not be assaulted with.

blood boil, immolate, curse of agony, mind flay, mind sear, execute, soul fire, combustion, mutilate, soul reaper, touch of death, sunfire, lava burst, lightning bolt all don't seem that pleasent

Quote Originally Posted by lucizanito View Post
    It's more or less similar to a question that would read "What's the worst way you could die in real life?" No one wants to die a horrible death but they're just naming off ways they could. Same here. Who in their right mind would want to be hit with any of these spells? I'm just asking if there is a particular one you'd rather not be assaulted with.
    Asking, "What's the worst spell that could be cast against you?" is much different from "What spell would you not want cast against you?"

The answer to the first question is, for me, any warlock or DK spell. The answer to the second question is, "any of them."
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015