Thread: Bespin Boogie

Bespin Boogie

I can't post a link, but there was a blog posted with this title on "Fat, Ugly or Slutty" by gtz on January 2nd regarding a user named Zavex’mekzurzar trying to bribe a player with a female avatar to dance in exchange for money, which people seemed to be doing.

It made me wonder, is harassment like this a common problem in SWTOR? I think I've encountered people like this in pretty much any game where people are allowed to type freely. Games that inhibited it like Wizard 101 seemed to be free though.

It makes me wonder if there are particular areas in games like TOR where people like this would congregate and what the developmental staff does to deal with those situations.

You will probably run into it a lot of RP servers.
    And its not exactly a problem.
    You see, they are role playing and while totally inappropriate in real life, you could easily imagine a bounty hunter heading to a nearby cantina to blow a wad of credits on a lap dance after dropping a few thugs for a client

If the player feels that the behavior is going beyond their comfort level there is an ignore feature, report feature, and they could play on a PVE or PVP server where that sort of behavior is considered more deviant.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Have you ever heard about a specific server of WoW in NA? You wouldn't want to go in Goldshire there, believe me!

Can't say I've ever heard of this practice before, if he wanted to see a female character dance he could just roll one for himself. So I'm inclined to go with Hk's line of thinking, its probably RP behavior.

probably Rp like the others said. This behavior sounds like Goldshire on the US server Moonguard. That place is messed up

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the SWG days, I believe that the "Entertainer" profession would offer specific buffs if you spent enough time in their presence. Due to the extensive macro system, you could make a sultry dancer bot and leave her in a cantina and make a decent amount of tips (or so I was told).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    You will probably run into it a lot of RP servers.
    And its not exactly a problem.
    You see, they are role playing and while totally inappropriate in real life, you could easily imagine a bounty hunter heading to a nearby cantina to blow a wad of credits on a lap dance after dropping a few thugs for a client

If the player feels that the behavior is going beyond their comfort level there is an ignore feature, report feature, and they could play on a PVE or PVP server where that sort of behavior is considered more deviant.
    Personally I can't see anything inappropriate in that, even in real life

10+ Year Old Account
    "That's not the only wad he'll be blowing there Tim"

/rimshot