Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    All this fuzz about a donation just shows how sad wow pvp is.
    Starcraft 2 players like Idra and Destiny make 5k+ each month ONLY from adds in the stream, they dont even mention "donation".
    We should expect more from the biggest mmo in the world.

Deleted
    Streamers don't make an insane amount of money from ad revenue, unless you run ads every 20 minutes with over 5k viewers and even then its probably minimum wage considering the time some of these guys put into streaming. For example i won't name the streamer but he gets between 300-700 viewers daily and streams 12+ hours per day/night. He said on stream for Decembers ad revenue he made less than 200 dollars for that month. The same streamer had Towelliee in his stream doing a few arena games and Towelliee said he was earning just 20 dollars a day streaming during December. I think they deserve ALOT more than that for the hours of Entertainment they provide for people and if some rich guy is going to donate to them. Good for them, they deserve every penny.

10+ Year Old Account
    that is just dumb-who ever would give HARD earned money away to a guy playing video games needs to get a grip on life and look whats going on in this country.only a wealthy dumb ass would give that much $ away.reckful makes over a 150k a year because dumb asses give him there $,lmfao.you think reck is your friend,hes not,you think he likes you because he says your name over the internet,he dont. he takes advantage of people for $,and more power to him.if people are that dumb to give it to him,so be it.

People who donate money to "gamers" should be shot and their fortune should be given to real charity.

Quote Originally Posted by ghrolt View Post
    People who donate money to "gamers" should be shot and their fortune should be given to real charity.
    Why? whos to say the person didn't donate 150k to a "real" charity 5 minutes prior to this. People can do whatever the fuck they want with their money and for anyone to think they can dicatate otherwise is just laughable.

Hell, people all around the world pay millions to go see a movie, why should actors get payed so much for providing you with entertaintment, just as these streamers do?

Deleted
    Just wow, i hope this isn't a serious post.

Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    that is just dumb-who ever would give HARD earned money away to a guy playing video games needs to get a grip on life and look whats going on in this country.only a wealthy dumb ass would give that much $ away.reckful makes over a 150k a year because dumb asses give him there $,lmfao.you think reck is your friend,hes not,you think he likes you because he says your name over the internet,he dont. he takes advantage of people for $,and more power to him.if people are that dumb to give it to him,so be it.
    Why do people pay hard earned money to see a football match? Or any other sport event? I find that shit so freaking boring. And they earn millions each year by kicking a bloody ball around a field.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

People who get mad about others success are scums.
    Let people do whatever they want with their money. Reckful is a good guy, I can imagine worse ways to spend money even tho I would not donate to Reckful myself.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    People who get mad about others success are scums.
    Let people do whatever they want with their money. Reckful is a good guy, I can imagine worse ways to spend money even tho I would not donate to Reckful myself.
    He's a liar. Another well known Youtuber/Streamer who happens to be a friend of mine told me about that guys attitude towards the community. And after what I've heard I'd never give him a feckin' cent.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drixar View Post
    Just wow, i hope this isn't a serious post.
    It's serious.

I did not state with what or where and how.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a liar. Another well known Youtuber/Streamer who happens to be a friend of mine told me about that guys attitude towards the community. And after what I've heard I'd never give him a feckin' cent.

It's serious.

So, the typical: I don't like it so no one is allowed to like it?
    Let people do with their money what they want.

It's serious.

So guy gave him money before you heard it? And if not, I.E., no difference? You shouldn't believe all you're told, best way is to talk with the person it's about. I don't think people watch Reckful's stream because they like him as a person, only a fraction know him, it's because they think he's good at the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You shouldn't believe all you're told, best way is to talk with the person it's about.
    This things I'm referring too was things he said directly to the before mentioned nameless Youtube guy.

---------- Post added 2013-02-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    So, the typical: I don't like it so no one is allowed to like it?
    Let people do with their money what they want.
    No. No. no no (filling the 10 chars)

Quote Originally Posted by Sxe View Post
    Streamers don't make an insane amount of money from ad revenue, unless you run ads every 20 minutes with over 5k viewers and even then its probably minimum wage considering the time some of these guys put into streaming. For example i won't name the streamer but he gets between 300-700 viewers daily and streams 12+ hours per day/night. He said on stream for Decembers ad revenue he made less than 200 dollars for that month. The same streamer had Towelliee in his stream doing a few arena games and Towelliee said he was earning just 20 dollars a day streaming during December. I think they deserve ALOT more than that for the hours of Entertainment they provide for people and if some rich guy is going to donate to them. Good for them, they deserve every penny.
    Thats because twitch doesnt care about wow, LoL/SC2 streamers are partened with twitch, in fact twitch hires them.

Like i said, Destiny a well know former Starcraft streamer already showed how much he makes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Thats because twitch doesnt care about wow, LoL/SC2 streamers are partened with twitch, in fact twitch hires them.

Like i said, Destiny a well know former Starcraft streamer already showed how much he makes
    Wow players are also partnered with twitch actually. Maybe not "hired" like Sc2 or LoL streamers. But for sure partnered. But my point wasn't that about LoL or Sc2 streamers. I was simply saying that most wow streamers don't earn alot of money from Ad revenue so they deserve the donations they get for hours of entertainment they provide for people. Maybe you thought my statement of "Streamers don't make an insane amount of money" meant all streamers, but i was just talking about wow streamers as i don't watch sc2 or LoL..
    Last edited by mmocb6d591f0ff; 2013-02-13 at 03:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    People who live on other people charity irks me so bad...
    No one has to give him anything. He's realized there's a market in streaming high end PvP.

I'm Jelly.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snookiee View Post
    In case you hadn't heard, two days ago during his stream Reckful recieved a donation of $10,000 USD. Apparently they guy he was playing with recieved somewhere around $21,000 USD. This is just insane. I don't dislike either of them. But am just baffled at that amount of money. Is this the beginning of some sort of super-fanboyism? Do you think they faked it for lols? Perhaps some poor guy's PayPal was hacked?

Personally I think it was some rich bloke who could think of no other way to get attention. Discuss.
    Ask yourself the question of why would you not be surprised and (surely) have not made this thread if this donation was towards an athlete instead. Double standards and prejudice(maybe envy as well).
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Sxe View Post
    Wow players are also partnered with twitch actually. Maybe not "hired" like Sc2 or LoL streamers. But for sure partnered. But my point wasn't that about LoL or Sc2 streamers. I was simply saying that most wow streamers don't earn alot of money from Ad revenue so they deserve the donations they get for hours of entertainment they provide for people. Maybe you thought my statement of "Streamers don't make an insane amount of money" meant all streamers, but i was just talking about wow streamers as i don't watch sc2 or LoL..
    Yeah, wow streamers dont even bother with ads, thats because wow pvp is so shitty to watch twitch doesnt even care to partner up with the players.

But the point still remains,for the amount of time Reckfull streams and considering how famous he is, he doesnt even get paid that much, if Reckfull was a starcraft 2 or LoL player he would make 2x times more money

Forgive my ignorance, I didn´t watch any of the vids or whatever, so, what are these donations for exactly?

amount of but hurt people in this thread are too damn high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazdum View Post
    Yeah, wow streamers dont even bother with ads, thats because wow pvp is so shitty to watch twitch doesnt even care to partner up with the players.

But the point still remains,for the amount of time Reckfull streams and considering how famous he is, he doesnt even get paid that much, if Reckfull was a starcraft 2 or LoL player he would make 2x times more money
    I've gotta say i disagree. But each to their own opinion, hey? ;p Reckful has earned (this is from his own mouth) 60k in 3months. Also thats not including the 10k donation and any other donation he got since he said that. One more thing. Wow pvp might be shitty FOR YOU to watch. But there are 100's of thousands of people who enjoy watching pvp/wow related things. Probably the reason (using reckful for an example here) has almost 18million channel views right now. Not bad for wow pvp streamer if you ask me.